Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #35
trademaster
 
Drives: 06 Maserati gran sport, 12 z06
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit/NYC
Posts: 691
Sounds very nice. Best color too!
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #36
nescafe4all
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 8
what size is that headers ?
nescafe4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #37
AMCBimmer
 
Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aldie, VA
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by nescafe4all View Post
what size is that headers ?
Kooks 1&7/8
__________________
AMCBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #38
AMCBimmer
 
Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aldie, VA
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Sounds very nice. Best color too!
Thank you! I tend to agree
__________________
AMCBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #39
nescafe4all
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 8
is it easy to hook up with the stock catback ?

are u using the stock H pipe ??
nescafe4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #40
ZO6 Bryan

 
ZO6 Bryan's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCBimmer View Post
How do I get rid of these codes? Does it need to be tuned?
Yep.
__________________
Bryan 695 SAE RWHP 2012 ZL1 9.55 pulley custom cam and Kooks headers, 2002 Z06 447 RWHP, 2006 Trailblazer SS, 1995 S/C Vortech Trans Am 570 RWHP(for sale)
ZO6 Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #41
AMCBimmer
 
Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aldie, VA
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by nescafe4all View Post
is it easy to hook up with the stock catback ?

are u using the stock H pipe ??
9 hours and it is all to the factory H pipe and stock exhaust
__________________
AMCBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #42
AMCBimmer
 
Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aldie, VA
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
Yep.
If you buy a programmer can you revert back to stock so the manufacturer can't see the tune. Will the car pass emissions with a tune?
__________________
AMCBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #43
gmen09
 
gmen09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ls3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Flemington NJ
Posts: 586
Sounds Great!!! awesome car!!
__________________
gmen09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #44
ZO6 Bryan

 
ZO6 Bryan's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCBimmer View Post
If you buy a programmer can you revert back to stock so the manufacturer can't see the tune. Will the car pass emissions with a tune?
In my state it won't pass emmisions WITHOUT a tune. If codes are stored in the ECM it won't pass.
__________________
Bryan 695 SAE RWHP 2012 ZL1 9.55 pulley custom cam and Kooks headers, 2002 Z06 447 RWHP, 2006 Trailblazer SS, 1995 S/C Vortech Trans Am 570 RWHP(for sale)
ZO6 Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #45
AMCBimmer
 
Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aldie, VA
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
In my state it won't pass emmisions WITHOUT a tune. If codes are stored in the ECM it won't pass.
Who did you go with for your tune? Is it possible to have a tuning that you can switch back to factory when taking it to the dealer so they cannot see it?
__________________
AMCBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #46
ZO6 Bryan

 
ZO6 Bryan's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCBimmer View Post
Who did you go with for your tune? Is it possible to have a tuning that you can switch back to factory when taking it to the dealer so they cannot see it?
I tune my own car. And it can be switched back easily to the stock tune. But they say the new cars will record how many times the the ECM has been flashed. So they may still know that it was tuned. But from what I understand they aren't going to even check that unless you have a major engine failure.
__________________
Bryan 695 SAE RWHP 2012 ZL1 9.55 pulley custom cam and Kooks headers, 2002 Z06 447 RWHP, 2006 Trailblazer SS, 1995 S/C Vortech Trans Am 570 RWHP(for sale)
ZO6 Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #47
AMCBimmer
 
Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aldie, VA
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
I tune my own car. And it can be switched back easily to the stock tune. But they say the new cars will record how many times the the ECM has been flashed. So they may still know that it was tuned. But from what I understand they aren't going to even check that unless you have a major engine failure.
Bryan,

I work for another manufacturer. I know about how warranties can be voided. I have 2 concerns passing emissions and keeping warranty other than that I don't care. Does the ECM store mileage or is it the instrument cluster? If I could buy another ECM this wouldn't matter? Is there a max to flashing an ECM?
__________________
AMCBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #48
ZO6 Bryan

 
ZO6 Bryan's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCBimmer View Post
Bryan,

I work for another manufacturer. I know about how warranties can be voided. I have 2 concerns passing emissions and keeping warranty other than that I don't care. Does the ECM store mileage or is it the instrument cluster? If I could buy another ECM this wouldn't matter? Is there a max to flashing an ECM?

The codes won't affect how the car runs. If you don't mind the light on the dash, just reset the codes a couple days before emmission testing and it should pass, as long as you go before they come back. But if the light is always on you won't know if you have a real problem.
Otherwise you'll have to tune it to keep them from coming back. And "No" , there is no max to the number of times you can flash the ECM.
__________________
Bryan 695 SAE RWHP 2012 ZL1 9.55 pulley custom cam and Kooks headers, 2002 Z06 447 RWHP, 2006 Trailblazer SS, 1995 S/C Vortech Trans Am 570 RWHP(for sale)
ZO6 Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #49
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,700
I appreciate this thread a ton, about to go right down this way myself, good info between you guys
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #50
AMCBimmer
 
Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aldie, VA
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
The codes won't affect how the car runs. If you don't mind the light on the dash, just reset the codes a couple days before emmission testing and it should pass, as long as you go before they come back. But if the light is always on you won't know if you have a real problem.
Otherwise you'll have to tune it to keep them from coming back. And "No" , there is no max to the number of times you can flash the ECM.
Bryan thank you for all your information. What are the good tunes out there? I don't know how to tune a car. The faults come immediately back after 2 drive cycles. I need to make sure the emssions monitors are ready or I will not be able to renew my plates. If the tune is going to just ignore those codes. What about spacers on the rear o2 sensors? What causes the faults for only the rear o2 sensors? I have a call into Kooks as I went this route to avoid a cel and they guarantee that. Does a tune download through the obd 2 port or do you physically have to remove the ECM out and send it somewhere?
__________________
AMCBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #51
AMCBimmer
 
Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aldie, VA
Posts: 244
New Videos of take off. Sorry crappy iPhone. Next time I will use my HD Camera

__________________
AMCBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.