Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
Camero5
Out of Order

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Tap shift after tuning

Guys -

Is it possible to keep the S mode tap shift after tuning? What I mean by this is that in D, when you use tap shift, I think depending on RPM and also when you come to a stop, it reverts from M back to D automatically. Before the tune, I could go to S and use tap shift and regardless it would stay on M. Because of the tune, S for me runs like crap since the tune is on D is what I understood.

Hope that makes some since.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
There will be no engine performance difference between s and d. Your tuner should have tuned both the sport and drive mode, and yes tap shift in drive will default back to drive after a short time of no tap activity. In sport it will stay in manual tap mode.

Specializing in LS performance and calibrations.
Remote tuning, In-house builds, and Parts. Custom Grind LS and VVT Camshaft packages.
Ryan@gogwatney.com Aaron@gogwatney.com www.Gwatneyperformance.com
Home of THE Fastest Stock Displacement Naturally Aspirated GEN 5! 10.45@133.55
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Your car does not revert back to D after stops. If your shifter is in S and you're using paddles and come to a stop you will still have to shift using paddles however it will autmatically downshift and take off in 2nd for you but you will be on paddles. Tune makes no difference what mode you're in.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
Camero5
Out of Order

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Your car does not revert back to D after stops. If your shifter is in S and you're using paddles and come to a stop you will still have to shift using paddles however it will autmatically downshift and take off in 2nd for you but you will be on paddles. Tune makes no difference what mode you're in.
If your in D mode, and use tap shift, when you slow down is will auto downshift with RPM and when you come to a stop revert back to D. That's a normal function in the camaro when in D. Only in S will it stay in M when your using it.

Unfortunately, Rhino is right, the tuner didn't replicate the tune to S. If I switch to S it doesn't drive like it should.