Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
silentdoom
Silentdoom.com

Drives: 11' Synergy SS/RS
Hail damage paint

Last fall, my car was hit with some pretty bad hail. As they explained, when multiple pieces of hail hit one place, you can't just pop the dent. I believe you have to fill the dent, sand, paint and clear coat. I have a Synergy Green Camaro and I knew spot painting(?) wouldn't work, even with blending. I can see a difference in the right side rear quarter panel and I guess it blends somewhere in the door? All above the door is this same "other" color. People with Synergys or any metallic paint know pictures don't do justice. This color difference is not much off, but I bet a lot of you admire your car? I'm glad it's on my passenger's side because I would have gone crazy by now, walking up to it every day. I make a joke, because its not as vibrant, that it's: green with envy

What should I do? Essentially I "paid" for this wrong color, and I told insurance if any paint would be have to be done, the whole thing has to. From Chevy, if you order this paint, it's different on many/all occasions. I've mentioned it to the place and he saw what I was talking about. He said it just doesn't look as shiny and they will polish. I have all Adams stuff, so...
I wanted painted rally stripes anyways. Do you think this is my fault and I should just live with the thousands it will take to fix or am I being obsessive?

Oh, and I LOVE my tail lights!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
Midlife conVert

Drives: Black 2LT Convertible
Have you tried paintless dent removers. I did a stupid backup maneuver with my truck and they got all of them out without filler or paint. No filler or anything... look them up before you use any filler... you will be surprised!!!
Midlife conVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
silentdoom
Silentdoom.com

Problem is, it's already done!!! :(
I wish I would have. *^*%#^*
Old 04-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
Midlife conVert

Google them they are traveling mercenaries I have one in Mobile, AL that lives here and takes care of his mom but they are gypsies and follow Hail storms at car dealers. You could ask them in your local area and see who they use....
Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
Midlife conVert

I feel sorry for you and sorry I did not read fully. These guys I uses are artist! Good luck!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
gutterball

Drives: 2011 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
I received a good size dent while traveling to Fl. It was big and deep, the next day while having my car cleaned, I noticed a sign they had, " Paintless Dent Remover" showed them the dent and they were able to remove it. I was amazed, because it was Big and it was Deep. Also the place were I have my Car serviced said they use them all the time.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
Titan

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Call your insurance and talk them and the body shop. See what they can do for you!
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #8
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Call your insurance and talk them and the body shop. See what they can do for you!
This. Just explain that you are not happy with the paint matching and that its really starting to stick out.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #9
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
time to trade
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:56 AM   #10
silentdoom
Silentdoom.com

I don't think I ever want to get rid of this car though.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:05 AM   #11
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
cool, i used to be real particular about stuff like this, and now i just don't think about it and i enjoy my cars alot more, my trucks bed has been repainted and i can tell, but other people don't notice so i just drive and enjoy.
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #12
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Hail. Ugh. I had an aluminum rear deck on my last car and it hailed one day. I was out there with a huge cardboard box to put over the entire rear of the car before you could say "deductibles are a bitch"