Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 05-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #51
AMCBimmer

Drives: 2002 BMW M5
New Videos of take off. Sorry crappy iPhone. Next time I will use my HD Camera

Old 05-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #52
AMCBimmer

And another fly by

Old 05-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #53
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Sounds great, really curious to hear what you end up with in terms of your tune and how everything works out. Any suggestions for someone wanting to go right down the road your'e on in terms of headers, cats, and intake on a ZL1
Old 05-07-2013, 01:13 AM   #54
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Car sounds GREAT
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #55
AMCBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Sounds great, really curious to hear what you end up with in terms of your tune and how everything works out. Any suggestions for someone wanting to go right down the road your'e on in terms of headers, cats, and intake on a ZL1
I've been on the phone with Chevy Techs, Chevy Service Manager, Kooks, Torq, and some others. I am drawing blanks. The answer I am getting if I want the check engine light off I will have to either go back to stock or tune. I do not want to tune because I don't want to loose warranty. If I didn't have emissions in my county I would not do anything and would leave the check engine light on. One of the employees of Torq told me that the SCT Tune would fix me passing Emissions(making the readiness codes in the "ready" status). I've been told by 2 different companies it is totally safe not to do anything but I would have the check engine light on and I would not get all the gains of the mods. Again I did this setup primarily for sound and if I get horsepower great. Now with the SCT tuner you can flash it back to stock but the ECM has a counter that tells whoever reading it that something has been flashed and how many times. Also the SCT tuner goes through the OBD port and the ECM does not come out. If you have any questions that I can answer please let me know. I am waiting for people at Chevy to contact me back. Thank you for following.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #56
Catfish
Catfish

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #361
Can't help you with the warranty issue. From what I understand, I all depends on the warranty claim and the service dept manager. Could be covered, could not.

However, I have a similar set-up, Kooks LT headers, high flow cats (not green), CORSA 3" cat-back exhaust, and Rotofab CAI. I was sitting at 525 RWHP on first dyno run after installations. Engine light came on on 4th drive. Took it to PCM of NC for a tune. Drove out with no engine light and an extra 32 HP. Ended up at 557 RWHP & 538 ftlbs torque. Plus, they lowered the RPM that the power comes in, took out the skip shift, and raised my rev limiter fromm 6200 to 6700 RPM. Really runs , drives, and SOUNDS GREAT!!!
Performance Mods to Date:
Rotofab cold air intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers w/ Calico KoolBlack ceramic coating, Kooks high flow cats, Corsa 3" X-pipe cat-back exhaust, 160 degree thermostat, 2.50" Supercharger Pulley, PCM Catch Can, Rotofab Supercharger Reservoir, 1000cc Injectors, MSD Boost-a-Pump,Tuned by PCM of NC
604 RWHP & 622 RWT !!

Also, 2001 Silverado Z71, Pewter w/ Extended Cab
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #57
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCBimmer View Post
I've been on the phone with Chevy Techs, Chevy Service Manager, Kooks, Torq, and some others. I am drawing blanks. The answer I am getting if I want the check engine light off I will have to either go back to stock or tune. I do not want to tune because I don't want to loose warranty. If I didn't have emissions in my county I would not do anything and would leave the check engine light on. One of the employees of Torq told me that the SCT Tune would fix me passing Emissions(making the readiness codes in the "ready" status). I've been told by 2 different companies it is totally safe not to do anything but I would have the check engine light on and I would not get all the gains of the mods. Again I did this setup primarily for sound and if I get horsepower great. Now with the SCT tuner you can flash it back to stock but the ECM has a counter that tells whoever reading it that something has been flashed and how many times. Also the SCT tuner goes through the OBD port and the ECM does not come out. If you have any questions that I can answer please let me know. I am waiting for people at Chevy to contact me back. Thank you for following.
That really sucks. I would consider at least returning the green cats. If they do not work on this car without a tune then why spend the extra $$$. From what I read they cost a bunch more than the standard high flows.... right?

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #58
AMCBimmer

Now I can't get Kook's to call me back. I guess they have 0 interest in helping me fix this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
That really sucks. I would consider at least returning the green cats. If they do not work on this car without a tune then why spend the extra $$$. From what I read they cost a bunch more than the standard high flows.... right?