Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

View Poll Results: At what price do you say no to the Z/28
over $52,000 84 35.90%
over $60,500 74 31.62%
over $68,000 43 18.38%
over $76,000 22 9.40%
over $84,000 5 2.14%
over $92,000 6 2.56%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 11,865
At what price do you say no way? Z/28

So i got this bug and wanted to see what some of use think, this will be for the MSRP only price, vote on where you say no they can keep the car
__________________
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro
 
AmericanMuscleCars's Avatar
 
Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,714
Either 76,000 or 84,000 bucks, better lap the mustang for that money!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
Col. Brain
 
Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Otherside of the screen
Posts: 317
Seeing how the C7 Z51 is under 54k, I do not think I could justify the Z/28 at much more than 60k

But this is my personal opinion
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,858
I said over 68K, but I'm more inclined to the 64,995 point. That's my fold point. And that's stretching it for me personally. I'd be pleased as punch and tickled pink if it comes in at 60K or so,.........but who knows.....
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,362
you say no to the z/28 but you say hi C7
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #6
Mkur
 
Drives: LS3 429ci vette, camaro zl1, '77BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
So i got this bug and wanted to see what some of use think, this will be for the MSRP only price, vote on where you say no they can keep the car

I would pay only 5k more than what I did for a ZL1 and that is solely due to the updated visage
Mkur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #7
AutoBot Racing
V8
 
AutoBot Racing's Avatar
 
Drives: ss
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Modesto California
Posts: 70
I'm waiting on the numbers released on the performance of the Z28. If the 2014 Z/28 competes at or near the ZR1 vette than the price will reflect the performance.

Last edited by AutoBot Racing; 05-09-2013 at 02:19 AM.
AutoBot Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:02 AM   #8
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 11,865
It will beat the ZL1 at the track
__________________
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:38 AM   #9
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP
 
coreyaustin17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MYSTIC CT
Posts: 563
mid 60's but i honestly couldnt justify the bare bones of the interior it just doesnt work i think there should be a track version and then a non track version with all the bells and whistles then i would be interested
__________________
coreyaustin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
shaffe

 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 1,312
I voted over 68K bc there was no over 65K option.

If I was in the market and financially well off enough to be able to afford a new car as a toy/tracker/weekend warrior/cruiser, that would be limit. I voted this way because personally, I don't care how fast it is around the track or how many cars it would destroy on the twisties. At that 65K ish price range, I would rather spend my money on a nicely optioned Corvette than a Camaro. That will come of as a dig against the Camaro, but thats not how I meant it. I am just saying for my 65 grand I would rather have a Corvette than a balls out track camaro.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #11
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,417
If it does turn out to be a great track car, the car of choice for racing, etc., then it will be a bargain at over 92K....Out of the box, no mods needed, ready to go and dominate, warrantied and new....You'd be hard pressed to mod your own car for that amount of money and still be successful...

I'm out now at any price, but if it performs to all the hype, and I wanted to track/race, was shopping for a winner, it would be worth whatever they cost...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,858
The car will not be a bargain at 92K or over. That would be inflated. And, if it's anywhere in the ZR1 price range..., then it will be limited in production for sure because you will find very few willing to spend that kind of money on a Camaro. Corvette is another matter, and then you would expect those with the buying means to trade up to the C7. Price does matter here alot, because of the choices available. Model loyalty will have only so much to factor in. This, like the ZL1, will be a upscale toy for most. Probably the same percentage will be raced between the two. I am sure the same value factor that we have seen with the ZL1 will be appreciated with the Z-28, as it will likely outperform those in it's class costing far more. So, in that sense..., it's worth more than it's price, but..it's still a Camaro at the end of the day, and theres addition through subtraction incorporated into it. The big trick pony here are the DSSV dampers. Helical cut rear axle gears is the other, so what's the engineering and development costs for those...otherwise nothing really grounbreaking or new in involved. Carbon ceramic brakes have been used on the 'Vette already...so has the LS7...basically off the shelf program available parts. R&D with a group of dedicated engineers to put all the ingrediants together and make it work seemlessly is the other price factored in. I just don't see this Mouse that roared bringing in a King's ransome. Look at all Chevy went through to bring in a more complicated project like the ZL1 and what it MSRP's for as a comparison. Theres stuff already done through the ZL1 and 1LE development that is carrying over into the Z-28. It's an amalgomation of those two plus a dose of new technology.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #13
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
The car will not be a bargain at 92K or over. That would be inflated. And, if it's anywhere in the ZR1 price range..., then it will be limited in production for sure because you will find very few willing to spend that kind of money on a Camaro. Corvette is another matter, and then you would expect those with the buying means to trade up to the C7. Price does matter here alot, because of the choices available. Model loyalty will have only so much to factor in. This, like the ZL1, will be a upscale toy for most. Probably the same percentage will be raced between the two. I am sure the same value factor that we have seen with the ZL1 will be appreciated with the Z-28, as it will likely outperform those in it's class costing far more. So, in that sense..., it's worth more than it's price, but..it's still a Camaro at the end of the day, and theres addition through subtraction incorporated into it. The big trick pony here are the DSSV dampers. Helical cut rear axle gears is the other, so what's the engineering and development costs for those...otherwise nothing really grounbreaking or new in involved. Carbon ceramic brakes have been used on the 'Vette already...so has the LS7...basically off the shelf program available parts. R&D with a group of dedicated engineers to put all the ingrediants together and make it work seemlessly is the other price factored in. I just don't see this Mouse that roared bringing in a King's ransome. Look at all Chevy went through to bring in a more complicated project like the ZL1 and what it MSRP's for as a comparison. Theres stuff already done through the ZL1 and 1LE development that is carrying over into the Z-28. It's an amalgomation of those two plus a dose of new technology.
I hear ya...all good points...hopefully components will be reasonably priced...But I think what's yet to be determined is how many of these will be built that will absorb the development and other costs in each unit (if that's even how they do it)....

