Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
niterat
 
niterat's Avatar
 
Drives: ZLI IOM Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 151
Xpel vs Suntek?

Went to my local installer to see about Xpel ultimate. He is steering me toward Suntek. Says it is more scratch resistant and even though the Xpel is self healing it doesn't completely heal. Does anyone have experience with Suntek and would you agree with him?
niterat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
Jeffm
ICANHAZ
 
Jeffm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Skiatook, Ok
Posts: 969
lol your dealer is an idiot your better off using over the counter products than that stuff
Jeffm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
joeybsyc

 
joeybsyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
lol your dealer is an idiot your better off using over the counter products than that stuff
What the heck are you even talking about?? Over the counter products? He's not talking about a dealer, he's talking about a clear bra installer... and I don't think you can get a clear bra "over the counter."
I'm quite certain he wouldn't be "better off" with it if such a product did exist.

As for the OP, I have Xpel Ultimate, and have no issues with it. With that said, I know nothing about the Suntec stuff, which may also be very good.
__________________
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
JimE


 
JimE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
What the heck are you even talking about?? Over the counter products? He's not talking about a dealer, he's talking about a clear bra installer... and I don't think you can get a clear bra "over the counter."
I'm quite certain he wouldn't be "better off" with it if such a product did exist.

As for the OP, I have Xpel Ultimate, and have no issues with it. With that said, I know nothing about the Suntec stuff, which may also be very good.
Not to get off topic, but what areas did you get covered? Was the installer able to get all of the air bubbles out? And you basic thoughts and/or complaints?
__________________
Perm-a-grin in place.....
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
joeybsyc

 
joeybsyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Not to get off topic, but what areas did you get covered? Was the installer able to get all of the air bubbles out? And you basic thoughts and/or complaints?

I only had the front bumper (upper and lower) done, and the mirrors. If I didn't tell you it was on there you'd be hard pressed to ever see it...even then you'd have a hard time seeing it. No air bubbles, and as glossy as the paint. It actually has LESS orange peel than the factory clearcoat. (Something that 3M can't say) and is crystal clear. I should get the hood done too come to think of it.
__________________
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
niterat
 
niterat's Avatar
 
Drives: ZLI IOM Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
lol your dealer is an idiot your better off using over the counter products than that stuff
Thanks, this is the feedback I asked for. Why is it so bad?
niterat is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.