Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
classicrockr
 
classicrockr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th Anniv. Vert Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 535
Had to laugh at this comment from Challenger owner

I was doing a search for info on the new Barracuda coming out & came across a thread about the Cuda & Z/28. http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92304

One of the Challenger owners says this:

"if nothin else,our cars have something the camaro and mustangs will NEVER have,sex appeal....but i would love to see what mr ralph and his team have in the works!"

NO SEX APPEAL? you SERIOUSLY need to get to the optometrist pal...
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie
 
01pewterz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ocoee, FL
Posts: 7,389
Love is Blind
__________________
2010 2LT/RS, 2001 Z/28, 2014 Impala 2LT
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
ka1

 
ka1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,003
Eye of the beholder.........or some crap like that.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
JN3WMN
 
JN3WMN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 225
Challengers look extremely plain in my opinion & have one of the worst interiors of any car I've seen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
It's a car. I drive it. Stuff happens.
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
ka1

 
ka1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN3WMN View Post
Challengers look extremely plain in my opinion & have one of the worst interiors of any car I've seen.
Interior is def kinda plain but I think Challengers are very good looking cars when done right. Dodge needs to just drop all of the models to the height of SRT.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor
 
FaytalsCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: My Wife Crazy
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,704
Honestly The challenger is starting to grow on me. Our cars look great, and in my opinion better than the Challenger. But...with that being said when asked which one LOOKS like it deserves the name muscle car...that would go to the challenger
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
KTWillys
 
KTWillys's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: State Of Confusion
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
I was doing a search for info on the new Barracuda coming out & came across a thread about the Cuda & Z/28. http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92304

One of the Challenger owners says this:

"if nothin else,our cars have something the camaro and mustangs will NEVER have,sex appeal....but i would love to see what mr ralph and his team have in the works!"

NO SEX APPEAL? you SERIOUSLY need to get to the optometrist pal...

Seriously..

just look at the pictures...

eye of the beholder but alas those with so little must dis the others to try to make themselves look better in their own eyes... sad...
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?u=66073&type=sigpic&dateline=1344222370 border=0 alt= />
KTWillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
robotfighter
 
robotfighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 222
I dunno, I have seen some fugly Camaros that may give Dodge owners that impression. It seems a lot of Camaro owners overcustomize their cars to the point that they are ghetto ugly. Case in point, the guy that posted his Camaro for sale on Craigslist yesterday (we ALL had a good laugh at his expense). People, it is your responsibility to make graceful, tasteful mods to your car and not help create a reputation of the car being obnoxious. At least Justin Bieber isn't driving around in one. That would suck. I can totally see him driving a gold-plated Z28 with 56" rims. (what a douche).
robotfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
motorhead
bars suck
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: central, Pa
Posts: 7,715
I don't know about sex appeal ,but they are the best looking of the three in my opinion.

As far as the interiors, The SRT8 in the 12 and up are every bit as nice if not nicer than my ZL1. I would own a 392 in a heartbeat if it wasn't for them being behind in performance.
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars
 
DuskSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
Interior is def kinda plain but I think Challengers are very good looking cars when done right. Dodge needs to just drop all of the models to the height of SRT.
+1 interior is dull but exterior is perfect looks just like the parent car for sure.

I nearly bought a 392 but the interior flat sucked.
__________________
2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Dual Mode Exhaust CAI Inc CAI
Lethal Racing Stage IV
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Oracle Lighting throughout
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars
 
DuskSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I don't know about sex appeal ,but they are the best looking of the three in my opinion.

As far as the interiors, The SRT8 in the 12 and up are every bit as nice if not nicer than my ZL1. I would own a 392 in a heartbeat if it wasn't for them being behind in performance.
if you think that interior is even close to the Stang or the Camaro you need to go drive it again.
boring uninspired and lack of options.
even in the flagship 392.
and at the price which is the same as I paid for my Dusk the 392 smokes the SS.
__________________
2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Dual Mode Exhaust CAI Inc CAI
Lethal Racing Stage IV
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Oracle Lighting throughout
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #12
Mooch
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria MN
Posts: 158
So true on the interior. I would have gone with the challenger but the interior was so bad I almost died of bordem just looking at it.
Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #13
RenegadeSS
 
RenegadeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LLT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Union City, NJ
Posts: 483
Poor misguided souls.
__________________
RenegadeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #14
motorhead
bars suck
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: central, Pa
Posts: 7,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
if you think that interior is even close to the Stang or the Camaro you need to go drive it again.
boring uninspired and lack of options.
even in the flagship 392.
and at the price which is the same as I paid for my Dusk the 392 smokes the SS.
That's your opinion not fact. I spend a lot time in my buddies 392 and it's every bit as nice as mine to my ZL1 inside. There are many things that I like even more.

As far as lack of options, I'm not sure what you're talking about. It has a nice Nav system, huge stereo that kicks ass, streaming bluetooth, heated seats, heated steering wheel, three mode adjustable suspension, sunroof, power seats, door locks, brembo brakes all around, forged wheels, leather seats with very nice colored stitching, cruise control, rain sensing wipers, an info screen that lets you do 1/4 and 1/8 mile times, G force meter, top speed and I'm sure I missed some.

Oh yeah, very nice paddle shifters that work great.

