Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
LeanPocket
 
Drives: 2010 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 628
What times are you guys running on n20?

just curious.. saw a cam bolt on ls3 m6 run a 10.2.. thats movin!

Post your times, and mods please
__________________
LeanPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
LeanPocket
 
Drives: 2010 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 628
C'mon guys :p
__________________
LeanPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
dekan513
chevy pride
 
dekan513's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: pikeville ky
Posts: 2,146
messing around the other day on stock tires ran a 11.5 @ 127 just sprayed the last 1/8 or so . had a 125 jet but i didnt try to heat the bottle or nothing track was about to close. had 500 or so psi. also had it set to progress the shot in from 25% to 100% each gear change over a 1/2 second. these cars love n20 .
it eats that extra weight up . u gain a shit ton of tq.
__________________

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
it eats that extra weight up . u gain a shit ton of tq.
Hell yeah, I'm making over 800ft/tq at like 3000rpm on the spray feels like a rocketship.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
dekan513
chevy pride
 
dekan513's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: pikeville ky
Posts: 2,146
if u sprayin 100 rwhp, ur possibly getting 125-150 rwtq. its awesomeness lol
__________________

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
LeanPocket
 
Drives: 2010 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
messing around the other day on stock tires ran a 11.5 @ 127 just sprayed the last 1/8 or so . had a 125 jet but i didnt try to heat the bottle or nothing track was about to close. had 500 or so psi. also had it set to progress the shot in from 25% to 100% each gear change over a 1/2 second. these cars love n20 .
it eats that extra weight up . u gain a shit ton of tq.
oh yeah! wish it were more mainstream for these cars! still very awesome times. What mods did u have on the car?
__________________
LeanPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
dekan513
chevy pride
 
dekan513's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: pikeville ky
Posts: 2,146
g6x3 cam, obx 1 7/8 lth. 2.5 magnaflow comp catback, rotofab intake, 1le axels , 90mm hsw nitrous plate, nos launcher progressive controller , lnc2000 timing box. if i can ever get around and mount my radials, i should be able to hit 10's consistantly.

ive racex
__________________

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
LeanPocket
 
Drives: 2010 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
g6x3 cam, obx 1 7/8 lth. 2.5 magnaflow comp catback, rotofab intake, 1le axels , 90mm hsw nitrous plate, nos launcher progressive controller , lnc2000 timing box. if i can ever get around and mount my radials, i should be able to hit 10's consistantly.

ive racex
Sounds like what im putting on my car.
Doing 25% UDP, 2" TSP headers, TSP CAI, heads, p&p tb, ported ls3 itnake, custom 3 bolt 23x/23x cam, 150 shot N/O plate, FTI 3800 hard hit stall, drag radials. Im hopin for 10's.. but dam thats some good times on street tires!

any videos?
__________________
LeanPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #9
dekan513
chevy pride
 
dekan513's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: pikeville ky
Posts: 2,146
u will be 10's all day . if i had a clutch im pretty sure i could get low 11's on st. tires lol.

my next steps are rxt clutch , 3.91 gear, port tb, port intake, under drive 25% got some vette rims and some radials alrdy just got to get them mounted and some spacers .
__________________

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
dekan513
chevy pride
 
dekan513's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: pikeville ky
Posts: 2,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanPocket View Post
Sounds like what im putting on my car.
Doing 25% UDP, 2" TSP headers, TSP CAI, heads, p&p tb, ported ls3 itnake, custom 3 bolt 23x/23x cam, 150 shot N/O plate, FTI 3800 hard hit stall, drag radials. Im hopin for 10's.. but dam thats some good times on street tires!

any videos?
we have a old airport that they hold the hillbilly arm drops drags on . we go down there between events and on a roll from 20 or so i can pull 2 vettes that run 10.8s them on motor. but on a track my clutch slips with a full pressure bottle and a stick surface.
__________________

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
u will be 10's all day . if i had a clutch im pretty sure i could get low 11's on st. tires lol.

my next steps are rxt clutch , 3.91 gear, port tb, port intake, under drive 25% got some vette rims and some radials alrdy just got to get them mounted and some spacers .
How long before your clutch started going. I'm at 900whp/810ft/lb on a 100shot. Stock clutch still
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #12
Crusin225
 
Drives: Black on black
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 6
With a Bad clutch on 20s I ran 11.5 at 124 mods 2300 Maggie, cam Lt, and Borla cat back
Crusin225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #13
Trackman

 
Trackman's Avatar
 
Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alberta
Posts: 916
Newbie here...
Do you guys run race fuel when you play with nitrous or just 93 with timing retard?
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #14
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
Newbie here...
Do you guys run race fuel when you play with nitrous or just 93 with timing retard?
I have a dedicated fuel setup that turns the pump on when I arm the nitrous. Timing is still pulled but this way I don't tax the car's fuel system. I'm running VP109 in the 1 gallon cell.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #15
LeanPocket
 
Drives: 2010 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
Newbie here...
Do you guys run race fuel when you play with nitrous or just 93 with timing retard?
on anything under a 200 shot you can safely spray on 93 octane with the right plugs and a spot on tune.

stand alone with race fuel is added insurance or anything above a 200 shot
__________________
LeanPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.