Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #26
ClaymoreZ28
 
ClaymoreZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cary, North Carolina USA
Posts: 480
Looks very "patchwork" to me
Hard to see what the graphics are on the angle shots and side on they just look random.
Car would look far better in solid colors / bolder/symmetrical patterns
__________________
SSMAUG - IOM 2SS/RS/6M
Breathing Fire since October 8th 2009 !
ClaymoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #27
Nitro-SS
Horsepower Or Death
 
Nitro-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Savin for the 2SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Home of the camaro! Oshawa, Ontario
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleo View Post
ok lurking for a while mainly to get information.But I had to register to finally say my peice, and this thread seems the perfect place.
would someone please shave that peak off the front end and put a square nose on one of these......... please!
something like the 67,8,9 nose. I figured someone somewhere would have done it already
but no.
Sorry to jump in on a first post and go on a bit of a tirade but this has driven me crazy
since the concept first debuted. its the only thing wrong with the car IMO..... and the price my dealer wants for one
Uhmmm you need the Peak on the front end to cut the mustangs clean in half Duh!! As for the camaro i agree with ClaymoreZ28 It looks like they slapped this together in 2 minutes
__________________
On the Track the last thing you want to see is us!
Nitro-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:02 AM   #28
z71roller
 
z71roller's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Silverado Z71
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Walker, MI
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleo View Post
ok lurking for a while mainly to get information.But I had to register to finally say my peice, and this thread seems the perfect place.
would someone please shave that peak off the front end and put a square nose on one of these......... please!
something like the 67,8,9 nose. I figured someone somewhere would have done it already
but no.
Sorry to jump in on a first post and go on a bit of a tirade but this has driven me crazy
since the concept first debuted. its the only thing wrong with the car IMO..... and the price my dealer wants for one

See this thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...s+Modification

It's the closest to your flat front end that I've seen. It wouldn't be too difficult to convert it back to a Camaro front instead of a Pontiac.

IMO, I love the look of the 2010...
z71roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:19 AM   #29
Thankful
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South
Posts: 1
Cool post. Looks like it was leaked and released first by the guys over at www.GMTunerSource.com. Makes sense for them to have info like this since they have been the official site of all things GM Tuner and Youth or "cool" related for the past 4 years or so. They are posting that they will be leaking more soon. The Camaro is going to be a lot of to watch here as we move into SEMA. Tons of aftermarket companies are going to be showcasing all kinds of parts for them. Exciting times....
Thankful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #30
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5 & C6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 6,902
Luv the spoiler, CF hood, and CF GFX. Can't wait for the parts to be available..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:04 AM   #31
Badg1rl
 
Drives: 06 Cobalt, 02 Cavi, 06 Topkick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 4
Hey everyone! My name is Donna from GM Addiction. Just wanted to thank everyone for the comments on our rendering. we appreciate your input! we will keep everyone updated on whether we are granted the car so we can showcase some new and exciting things for you camaro lovers!

Just some background info- Kenny (bf) and I are from Long Island, NY. we have been involved in modifying/showing/racing for practically a decade. Right now we are touring with my car which has won a GM design award at SEMA in 2007 and 2 back to back national GM titles.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2300363

I was born a GM girl...have never driven anything else.

we have been in business running niche sites for over a decade now and have been building dreams for customers and ourselves alike. our life is our business and we would love to continue with a new camaro because we put so much heart and dedication into what we do.

thanks again for the support....rock on!
Badg1rl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #32
Chris-10
Tri-County Camaro Tampa
 
Chris-10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Port Richey,fl
Posts: 2,644
way to much going on with the graphics
__________________
My build thread.click the pic. COTW 10/24/11
Chris-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #33
myhotpink
 
Drives: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 15
Not sure about the decklid, but the rest I absolutely love.
myhotpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #34
Brokinarrow


 
Brokinarrow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indianola, IA
Posts: 5,341
LOVE the way they did the carbon fiber on either side of the hood! May need to look into that.... along with a dovetail spoiler
__________________
Brokinarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #35
montej23

 
montej23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 959
Very nice, i would like to see that produced
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #36
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE
 
