Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 04-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
lincoln361

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
'11 BadaSS/RS

So I recently sold a vararam to '11 BadaSS/RS. He received the package today. I got an email stating that If I had put insurance on the package because he received totally destroyed to him. I got that email from him around 430 pm. I work shift work from 7am-7pm. By the time I checked my email again 530pm, I received an email from paypal stating that they were going to hold 250.00 from my account because he filed a complaint, stating that his package was destroyed. He said he had pictures before and after. Not once did he text or call or email stating all of this or how I could resolve or help him out. . He did not bother say, I will return it back and give me partial or something, I am more than sure we could have worked something out, but now. I finally got pictures sent to me and this what they look like, this was totally done by somebody in the postal service or him or his neighbor. I don't think I should be held accountable for something like this. Their is no way I would be able to ship a package like this from the postal service, second of all, I put so much bubble wrap in their as well and he tells me that the box was not sturdy enough, huh no, somebodys foot was light enough when they stomped on it. I am just going to fight it because how do I know he did not open the box before and mess it up and package it up and say oh yeah it came like that. I guess we will let paypal figure. I guess I just had to vent, this is the first time this has ever happen and I get nothing but good ratings.
Attached Images

Last edited by lincoln361; 04-05-2013 at 08:44 PM.
lincoln361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Bradrulz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT IOM
Definitely damaged during delivery or something. Bad thing is and I have learned from experience when moving and sent some packages is that they happily sell you shipping insurance but if you make a claim USPS or UPS does want to pay because they didn't package it. Learned the hard way shipping my expensive rack stereo system via UPS when I over once. It was packaged great, but it was left at the door and when I got home the box was crushed in and UPS wouldn't pay because they didn't pack it.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.
MRT2.0 with Helmholtz Pipes, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 4-Pack Gauges, Flat Black Stripes, Added Spare Tire Kit, Elite Catch Can, Chrome 20" Wheels, HUD, ABL Doors, GM Dovetail, Matte Black Gills, Rear Fascia Blackout
Bradrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
lincoln361

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Yeah, thanks. I hope everything does work out and paypal can figure all this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradrulz View Post
Definitely damaged during delivery or something. Bad thing is and I have learned from experience when moving and sent some packages is that they happily sell you shipping insurance but if you make a claim USPS or UPS does want to pay because they didn't package it. Learned the hard way shipping my expensive rack stereo system via UPS when I over once. It was packaged great, but it was left at the door and when I got home the box was crushed in and UPS wouldn't pay because they didn't pack it.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.
lincoln361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I went through this last summer with a sub box I sold on here. I will not sell or buy anything on here again. Nothing against anyone on here but I just don't need the bul%s#it. I have a set of stock wheels and instead of selling them for a few hundred bucks I will try to sell local. If nobody local wants them I will just scrap them. Again I just don't need the hassel...
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Yeah I had a similar issue once that cost me alot of money. From then on I always let ups package everything always.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5 & C6
Looks like someone drove over it. You'll wind up getting it back and $ returned to the buyer. Unless you insured it, you won't get any compensation. And a purchase receipt would help the process greatly.
I had insured an item that was damaged by the Post Office. Took a long time to get my money back, and they kept the item.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
JRT

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
It doesn't matter...you are seller so you are responsible for the package. 11 BadaSS/RS didn't pay you good money for a destroyed product so why should he be responsible? If you bought a brand new part from LM Performance and it came destroyed I am sure you would want your money back yes?

Give him his cash back and next time get insurance.