Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, Audi Q5
Erratic Driving

So, I was headed down Whidbey Island here in Washington State towards the Clinton ferry today. As you drive south on the island, traffic splits off and lightens as you get closer to the ferry. It's a two lane road, with a few passing zones. To a point, there no reason to pass because there's enough traffic to make that pointless.

I did get to a point where 3 cars & a truck were ahead of me, and for about 15 miles, the first car was varying speed from 53 down to 45 (in a 55 zone). There were some 45 & 50 zones as well, and this lead car still was not really going the speed limit and usually well under.

I passed one car in a passing zone, ending up behind the truck. Shortly after that the truck and one of the cars ahead of me split off on side roads leaving the final car that was doing such a poor job maintaining the speed limit (a Prius). I was able to pass that car in a passing zone and proceeded to continue down the highway to the ferry at the speed limit +3mph, using the cruise control. I pulled away at that speed quite quickly from the car that had been causing the backup.

I get to the ferry and start reading a book while waiting for the ferry to arrive. I get a knock on the window, and this older lady identifies herself as a judge and proceeds to tell me I was driving erratically and that she didn't want people driving like that on her island. I explain about the person going under the speed limit causing everyone to brake constantly behind it because of how it was driving. I had no idea which car she was driving, and explained that I passed safely in passing zones, etc.

She continues to say that she doesn't want people like me driving on "her island" that way, even going so far as to ask me if I lived on the island (I had lived there in the past). I didn't answer, and continued to maintain that the only erratic driver was the one that was causing such problems to the cars behind it.

Finally, she says she has a .357 in her car, to which I don't respond because...well, why would that matter.

We load on to the ferry finally, and spend the 1/2 hour getting to the other ferry terminal, where we depart the ferry. While we're driving off the ferry, which is two lanes going off the ferry, the Prius proceeds to change lanes in the middle of the intersection while I'm next to it forcing me into the oncoming lane. I honk my horn, see "the judge" look up at me in surprise and she jerks her car back in to her proper lane. I look at her, shake my head, and proceed on my way. Had to laugh because I have no idea if she really was a judge or not...
Old 04-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Wow!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Some people are so stubborn, I hate seeing older people think they're above certain people just because of 'seniority'
Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Isn't implying you are armed (or available) considered a misdemeanor. Then again, she would throw it out of her own court.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
Same thing happened when I was in Whidbey
Old 04-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
trewyn15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Same thing happened when I was in Whidbey
The EXACT same story?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
The EXACT same story?
What're the odds...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
So, I was headed down Whidbey Island here in Washington State towards the Clinton ferry today. As you drive south on the island, traffic splits off and lightens as you get closer to the ferry. It's a two lane road, with a few passing zones. To a point, there no reason to pass because there's enough traffic to make that pointless.

I did get to a point where 3 cars & a truck were ahead of me, and for about 15 miles, the first car was varying speed from 53 down to 45 (in a 55 zone). There were some 45 & 50 zones as well, and this lead car still was not really going the speed limit and usually well under.

I passed one car in a passing zone, ending up behind the truck. Shortly after that the truck and one of the cars ahead of me split off on side roads leaving the final car that was doing such a poor job maintaining the speed limit (a Prius). I was able to pass that car in a passing zone and proceeded to continue down the highway to the ferry at the speed limit +3mph, using the cruise control. I pulled away at that speed quite quickly from the car that had been causing the backup.

I get to the ferry and start reading a book while waiting for the ferry to arrive. I get a knock on the window, and this older lady identifies herself as a judge and proceeds to tell me I was driving erratically and that she didn't want people driving like that on her island. I explain about the person going under the speed limit causing everyone to brake constantly behind it because of how it was driving. I had no idea which car she was driving, and explained that I passed safely in passing zones, etc.

She continues to say that she doesn't want people like me driving on "her island" that way, even going so far as to ask me if I lived on the island (I had lived there in the past). I didn't answer, and continued to maintain that the only erratic driver was the one that was causing such problems to the cars behind it.

Finally, she says she has a .357 in her car, to which I don't respond because...well, why would that matter.

We load on to the ferry finally, and spend the 1/2 hour getting to the other ferry terminal, where we depart the ferry. While we're driving off the ferry, which is two lanes going off the ferry, the Prius proceeds to change lanes in the middle of the intersection while I'm next to it forcing me into the oncoming lane. I honk my horn, see "the judge" look up at me in surprise and she jerks her car back in to her proper lane. I look at her, shake my head, and proceed on my way. Had to laugh because I have no idea if she really was a judge or not...
I've found out some old people just don't like getting passed. I passed this old dude in a truck once and then pulled off to get fuel and he too pulled into the gas station. He then proceeded to scream at me. The guy was doing 10 under and would speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down. And I legally passed him! I pointed at his cruise control and told him to use the #$%^&*. He didn't like that But yeah, he didn't even get anything at the gas station.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #9
greenisgood

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
man, a self righteous hypocrite driving a Prius. That almost NEVER happens
Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #10
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenisgood View Post
man, a self righteous hypocrite driving a Prius. That almost NEVER happens
Post of the day!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLOW 1 of Only 28
I honestly belive we all sould be retested Every 4 years. We all get into bad habbits. if we know this to be true.

skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #12
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
The EXACT same story?
Basically. With the idiots not driving and the asshole on the ferry. The guy wasn't a judge though.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #13
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Are you aware that even though you passed all those cars including the prius, You and the Prius both rode together on the same exact ferry?

If that is true, all you did was waste gas for no reason.

I understand how you feel though.

You should have started video taping her when she walked up to you and said she had a gun.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, Audi Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
Are you aware that even though you passed all those cars including the prius, You and the Prius both rode together on the same exact ferry?

If that is true, all you did was waste gas for no reason.

I understand how you feel though.

You should have started video taping her when she walked up to you and said she had a gun.
Very true, although I also wouldn't have had to constantly be watching the cars ahead of me braking & dealing with someone who can't hold a constant speed. It's a trade-off. I guess I'd rather have clear open road ahead of me in those situations.

As far as wasting gas, probably wasted more gas with all the constant decelerating/accelerating I had to do while following.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #15
trewyn15

I agree, you would have used more gas braking and accelerating over and over again instead of making a simple pass.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #16
dkp2LT

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 GT/CS, '10 Flex
Well she acted as a judge and jury - with the .357 glad she wasn't the executioner.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #17
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3