Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #126
Milkdudd
 
Drives: Saturn XR V6
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Already stated as many as wanted will be built.
Not doubting, but I am curious as to who said this and where/when they said it. Thanks.
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #127
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z51 or a 2014 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
Not doubting, but I am curious as to who said this and where/when they said it. Thanks.
Don't remember in what thread I read the quote, but it was Mark Ruess who said it I believe. I think member LowDown placed it in a thread. When I see it again I'll post it here.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #128
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS/1LE...in 2014
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 4,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Don't remember in what thread I read the quote, but it was Mark Ruess who said it I believe. I think member LowDown placed it in a thread. When I see it again I'll post it here.
Got it for you


Pricing isn't available yet, but it will be the most expensive Camaro offered, Reuss said. Production likely will be somewhat limited, but Reuss said, "We'll make as many as people want."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2QlS6fwPk
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Next Camaro:
CRT 1SS/RS/1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #129
Wizard1183

 
Wizard1183's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lafayette,LA
Posts: 1,204
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
Raw meaning not a good car to ride in every day. They aren't in the same category. If they where that would be pointless.
It won't be that bad of a ride. It's stiff but you won't rattle your brain riding in it. It's perfect for street track whatever. The brakes are what makes it expensive and it's understandable for its sole purpose. Introduce it to the SS without the brakes.
__________________


Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #130
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,195
Z/28 will be $69,000 (rumor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
Raw meaning not a good car to ride in every day. They aren't in the same category. If they where that would be pointless.
My dad and I would probably prefer the stiff ride. I took him in my GT500 yesterday, Put the suspension in normal mode and then sport mode and he said he preferred sport mode. Thought normal was too bouncy, Probably one of the reasons he hates riding in my Camaro... And the GT500 in sport mode isn't even that stiff...

I hope I get to ride in Z/28 to make my own judgement on how stiff the suspension is and how liveable it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
It won't be that bad of a ride. It's stiff but you won't rattle your brain riding in it. It's perfect for street track whatever. The brakes are what makes it expensive and it's understandable for its sole purpose. Introduce it to the SS without the brakes.


People associate stiff with uncomfortable but I find a loose suspension feels more uncomfortable than a stiff planted one..
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #131
S-eatin-grin

 
S-eatin-grin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR LS3 2SS/RS white stripes
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 1,018
I was thinking that a test ride will probably be hard to come by....really doubt many dealers will be ordering unsold Z/28's but if I find one....I'll be trying to get a test drive too
__________________
DSS 1400HP axles, DSS driveshaft.
BMR driveshaft loop, 1" lowering springs, sways, trailing arms, toe rods, links, total suspension pro-version poly bushings.

1 7/8 ARH long tubes, 3" cat back, Dynomax VT axle-back.

Edelbrock E-force SC with 3.25" pulley, JRE e-force fuel rail mod, 850cc Dynamic injectors, LPE twin fuel pump, JRE rough idle blower cam kit, Roto-fab e-force intake, RX catch can.
Jannetty Racing Tuned: 622 rwhp / 582 rwtrq
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #132
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z51 or a 2014 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
My dad and I would probably prefer the stiff ride. I took him in my GT500 yesterday, Put the suspension in normal mode and then sport mode and he said he preferred sport mode. Thought normal was too bouncy, Probably one of the reasons he hates riding in my Camaro... And the GT500 in sport mode isn't even that stiff...

I hope I get to ride in Z/28 to make my own judgement on how stiff the suspension is and how liveable it is...





People associate stiff with uncomfortable but I find a loose suspension feels more uncomfortable than a stiff planted one..
I agree.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #133
RedWingsZL1
 
Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 387
If you buy a Z/28 and you're concerned about ride quality - you're doing it wrong.
__________________
2013 ZL1
RedWingsZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #134
WLNY
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 131
Z/28 is not meant to be a a daily driver. It should be your second or third car. That's why it's stripped and expensive. Chevy is trying to go up market with the Z/28 and ZL1.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #135
Chevrolade
 
Chevrolade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 660
Yup the pres at my local gm dealer said its going to be more than the Zl1
Chevrolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #136
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolade View Post
Yup the pres at my local gm dealer said its going to be more than the Zl1
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366252626.705802.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  197.4 KB

The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #137
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner
 
14pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,336
Just for fun, a look at a similiar car, same LS7 engine, similiar customer base and demand.

C6 Z06 Corvette Production Numbers:

2013 - 471 (Last year for the LS7 in a Vette)
2012 - 478
2011 - 904
2010 - 518
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #138
2010_5thgen


 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,272
if its on the high side of 60, im buying a used GTR......
__________________

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #139
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
LOWDOWN's Avatar
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 3,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Just for fun, a look at a similiar car, same LS7 engine, similiar customer base and demand.

C6 Z06 Corvette Production Numbers:

2013 - 471 (Last year for the LS7 in a Vette)
2012 - 478
2011 - 904
2010 - 518
The LS7-engined Z/28 will be offered for TWO Model Years only. And what were they for the Z06, the first two years, before the ZR1 arrived?

