Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dynomax Exhausts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 05-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Tint Deal near Pgh. Anyone know Waterfront Auto Complex?

Got this Groupon offer today:
http://www.groupon.com/deals/waterfront-auto-complex-1

Company site: http://waterfrontauto.com/

Had the Camaro for almost a year and a half without tint. My other previous 2 cars were tinted and it feels weird haha. Can't believe I went this long.

Anyone have any experience with Waterfront Auto Complex in Homestead? I sent them a message asking what brand of tint they use and if it comes with any lifetime fading/discoloring warranty. If it is quality stuff, $79 is a great price for tint.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
scuba264

Saw in the fine print that this only applies to the side and back windows, the rear is excluded. So there will be an extra charge for the rear but should still be a good price either way.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
Car3223

Drives: Saturn Aura XR
Hi scuba,

This post came up on a random internet search, did you end up getting your car tinted here? I got the groupon today and have 2 days left to purchase, how is the quality here if you went with them. The back windshield is priced at $85-$150, and the groupon for the others is for 79$. Is this a good price?

Thank you.
Car3223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
scuba264

I think I called that place and they quoted me a lot for the rear. An average "good" price I'd say is around $200 total.

I ended up going with this guy in Monroeville, he did my last car as well. He had a Groupon later, all windows for $149. Very satisfied with his work both times: http://www.solarcontroltint.com/

One funny tip haha. After he tinted my windows I just had him lock the keys in and I picked up after hours. Got in and my passenger seat was stuck leaning forward! I'd pull the latch and couldn't make it go back. I was all mad, thought he busted it and didn't tell me or something.

Turns out the motorized control on the side can actually tilt the seat like the WHOLE way forward. Who knew? I never tried it that far haha. He did it I guess to get back there and neglected to move it back. So keep that in mind so you don't look like a dolt posting on here later like I did lol
Old 06-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
Rhyno81

Drives: Summit White 2012 1LT M6
If you are looking for a great tint job contact Mark at Opaque Tinting 412-897-2021. Did a flawless job and even the windshield brow for 160
-VMAX Throttle Body .......................... -Oracle 5202 Plasma Foglights
-CAI Cold Air Intake ........................... -Oracle 6000K HIDs
-ADM Scoop .......................................-Tinted Taillights and Marker Lights
-Rotofab Washer Fluid Relocate .............-Diode Dynamics Switchback Turn Signals
-Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
-GM Performance Strut Tower Brace

Rhyno81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:01 AM   #6
Mykechiz32

Drives: 2014 Camaro ss
I got a app on the 18th of April,I stopped there an talked to some guy,he didn't seem very professional,had no examples of what tint they use,so fingers are crossed
Mykechiz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:42 PM   #7
Rhyno81

Drives: Summit White 2012 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykechiz32 View Post
I got a app on the 18th of April,I stopped there an talked to some guy,he didn't seem very professional,had no examples of what tint they use,so fingers are crossed
Do yourself a favor and cancel and call Mark at opaque tinting.. number is in my previous post. It will be flawless 150 bux 10 bux extra for the windshield brow if you want. He will stand behind his work and get it done very quickly. Had my windows done over 2 years ago and they are still perfect. Have had many other cars done by him.
-VMAX Throttle Body .......................... -Oracle 5202 Plasma Foglights
-CAI Cold Air Intake ........................... -Oracle 6000K HIDs
-ADM Scoop .......................................-Tinted Taillights and Marker Lights
-Rotofab Washer Fluid Relocate .............-Diode Dynamics Switchback Turn Signals
-Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
-GM Performance Strut Tower Brace

Rhyno81 is offline   Reply With Quote