Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Yellow Camaro

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Mystery solved....The Case of the Missing Adam's product

So I recently had the fortune of trying Adam's new Microfiber Revitalizer. FINALLY! A great way to remove the wax, polishes, brake dust, and abrasive cleaners from my pile of microfibers that regular Tide has been leaving behind. Commercial washing machine soaps just aren't designed for the punishing demands of the modern detailer. I tried it when the bottle arrived, and was pleased with the results.

Fast forward to last week. During a routine trip to the garage to grab my Waterless Wash, I notice that my Microfiber Revitalizer is noticeably lower. Like at the halfway point. I confront my girlfriend, thinking maybe she decided to try it (which would be unusual) or maybe spilled it over on her way to the laundry room. She knows nothing about it....I'm confused, but pleased to at least have half a bottle.

This brings us to Wednesday. I head to my detailing supplies to grab some glass cleaner and sealant. WTF?!? My Microfiber Revitalizer is around the 1/3 mark. No way! That b%#!$ has been revitalizing something other than MY microfibers. The dish towels? The hand towels? I confront her again. She swears up and down she wouldn't touch it without asking and didn't even know what it was. "fine" I think...still suspecting she spilled it once, but that maybe it had been that low after the first time and I was just losing it.

Today, I migrate to the garage to once again Waterless Wash before heading into work. My $&@%ing Microfiber Revitalizer is empty! Empty! Bone dry. I fly off the handle. If she WAS using it, would she take it all? Is this a horrible April Fools JOKE? I am not laughing.

Well, a closer look at my shelving revealed an interesting mess. Apparently, there was a hairline crack in the bottom of the bottle and my precious Microfiber Revitalizer had been slowly runneth out of the bottle. Curiously, it dried into a 3D crystal formation similar to a middle school science project.

Below are pics of the mess, the crystals, and the damaged bottle. I can't imagine how this happened, but at least I could have a good laugh.
Attached Images

Yellow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Yellow Camaro

Shelf
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
Yellow Camaro

Crystals
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
That sucks. Did you drop it or something? Would've been leaking in the box if it was that way before.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Haha... That's a pretty funny story. I bought some of this hoping to get the dirt /stains out of some of my white single softs that wouldn't come clean with Tide, I put some directly on the stains, agitated the stains, and even tried soaking them, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get the stains out. Oh well... they're still soft, and I'm gonna use continue to use them, I just wish I could have made them nice and white again.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
Yellow Camaro

I soaked them. The towels still were stained but they felt softer than detergent, and by the look of the water afterwards it was doing it's job.

I have no idea how or when the crack developed. It was a slow enough leak that I wouldn't doubt it arrived that way. It's certainly conceivable that I put it down too hard or it fell off the shelf too. Just glad I'm not crazy....
Old 04-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #7
trm2

Drives: '13 Volt & '84 Vette
Call Adam's - I'll bet they waranty it for you and send out a new one. That looks like the older style bottle which they switched out of for this product.
trm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I had the same thing happen to me! It was in the basement and I went to use it and it was empty, I noticed the shelf was discolored. So I emailed them up and it had been 9 months ago, they shipped me a new bottle!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #9
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
IMO this is the only flaw with their products. They really need to switch to new bottles for all of their products.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 2014SilveradoCCZ71
I had the exact same thing happen to me,I didn't drop the bottle or anything and it seemed fine when I got it out of the box,but it slowly disappeared and left the same mess on my shelf,I couldn't see any visible cracks in the bottom of the bottle either.I had been thinking about calling Adams and let them know about it,but never took the time oh well.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Mine somehow developed a pinhole. Never noticed until I went to go use it. I believe I bought it on 5-18-2012.

I emailed them up, told them what happened and they sent me a new bottle. I couldn't see the pin hole, I had to blow in the bottle and hold my hand at the bottom to feel it. The rest of my bottles and products are still ok. Still got a lot of detail spray.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #12
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
That really sucks. But like stated above just give adams a call. Im pretty sure they will warranty it without an issue
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #13
jordan 572

Drives: none
They had issues with the microfiber fluid eating the bottom of the bottles, they just came out with a new design to counter it. Just chat with ashley and they will for sure send you another one.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote