Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
FYI - Shipping Delays 4/15-4/18

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about some shipping delays that have happened as a result of inclement weather at the Adam's HQ in Colorado. We have been hit hard with a snow storm that closed schools and airports beginning Tuesday, even our clinic for this weekend has been rescheduled. As a result our most recent shipment of Flex polishers and part of the raw materials for Waterless Wash have been delayed for delivery 2 days in a row with snow stopping the trucking company from making it to our docks.

Now that the storm has passed we expect to see delivery of both tomorrow (Friday 4/19/13) at which time we will fill all outstanding orders.

We apologize for any inconvenience and if there is anything else we can do for you please let us know.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
This is why Dylan shouldn't of moved to Colorado, Adam's should have moved to California!

Stay safe over there!

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Dang I don't think I could live in a place that has a snow strom in mid April. That would drive me nuts. Hope all is alright over there now
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
This is why Dylan shouldn't of moved to Colorado, Adam's should have moved to California!

Stay safe over there!
Adam's started in Commieforrnia dude!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
Adam's started in Commieforrnia dude!
Well then why the hell of all places did you guys go to Colorado?!

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

California is a ridiculous place to try and do business... the taxes are in-sane! Thats why I moved (and to work from the main office) Cost of living, cost to do business, etc are all on the rise... quality of life is on the decline.

It also suits us well for a few reasons, like being more centrally located to ship products east. About 70% of our customers reside EAST of the mississippi so by moving to CO we cut 2 days off the shipping times to them, and only added 1 day going to CA.

Also, lots of car care companies are in 'nice' climates... our weather gives us the chance to REALLY test our product real world. We get down in the teens during the winter with snow and ice, and up in the 100's during the summer... with very intense sun. Great for testing durability, or making sure products operate in a variety of environments. Afterall our customers live everywhere... testing in mild temps and weather all the time doesn't really put a product thru its paces like we can here.

Plus, its awesome here! If you've never been to Colorado you should visit... no place like it on earth.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Dang I don't think I could live in a place that has a snow strom in mid April. That would drive me nuts. Hope all is alright over there now
Crazy part is that it was in the 70's a week before... we had this storm come out of nowhere, and today its probably high 50's and sunny out. It'll be in the mid 70's a week from tomorrow.

As I say - if you don't like the weather in Colorado... wait 5 minutes.

April is one of the snowier months here believe it or not... but it never sticks around long and by next month we'll be in consistent 70's and 80's right thru October.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #8
jokerkojack

Drives: 2012
Not only can he sell me 50 different kinds of car care products...now I want to move to Colorado.. This guy is good...
jokerkojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
Adam's Polishes

Think of all the money you'll save on shipping products!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #10
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS/RS
Pack it up and move to Florida
Forgestar F14s, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti, DBA Series Gold Hat XS Drilled and Slotted Rotors , Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, Magna Flow cat back exhaust, CAI Cold Air, Painted Heritage Grill, Ducted Street scene lower grill, Technostalgia LED Tail Lights, Lite-Right LED All in One Harness and 5k DRLs, Diode Dynamics cup holder and foot well lights, Oracle mail slot scanner, Wheel well lights, Emblem Pros lighted under hood bowtie, Billet interior and engine bay upgrades, Ghost Armor, Lloyd's interior and trunk carpet
LnLSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Crazy part is that it was in the 70's a week before... we had this storm come out of nowhere, and today its probably high 50's and sunny out. It'll be in the mid 70's a week from tomorrow.

As I say - if you don't like the weather in Colorado... wait 5 minutes.

April is one of the snowier months here believe it or not... but it never sticks around long and by next month we'll be in consistent 70's and 80's right thru October.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerkojack View Post
Not only can he sell me 50 different kinds of car care products...now I want to move to Colorado.. This guy is good...

But honestly Dylan it would drive me nuts to have snowing conditions 7 months out of the year. I have no idea where I'm going to end up after I'm done with college (currently am 19 so I still have a while to go) but I just hope it's not snowy. Although on a second thought maybe I could save some money since I wouldn't be using my Adams products all year when the Camaro is in storage
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #12
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
California is a ridiculous place to try and do business... the taxes are in-sane! Thats why I moved (and to work from the main office) Cost of living, cost to do business, etc are all on the rise... quality of life is on the decline.

It also suits us well for a few reasons, like being more centrally located to ship products east. About 70% of our customers reside EAST of the mississippi so by moving to CO we cut 2 days off the shipping times to them, and only added 1 day going to CA.

Also, lots of car care companies are in 'nice' climates... our weather gives us the chance to REALLY test our product real world. We get down in the teens during the winter with snow and ice, and up in the 100's during the summer... with very intense sun. Great for testing durability, or making sure products operate in a variety of environments. Afterall our customers live everywhere... testing in mild temps and weather all the time doesn't really put a product thru its paces like we can here.

Plus, its awesome here! If you've never been to Colorado you should visit... no place like it on earth.
Seems pretty legit. But I've been to Colorado and you guys can keep your icicles coming off the cars and salt and what not. I'll stay nice and toasty here in Florida

And soon to be South Florida for me!!

Although, Breckenridge is my favorite mountain...

Old 04-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #13
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
one reason i love adams is it takes 2 days to get stuff. everywhere else is a week minimum or longer if i dont order it by a certain time.
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #14
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS
Sounds a lot like our weather this year. Camaros are still tucked away, but hopefully this weekend.

Dylan, a group of us Wisconsin C5'ers are getting together on the 27th. I'll have WW and DS on hand to represent and just in case the weather doesn't cooperate a few extra MFtowels to share.

If we get some good shots in front of our Art museum, I'll share
Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #15
Adam's Polishes

Cool! Have fun... we're hosting the Camaro Club of the Rockies at our HQ that day so it should be a good day all around for Camaro pictures
Old 04-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #16
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Any reps in Florida? Thought there was one very close to me.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote