Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
TheGreyWasp
Romans 1:16

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro
CRACKING NOISE WHEN ACCELERATE

I am having a strange issue when i accelerate coming from my back wheels. When i hit the gas whether hard of soft, i get this distinct crack or click from the back wheels. sounds like something is stuck or like its locked and being popped idk. maybe differential needs to be changed? it only happens when i accelerate. its not the tapping most complain about i know about that. I was told by my dealer months ago that if didnt change my diff fluid my wheels would lock up but i thenread its not necessary. Im just not sure man and its bothering me. im tired of the dealer i take her too they alway try to tell me something else needs to be done
TheGreyWasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I would suggest after your break in period to replace the differential fluids. Check your lugnuts to make sure they are tight. I made a mistake a few days ago when I put my tires on. Only finger tightened and when I got 4 blocks from home I turned around and slowly came home. I noticed this tapping/clicking noise. After I torqued them down I didn't hear the noise again.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valve Train, Cam Motion custom grind, ARH 1 7/8, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, LS2 Dampner, Trunion upgrade, LS9 head gaskets, RX CC, GFX, Subs.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS A6
You have a 2010 it's missing thrust washers on the axle, Take it to a dealer and have them look it up, There's a bulletin on it.. You can put 100,000 mile on the dif fluid. You will hear and feel the bearings it there's a problem with the fluid.

Last edited by Nitroman28; 04-09-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
TheGreyWasp

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman28 View Post
You have a 2010 it's missing thrust washers on the axle, Take it to a dealer and have them look it up, There's a bulletin on it.. You can put 100,000 mile on the dif fluid. You will hear and feel the bearings it there's a problem with the fluid.
i am goin to the dealer tomorrow! Thanks for the info. Im goin to just changed the diff either way. Itll put me at ease.
TheGreyWasp is offline   Reply With Quote