I not sure what else you would need. Lack of options. I think you need to get more informed and stop believing everything you read.
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #15
Cpaint9041
 
Cpaint9041's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT RS
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 107
well he's right....about the mustang haha..personally my gf hates the challengers and so does every other girl I know. Which didn't influence my decision but certainly thought about it.
__________________
Cpaint9041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #16
motorhead
bars suck
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: central, Pa
Posts: 7,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpaint9041 View Post
well he's right....about the mustang haha..personally my gf hates the challengers and so does every other girl I know. Which didn't influence my decision but certainly thought about it.
That right there tells me that's it a cool car when women don't like it.
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
ka1

 
ka1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
+1 interior is dull but exterior is perfect looks just like the parent car for sure.

I nearly bought a 392 but the interior flat sucked.
Same here. I was down to Camaro or Challenger. I liked the Camaro better but the Challenger was less. The r/t was nice but not nice enough and the 392 price was just out of my range.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #18
willhe64

 
willhe64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,904
To me the Challengers look like 70's taxi cabs when I see them on the road.
__________________
I feel it only fair to warn you, I have a black belt in CAPS LOCK.
willhe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #19
ka1

 
ka1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
To me the Challengers look like 70's taxi cabs when I see them on the road.
When they aren't dropped, I can kinda see that.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #20
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars
 
DuskSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That's your opinion not fact. I spend a lot time in my buddies 392 and it's every bit as nice as mine to my ZL1 inside. There are many things that I like even more.

As far as lack of options, I'm not sure what you're talking about. It has a nice Nav system, huge stereo that kicks ass, streaming bluetooth, heated seats, heated steering wheel, three mode adjustable suspension, sunroof, power seats, door locks, brembo brakes all around, forged wheels, leather seats with very nice colored stitching, cruise control, rain sensing wipers, an info screen that lets you do 1/4 and 1/8 mile times, G force meter, top speed and I'm sure I missed some.

I not sure what else you would need. Lack of options. I think you need to get more informed and stop believing everything you read.
Um read? my ass
I drove the damn thing I just bought this SS in January I drove them ALL.
not to mention we see them every weekend at car club events etc.
Not everyone just drives their car a large portion of us are very active in the cities car scenes and are FAR from uninformed on cars.
Interiors and exteriors for that matter are 100% taste.
What works for you may make me puke.

This thread multiple people gave their opinions and most matched mine.
The Challenger interior and Dodge interiors in general all lack IMO.

the interior was boring uncomfortable and uninspired.
nothing about it screamed drive me.
all the modern cars have all of those options that's nothing special. I'm talking about options like the lighted door sills and ambient lighting and gauges that don't flat suck. above and beyond type stuff.

but when you open the door on a 2013 Mustang GT Premium and then sit in there it just is perfect.
the Camaro is a distant second and the Challenger is a did not even place IMO and alot of others that have driven both.

I'm sorry the car is sexy on the outside and boring on the inside.
__________________
2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Dual Mode Exhaust CAI Inc CAI
Lethal Racing Stage IV
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Oracle Lighting throughout
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #21
ka1

 
ka1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,003
Maybe I am missing something but the Mustang interior is not special to me at all. It's not much different than ours IMO and it certainly doesn't make up for the lack of looks on the outside.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #22
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,689
Challenger to me, front I Like, rear I like, belt line up I like, belt line down flat and boring.., interior utilitarian on the ones I have seen... Nothing really inspiring.. But then again I haven't looked inside one lately.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #23
dekan513
chevy pride
 
dekan513's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: pikeville ky
Posts: 2,145
looks is about all they have going for them . they do look good but after u say that theres not much more to say.
__________________

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #24
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars
 
DuskSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
Maybe I am missing something but the Mustang interior is not special to me at all. It's not much different than ours IMO and it certainly doesn't make up for the lack of looks on the outside.
I loved the Mustang Premium Interior.
great seats modern look and so much technology it makes our cars look like dinosaurs in comparison.
being able to customize the entire interior lighting and guage colors from the computer is flat awesome.
Not to mention the rest of the features the onboard computer offers over our flat crap DIC.

Love the Ford Computer and the Stereo JBL/Sync kicks the daylights out of Chevys crappy BA/Mylink

But on the flipside the exterior and the modular engine do nothing for me.

I would love that interior in my car and the Camaro's body and engine.

my perfect car.
__________________
2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Dual Mode Exhaust CAI Inc CAI
Lethal Racing Stage IV
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Oracle Lighting throughout
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #25
motorhead
bars suck
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: central, Pa
Posts: 7,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
Um read? my ass
I drove the damn thing I just bought this SS in January I drove them ALL.
not to mention we see them every weekend at car club events etc.
Not everyone just drives their car a large portion of us are very active in the cities car scenes and are FAR from uninformed on cars.
Interiors and exteriors for that matter are 100% taste.
What works for you may make me puke.

This thread multiple people gave their opinions and most matched mine.
The Challenger interior and Dodge interiors in general all lack IMO.

the interior was boring uncomfortable and uninspired.
nothing about it screamed drive me.
all the modern cars have all of those options that's nothing special. I'm talking about options like the lighted door sills and ambient lighting and gauges that don't flat suck. above and beyond type stuff.

but when you open the door on a 2013 Mustang GT Premium and then sit in there it just is perfect.
the Camaro is a distant second and the Challenger is a did not even place IMO and alot of others that have driven both.

I'm sorry the car is sexy on the outside and boring on the inside.
Lighted door sills and ambient lighting.

Yeah a car is worthless without them. WGAF! really.

You got your opinion and I got mine and that's all they are is opinions. For everyone on this thread that agrees with you I know someone that doesn't.

The difference is that I can take my bow tie blindfold off sometimes and appreciate other cars. I know where you're coming from though because many of my friends are mopar guys and they don't really care how fast my ZL1 is because they will always hate GM products. I'm fine with that and they know that I didn't buy it please them. It doesn't make us any less friends though.
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.