Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
key4

Drives: 2011 camaro 1ss
Advice on buying hp tuners

I'm looking into buying hp tuners and have a few questions before I make the purchase. I new to the whole tuning game but think I can start small and work my way up. Plus I like the idea of me being able to data log and get help from the professionals. Another reason I have a 99 camaro and plan on doing a 5.3 s10 swap. Gets expensive carrying 3 cars to a tuner. I don't have faith in tuners around here.

My question is which one do I buy the standard or pro? Also will just any laptop work with the software? All I have is a hp laptop with windows 7.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I use a netbook for logging & tuning, review the logs on my desktop. I use XP but I'm pretty sure they support Win7 now. Someone will chime in.

You need the Pro version so you can bring an external WB 02 (purchased separately) into the logs for tuning. A few cars come with factory WB O2's but ours don't

The Innovate LC-1 WB is one option, I use an Autometer (Bosch sensor) gauge with the analog output going into HPT Pro. You will need to weld an O2 bung on the driver's side pre cat for the 02 sensor.
There is a learning curve, but if you get a mentor it helps a lot. Been tuning for 5 years now.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
HP Tuner forum wil be your best friend windows 7 is supported 32bit not sure about 64bit though. Contact bill from HPT he'll tell you everything you will need to get started and go over the demos time and time again there is a learning curve for sure
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, JRE 4.11 Gears, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, DSS 1000HP alxes, DSS aluminum DS, ZL1 fuel pump, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA 577RWHP
MA2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
Alvin@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 IOM RSS
We are re-sellers for HPtuners and can package a email/mail order tune along with it. Please let us know if we can help you!

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227
Alvin@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
Tampa Tuning
Like us on Facebook!

Drives: C5 Corvette/ 2010 Camaro
Get the pro version with the EIO inputs.

You'll need to purchase a wideband if you really want to calibrate it correctly.

With HP Tuners, you can set up your scanner to tell you how much your fueling percentage is off compared to your commanded amount.

You should also invest in some calibration learning programs.

I like "the tuning school" 's step by step program. Ill be up there assisting with their May advanced calibration course. I also like the Greg Banish DVDs which are very informative and provide the best injector data.

Phil
www.TampaTuning.com

Read these testimonials :
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...20#post7838320
Follow us on INSTAGRAM #TAMPATUNING
www.TampaTuning.com
Camaro Corvette CTS GTO Tuner Tampa Orlando Bradenton
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
key4

Drives: 2011 camaro 1ss
Thanks guys, my plans are to get help with my 5th gen cause I think it really needs a good trans tune for sure. I'm wanting to data log the 5th gen and let a pro look at it and make some changes for me. I have a 99 camaro that I'm going to play around with