CamaroTransAmFAM's Avatar
 
Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The WOODlands,Texas/New Orlean$
Posts: 194
i like this Camaro a little bit i like the spoiler the most but i was wondering what ever happened to the BLACK & DALE JR Camaro Concept cars? those are great looking cars i hope they are still on the list to be produced
__________________
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #37
Cessna510
Gm loyalist
 
Cessna510's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Baxter Springs Ks
Posts: 362
I'll pass
__________________
Cessna510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #38
C4
ERNEST
 
C4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012CAMARO 1LT RS CONVERTIBLE
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
Posts: 2,240
i like that look
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #39
gettinginaMaro!
 
Drives: At the moment I gun a 50 cal
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CA but IRAQ atm
Posts: 53
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
"American pride!" "Born and raced in the USA!" ummmmmmmm designed in australia, built in Canada. Something doesn't sound right there...
Your ummmmmm should be reconsidered I am an AMERICAN SOLDIER to say that this or ANY CAMARO is not AMERICAN is so ridulous it is shere insanity... I am no expert but from simply looking on THIS forum you can quickly conclude that the platform (modified Zeta came from GM's Australian divison) but the design of the Camaro was born in house at the headquarters of GM in the UNITED STATES of AMERICA...

As for being built in Canada what is not American about that? GM is simply utilizing there best fasility known for quality to get it right it is a global company & helping our friends helps us & helping people has been what the USA has been historically known for just take a look at history & you will see that there is a striking theme to the US envolment in world events (granted with a nod to our northern brothers we have often participated together) again that would then make sence that it is a rienforcement of this Camaro being American

The word Camaro may be one of the few TRUELY AMERICAN things we have after all the word didn't excict until GM created it & then defined it as "A small vicious animal that eats MUSTANGS" when first asked what a Camaro is at the press release in the summer of 66 (I believe)

The vision of this cars graphics & suttle undertone of the concept Camaro coloring are indeed unique & pay homage to the AMERICAN idea of what a MUSCLE car should be it is not for everyone true but to state that the theme "American Pride" & "Born & Raced in the USA" are not accurate would again be wrong because as you can tell Americans are very proud of this car & it was in fact (even this the 5th generation) BORN in the US & was/is raced here...

this is in no way meant as a hate or anger tword other people/nations it is simply a very passionate deffense by someone that has spilt blood for American ideas & for the greater good of a better world
gettinginaMaro! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #40
Kvapil28
 
Kvapil28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 453
cool
Kvapil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #41
REAPER SS
 
REAPER SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO BLK 2SS/L99
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Birmingham,Al
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroTransAmFAM View Post
i like this Camaro a little bit i like the spoiler the most but i was wondering what ever happened to the BLACK & DALE JR Camaro Concept cars? those are great looking cars i hope they are still on the list to be produced
I was wondering the same thing Man that black Camaro concept was sick
REAPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #42
tones2SS


 
tones2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Roush S3 05 Dodge Ram Daytona
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,892
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Lose the bizarre tattooing on the sides and it would look pretty damned nice...
I agree. I'm not digging the graphics. Not so much the grill neither.
I like the wheels and the lowering of the car and the dove tail is KILLER on there!
I like this idea better! Maybe different wheels though.
Attached Images
 
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #43
Gotthat02fire

 
Gotthat02fire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Williamsport,PA
Posts: 2,194
It is just a rendering with the right airbrush artist like Mike Lavalley this will look steller!!That dovetail wing is the best part of the car! Wait to see the car done your opions will change! I think it will be a little busy but still cool when finished!
Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #44
Badg1rl
 