MY 2006 = 6272

MY 2007 = 8159

I'm fairly certain, as fantastic as the "new HUGGER" will be, it won't match those numbers...

Also, I'd be surprized if many Vette folks trade "down" to a Camaro...
__________________
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #140
joeybsyc

 
joeybsyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
The LS7-engined Z/28 will be offered for TWO Model Years only. And what were they for the Z06, the first two years, before the ZR1 arrived?

MY 2006 = 6272

MY 2007 = 8159

...
Exactly. The ZR1 killed the Z06 vette, and that's the only reason production was so in low those later years. When the Z06 was king of the heap (as it will be in the Camaro) it sold by the thousands. The Z06 Vette was much more civilized and not built to be nearly as "track-ready" as the Z/28, so that will limit the production numbers on the Camaro, but I'll bet they STILL sell several thousand of them before the 6th gen gets here.
__________________
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #141
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
LOWDOWN's Avatar
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 3,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
I'll bet they STILL sell several thousand of them before the 6th gen gets here.
As they say on TV, "IF The Price is RIGHT!"...and/or they can source enough parts to meet demand.
__________________
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #142
Boris632
 
Drives: 1955 210
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rockford
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
if its on the high side of 60, im buying a used GTR......
there are a lot of great options at this price point and those cars will probably make better track cars than the Z/28

Which is why I think GM has a very small window to fit this car in.

If they can make it 55k or less - they will sell a lot of them
Boris632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #143
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris632 View Post
there are a lot of great options at this price point and those cars will probably make better track cars than the Z/28


If you really believe that you are going to be VERY VERY surprised when the Z/28 starts posting lap times.

Last edited by ShnOmac; 04-19-2013 at 11:56 PM.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #144
Boris632
 
Drives: 1955 210
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rockford
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post


If you really believe that you are going to be VERY VERY surprised when the Z/28 starts posting lap times.
i will be surprised if it posts a lap time quicker than the ZR1 or Z06 - i don't see it though and both of those cars can be had in that price range used

ZL1 went 7.41 at the ring. The Z06 was almost 20 seconds faster.

Im not buying the Z/28 is that much faster than the ZL1. (20 seconds around the ring)

2008 911 Turbo 7.38
2009 GTR 7.26

4 cars that went faster than a ZL1 around the ring that can be had for 60k+ Z/28 money.

While the list is impressive for what the Z/28 is going after -i might be swayed to buy a used 911 Turbo over a new Z/28.

I can't wait to see times either but this is real world competition from a sales standpoint
Boris632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #145
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris632 View Post
there are a lot of great options at this price point and those cars will probably make better track cars than the Z/28

Which is why I think GM has a very small window to fit this car in.

If they can make it 55k or less - they will sell a lot of them
I don't think it's so much that they will make better track cars so much as many of them will be legal for actual competition racing. That and that along is why GM has a small window to fit with this car. The Z/28 will more than likely not be sanctioned... Unless GM really wanted to try and go out if their way and get it sanctioned...
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #146
Wizard1183

 
Wizard1183's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lafayette,LA
Posts: 1,204
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
I don't think it's so much that they will make better track cars so much as many of them will be legal for actual competition racing. That and that along is why GM has a small window to fit with this car. The Z/28 will more than likely not be sanctioned... Unless GM really wanted to try and go out if their way and get it sanctioned...
I believe they'll make a 6th gen Z/28. Will it be like this one? No. It'll be a lighter weight higher HP than SS though. My guess 450 HP. LT1?
__________________


Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #147
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
LOWDOWN's Avatar
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 3,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris632 View Post
i will be surprised if it posts a lap time quicker than the ZR1 or Z06 - i don't see it though and both of those cars can be had in that price range used
Gosh, Boris, if you go to an Insurance Auction, you could get one for next to nothing!

Boris, pulling the Pre-Owned card is really pretty...well...YOU fill in the blank...

How about a CTS-V Wagon with track experience for only a $DOZEN?
Attached Images
   
__________________
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #148
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
LOWDOWN's Avatar
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 3,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris632 View Post
.
If they can make it 55k or less - they will sell a lot of them
...and MAYBE that's the problem...maybe they can't assemble an unlimited number...so they increased the content (and therefore price) to lower demand to a build-able number...

[light bulb moment]
__________________
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #149
Boris632
 
Drives: 1955 210
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rockford
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
...and MAYBE that's the problem...maybe they can't assemble an unlimited number...so they increased the content (and therefore price) to lower demand to a build-able number...

[light bulb moment]

if it hits their margin number why not?

Just a few years ago they were in bankruptcy - you would think selling units is in their best interest
Boris632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #150
Boris632
 
Drives: 1955 210
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rockford
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Gosh, Boris, if you go to an Insurance Auction, you could get one for next to nothing!

Boris, pulling the Pre-Owned card is really pretty...well...YOU fill in the blank...

How about a CTS-V Wagon with track experience for only a $DOZEN?


so someone in the market for a late model car with excellent track manners cannot look at used cars?

You are smarter than this
Boris632 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.