Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

1st & 2nd Generation Camaros 1967-1969 Camaros / 1970-1981 Camaro

Old 03-18-2014, 01:25 AM   #1
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
67 Camaro on Ebay......ball park price?

Hey 1st genners,

There is a 67 hugger orange camaro on ebay right now that I am absolutely in love with. The seller hasn't posted a buy it now price or a reserve price. But....based on the description of the car, and the mods done to it, if you were going to throw out an offer on it..........where would you start?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231180613863...84.m1436.l2649
Old 03-18-2014, 09:04 AM   #2
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:10 AM   #3
flyingskibiker

Drives: Cars, Trucks, Bikes, ORVs, Planes
Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
Personally, I wouldn't pay over $15k. It's just too far from original for me (think clone and/or "fad").

The trim tag says:
Body was assembled 2nd week of Sept. '67 (pretty early car, actually!)
Blue interior
Sport coupe, Standard interior
Blue standard interior w/ Custom seat trim
Marina Blue upper/lower paint
Z21 style trim group

There is no such thing as "radio delete" in 1st gens. That is the way they all started!

Anyway, no need to try to sound like I know stuff... Just know that it isn't an SS (plus the SS gets 12-bolt rears), those stripes are Z/28 only, the cowl hood was available mid-69 model year, 67's didn't get spoilers from the factory, Hugger orange is 1969 only, Multi-leaf rear springs, etc. It's very clean. So, that is why I'd go $15k...

Just so you're informed...
Old 03-20-2014, 05:28 AM   #4
MLL67RSSS

Drives: 67 Indy Pace Car
Very true flyingskibiker, however looks like a pretty straight car and if as solid a body as it looks in the pictures a good foundation. Pretty forgiving in these resto-mod days of upgrading a base car to SS status as long as the seller is upfront about. Many may find it more desirable modified stock like that. IMO if you could pick it up for $22-24K I think it's worth that if a solid rust free car, and you can start enjoying it right away. My buddy restored his '67 Firebird 'vert himself (all but body/paint/engine machining) a little over 10 years ago and he had $35K in it just in restoration costs, he already owned the car. Good solid first gens don't come cheaply.
EDIT BTW I did return my car to mono-leafs, but you're better off with the multi's!
EDIT 2 Just noticed the sub-frame connectors, bet that car is a HOOT to drive!!! I like it! Sure turn heads on cruise night.

EDIT 3 OOPS already bid to $24K, but as stated couldn't build it for that.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 03-20-2014 at 05:44 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:26 AM   #5
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '14 1LE
Bodywork and paint cost a small fortune. That car has both bases covered and looks to be in excellent shape. It would fetch $15k as a roller. It has a very generic engine that is probably 100% trouble-free and is a blast to cruise with. It's already at $24k, and I honestly think that is about the peak of what it "should" get.

There are better websites for you to look at regarding a purchase of a classic musclecar. eBay used to be the ticket, but there are scams galore on there right now. For example, that car you listed might not actually have a single honest bidder on it. The bids can potentially be friends of the owner that magically bid the car right up to the reserve price. Then the next bidder owns it. This happens all the time. Or you'll put a bid in at say $30k, and his friends will bid it up and up until they just beat your bid, and then they'll retract the last bid at the last second and you'll own it for your max bid.

I would head over to racingjunk and do a search for 69 Camaro. You'll get a ton of drag cars (that can still be streetable), and street cars, and there won't be any bidding games going on.

Here's a few I found in a 2 minute search:

http://www.racingjunk.com/Chevy/1821...et-Camaro.html

$26900--survivor car

$27,000--comes with a nasty big-block runs 5.80's (roughly 9.00's 1/4)

http://www.racingjunk.com/Complete-R...maro-NICE.html

Probably needs some work to get it streetable, but you get a TON of car for the money.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:29 AM   #6
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingskibiker View Post
Personally, I wouldn't pay over $15k. It's just too far from original for me (think clone and/or "fad").

The trim tag says:
Body was assembled 2nd week of Sept. '67 (pretty early car, actually!)
Blue interior
Sport coupe, Standard interior
Blue standard interior w/ Custom seat trim
Marina Blue upper/lower paint
Z21 style trim group

There is no such thing as "radio delete" in 1st gens. That is the way they all started!

Anyway, no need to try to sound like I know stuff... Just know that it isn't an SS (plus the SS gets 12-bolt rears), those stripes are Z/28 only, the cowl hood was available mid-69 model year, 67's didn't get spoilers from the factory, Hugger orange is 1969 only, Multi-leaf rear springs, etc. It's very clean. So, that is why I'd go $15k...

Just so you're informed...
Thankyou! I appreciate it very much. Yeah I figured this one was a clone. But actually, I would almost appreciate a clone more because I wouldn't feel bad about driving it often! LOL. Numbers matching would be cool, but then I'd probably let it sit in the garage all the time and never drive it.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #7
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
Bodywork and paint cost a small fortune. That car has both bases covered and looks to be in excellent shape. It would fetch $15k as a roller. It has a very generic engine that is probably 100% trouble-free and is a blast to cruise with. It's already at $24k, and I honestly think that is about the peak of what it "should" get.

There are better websites for you to look at regarding a purchase of a classic musclecar. eBay used to be the ticket, but there are scams galore on there right now. For example, that car you listed might not actually have a single honest bidder on it. The bids can potentially be friends of the owner that magically bid the car right up to the reserve price. Then the next bidder owns it. This happens all the time. Or you'll put a bid in at say $30k, and his friends will bid it up and up until they just beat your bid, and then they'll retract the last bid at the last second and you'll own it for your max bid.

I would head over to racingjunk and do a search for 69 Camaro. You'll get a ton of drag cars (that can still be streetable), and street cars, and there won't be any bidding games going on.

Here's a few I found in a 2 minute search:

http://www.racingjunk.com/Chevy/1821...et-Camaro.html

$26900--survivor car

$27,000--comes with a nasty big-block runs 5.80's (roughly 9.00's 1/4)

http://www.racingjunk.com/Complete-R...maro-NICE.html

Probably needs some work to get it streetable, but you get a TON of car for the money.
THAT is an awesome website. Thank you! That orange 69 is gorgeous and the price is nice.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:56 AM   #8
flyingskibiker

Drives: Cars, Trucks, Bikes, ORVs, Planes
Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
Right. I do realize that they are priced very high (again) now a days... I agree that it is OK to clone a car as long as it isn't presented as something it isn't, which I'm not so sure in this case.

I bought mine so long ago, I have no real frame of reference. I did do some searching for a friend a few years ago. He was after numbers matching, but he really had no idea how much a car like that cost...

My car is mostly original. Plus, when I was buying parts way back when (and still am, to a point), they sold NOS parts from the vendors!!! Mine is in no way a garage queen. Though, driving it on a freeway doesn't sound as fun today as it use to!

And it is also true that a good paint job is pricey. I've been needing one for years. But I just can't afford it. I've had other priorities...