Drives: 06 Cobalt, 02 Cavi, 06 Topkick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 4
its really hard to acheive a believable look with computer graphics and a rendering of a car which at the time there were no real pics of aside from those which were not usable for this sort of thing.
we chose a smoked theme to accent the carbon fiber which there is a lot of....CF hood, roof, lip, and plate in the rear.
We wanted to be a little different with the graphics also as I believe we are the only ones who did anything like it. We also went with the V6 model since the production #s are greater for that model. it would allow us to do a lot more with the engine also, to develop some more product for those people who are looking for a more affordable model, and for those who are looking to upgrade to a newer car that is affordable with awesome potential to gain much more power. It also allows those people who want to turn a wrench to really get in there are modify their car and make it unique and something they can take pride in owning and working on themselves.

the camaro will always be a symbol of american muscle... and we really wanted to show a sense of pride for the domestic vehicle which over the years has been overshadowed by a growing import scene. We want people to come back to GM...to save the brand and revitalize the market and i think our rendering was very unique because of the thought process behind the idea and theme.
Badg1rl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #45
Brokinarrow


 
Brokinarrow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indianola, IA
Posts: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badg1rl View Post
its really hard to acheive a believable look with computer graphics and a rendering of a car which at the time there were no real pics of aside from those which were not usable for this sort of thing.
we chose a smoked theme to accent the carbon fiber which there is a lot of....CF hood, roof, lip, and plate in the rear.
We wanted to be a little different with the graphics also as I believe we are the only ones who did anything like it. We also went with the V6 model since the production #s are greater for that model. it would allow us to do a lot more with the engine also, to develop some more product for those people who are looking for a more affordable model, and for those who are looking to upgrade to a newer car that is affordable with awesome potential to gain much more power. It also allows those people who want to turn a wrench to really get in there are modify their car and make it unique and something they can take pride in owning and working on themselves.

the camaro will always be a symbol of american muscle... and we really wanted to show a sense of pride for the domestic vehicle which over the years has been overshadowed by a growing import scene. We want people to come back to GM...to save the brand and revitalize the market and i think our rendering was very unique because of the thought process behind the idea and theme.
I think the graphics will look a lot better once they are on a real car, and as I said before, the carbon fiber stuff is awesome! Keep up the good work!
__________________
Brokinarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #46
13F20
 
Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA, soon to be KS.
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
"American pride!" "Born and raced in the USA!" ummmmmmmm designed in australia, built in Canada. Something doesn't sound right there...
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #47
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet
 
moto-camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: the Roflcopter
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 1,335
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
i'm not a huge fan of the dovetail spoiler, i'd take the normal spoiler or the GMPP high-wing before it, and to me it looks slightly overboard on the graphics. but it's just a rendering, and it's just my opinion. i'm also canadian, so i'm biased. but hey, eagles on a car are much cooler than, say..... maple leaves and beavers....

but for a show car, i'd say it's pretty cool
moto-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #48
Brokinarrow


 
Brokinarrow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indianola, IA
Posts: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-camaro View Post
i'm not a huge fan of the dovetail spoiler, i'd take the normal spoiler or the GMPP high-wing before it, and to me it looks slightly overboard on the graphics. but it's just a rendering, and it's just my opinion. i'm also canadian, so i'm biased. but hey, eagles on a car are much cooler than, say..... maple leaves and beavers....

but for a show car, i'd say it's pretty cool
nice. Not sure if this is the end intent or not, but when I see those graphics I'm thinking they will kind of ghost into the car? Would look good that way imho
__________________
Brokinarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #49
patriotpa
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Posts: 1,967
WOW! That is so....... ME! I LOVE it!
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #50
MerlinZero
Big Orange
 
MerlinZero's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 1,170
I love that paint scheme.... but could I really strip down the Orange? maybe do a ghost of the Seal and that stuff in a silver...? maybe?
__________________
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
SEMA CAMARO: LS7 Camaro Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 157 10-16-2009 09:26 AM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM
2010 SEMA Camaro "Black" heading for showroom floor Nexus6 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 98 11-03-2008 07:00 PM
Q&A with fbodfather (Scott Settlemire) regarding upcoming Camaro JustinZS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 22 05-20-2008 07:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.