I can see the influence the Corvette may have as far as buyers for now, but as this Z/28 is imo gonna be a short-lived, one shot deal, I really don't think what you can get with a Corvette will be much of a limiting factor for price on this as one may think...The Corvettes are not as much a "purpose-built" or as unique as the Z/28, and Corvette's are an entrenched, on-going line of cars that will always be available for the foreseeable future....

Just sayin' I doubt the Z/28 will be around long enough to worry about how it's price compares to the Corvette...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #14
shaffe

 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 1,312
I think what he meant was not so much directed at the Z/28 purists, but an outside buyer who has the expendable income. They might look at the Z/28 then see they can get a corvette nicely equipped for less. I think that is where he was coming from.

This statement will probably piss of some of the people here, but I think he was trying to find a nice way to say "its still just a camaro and some people will have a hard time spending that much on a camaro but would rather spend it on a Corvette " haha. That's what group I would be in. At a certain price point I would rather get into a Corvette
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
Wizard1183

 
Wizard1183's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lafayette,LA
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
$64,995. $70k out the door.
__________________


Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #16
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think what he meant was not so much directed at the Z/28 purists, but an outside buyer who has the expendable income. They might look at the Z/28 then see they can get a corvette nicely equipped for less. I think that is where he was coming from.

This statement will probably piss of some of the people here, but I think he was trying to find a nice way to say "its still just a camaro and some people will have a hard time spending that much on a camaro but would rather spend it on a Corvette " haha. That's what group I would be in. At a certain price point I would rather get into a Corvette
I think all the previous discussions (and gripes) about why the Z/28 is bare-bones, etc., coming from the Camaro crowd would apply the same to the Corvette crowd with a casual interest in the Z/28....Camaro owners are told they can get "more" of what they may want in a street car by spending less for a ZL-1.....Corvette owners perhaps lose interest in the Z/28 because they could spend the "same" for a luxurious Corvette...

....Same rule applies...If that's how you look at it, the Z/28 is not the car for you....I just think all this "price-point" business, as in figuring out where the Z/28 "needs to fit in" as if it were for some long-haul model run, is pretty much non-applicable in this case...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #17
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,708
I was most definitely out when they said it would be more than a ZL1...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #18
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,313
I voted even though I'm not a buyer. I completely expect it to be every bit of what I voted. If not more after any available options are selected.
__________________
Next order of business>><<Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #19
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 11,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I was most definitely out when they said it would be more than a ZL1...
At this time this is all, only what we think and nice to talk about, till GM sets the price in stone, we dont know, IMO there will be less then 1000 units built, and it will come close to 100K for the car, but then i dont work for GM so i can trow out any number and it sounds good.


Lets see where we are at.
__________________
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #20
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,997
At this point in time, any price. I'm still in school and my Chevelle isn't running yet so my funds are severely limited.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:44 AM   #21
Aldrich Z06
 
Aldrich Z06's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 z06,10 2SS/RS, 04 Duramax,11 335
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chesnee S.C.
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
It will beat the ZL1 at the track
I just read in the new Camaro Performers mag. it is 3 seconds faster than the ZL1 on the track.
__________________
02 Z06
04 Duramax
14 335
69 Camaro
10 2SS/RS Camaro
Aldrich Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #22
Bozz1LE
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 451
im hearing rumors (GM Execs) saying there going to be around the 70K mark, and to be honest if you just base the car of a performance stand point that's a great deal if it can go around a track 3-4 seconds faster than a ZL1 that puts it against the Ferrari 458 and other cars that cost 3-4x more.
__________________
2013 Summit White Camaro 1SS/1LE/RS - Ordered 2/22 - Built 4/4 - Picked up 4/13/2013. 1 of 72
Custom Grind Cam + All Goodies/TSP 1 7/8 Long Tubes and 3" Exhaust/Nitrous Outlet 90MM Plate Kit
Built and Tuned by DaSilva Motorsports in Breslau, Ontario.
Bozz1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #23
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 11,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozz1LE View Post
im hearing rumors (GM Execs) saying there going to be around the 70K mark, and to be honest if you just base the car of a performance stand point that's a great deal if it can go around a track 3-4 seconds faster than a ZL1 that puts it against the Ferrari 458 and other cars that cost 3-4x more.
If we play the rumors game we heard the # was north of $85K and on the way to 100K so any one can play that,
__________________
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #24
shaffe

 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I think all the previous discussions (and gripes) about why the Z/28 is bare-bones, etc., coming from the Camaro crowd would apply the same to the Corvette crowd with a casual interest in the Z/28....Camaro owners are told they can get "more" of what they may want in a street car by spending less for a ZL-1.....Corvette owners perhaps lose interest in the Z/28 because they could spend the "same" for a luxurious Corvette...

....Same rule applies...If that's how you look at it, the Z/28 is not the car for you....I just think all this "price-point" business, as in figuring out where the Z/28 "needs to fit in" as if it were for some long-haul model run, is pretty much non-applicable in this case...
I totally get what your saying, I cant seem to figure out how to word what I was trying to say lol. I was trying to say something along the lines for the people with enough $ to buy this as a toy, like a 3rd or 4th car.. People that might buy it just to buy it, may pass on it for something else at a certain price point, but like you said this isnt the car for them
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #25
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5 & C6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,117
no way it should be more expenive than the ZL1.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.