Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 05-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #201
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
I wasn't suggesting it as a cure. If it modifies the behavior maybe it may offer another clue.
I know. Just having a bit of fun, and you might be right about it leading to something else.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #202
Southern Comfort
No Tags Habitual Offender

Drives: 2013 SIM 1LE & 2010 ABM/LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I know. Just having a bit of fun, and you might be right about it leading to something else.
It's all good. Any news on yours yet?

2010 2SS Vortech (sold).... 2010 2LT ABM (sweet).... 2013 1LE 2SS (sold)... 2013 1LE possibly 44 of 44
Check out the Atlanta area A.C.E.5 events page
If anyone knows of a set of Pfadt Trailing Arms 1410118 available feel free to contact me. (any finish)
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:17 AM   #203
gajagfan

Quote:
It's all good. Any news on yours yet?
It is at the dealer, splitter installed and detailed for delivery tonight. I went after work to see it, but they had it out filling it up. I then went back after my wife and I took care of some business and they had it locked up inside. We will see it, and drive it (never have driven a 1LE before) tonight when we pick it up. I did not sleep much last night! Are they holding CHP at Commerce?

Last edited by gajagfan; 05-31-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:11 AM   #204
Southern Comfort
No Tags Habitual Offender

Drives: 2013 SIM 1LE & 2010 ABM/LT/RS
Just in time for the weekend and CHP in ATL.

2010 2SS Vortech (sold).... 2010 2LT ABM (sweet).... 2013 1LE 2SS (sold)... 2013 1LE possibly 44 of 44
Check out the Atlanta area A.C.E.5 events page
If anyone knows of a set of Pfadt Trailing Arms 1410118 available feel free to contact me. (any finish)
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #205
gajagfan

Quote:
Just in time for the weekend and CHP in ATL.
That would be fun, but it is too far from Brunswick. I am thinking I am going to get the synth oil out tomorrow, start the 500 mile break-in period, and put a coat of wax on the car. That along with the usual lawn work!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #206
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
That would be fun, but it is too far from Brunswick. I am thinking I am going to get the synth oil out tomorrow, start the 500 mile break-in period, and put a coat of wax on the car. That along with the usual lawn work!
The worst thing you can do to a new car is change the oil.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #207
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
I wouldn't be afraid to change just the filter at that mileage and top it off.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #208
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I was just thinking,we 2013 1SS guys have been waiting for awhile to get the issues worked out with the wiring,so we could hook up the 4 pack gauges.Ofer from Gen5diy resolved that issue,and i now have my working gauges.Since apparently he is one smart dude,maybe he is the guy who can resolve this issue?
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #209
bandit4008

Drives: 2012 SS
So i spent a couple of hours at the dealership this weekend with the service tech. The results are less than i hoped for. First off, i confirmed that the HSA comes on in reverse when facing dowhill. It just needs a steeper hill than facing uphill. Because of this and the fact that the 3-axis accelerometer is used for the stabilitak system as well, the dealership would only recalibrate to a true zero because of liability concerns, which is understandable.
One thing i did learn about the system is that works differently than others have reported. It dosn't hold the brake pressure that you stopped the car with, instead it looks at the incline of the hill and calculates the brake pressure needed to hold the car and uses that. Based on that, if the zero calibration is off, it would be using the wrong pressure.
After re-zeroing the sensor, it might be a little better but far from satisfactory. Taking off on my test incline repeatedly, ignoring the 2 sec delay and using just enough power to overcome the brakes caused my clutch to start burning after the fourth time.
The service tech. has been in contact several times with the factory and is on our side, but he said they have no interest in changing anything at this time.
My suggestion is for everyone to go to their respective dealerships and complain to the service department. For me, i'll continue to use the parking brake to the first click until i can play the the sensor angle. Hopefully, i can find a setting that keeps HSA from coming on for most of the hills i drive while still allowing me to backup on level ground.
bandit4008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #210
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red 1979 Z28, VR 2013 1SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit4008 View Post
So i spent a couple of hours at the dealership this weekend with the service tech. The results are less than i hoped for. First off, i confirmed that the HSA comes on in reverse when facing dowhill. It just needs a steeper hill than facing uphill. Because of this and the fact that the 3-axis accelerometer is used for the stabilitak system as well, the dealership would only recalibrate to a true zero because of liability concerns, which is understandable.
One thing i did learn about the system is that works differently than others have reported. It dosn't hold the brake pressure that you stopped the car with, instead it looks at the incline of the hill and calculates the brake pressure needed to hold the car and uses that. Based on that, if the zero calibration is off, it would be using the wrong pressure.
After re-zeroing the sensor, it might be a little better but far from satisfactory. Taking off on my test incline repeatedly, ignoring the 2 sec delay and using just enough power to overcome the brakes caused my clutch to start burning after the fourth time.
The service tech. has been in contact several times with the factory and is on our side, but he said they have no interest in changing anything at this time.
My suggestion is for everyone to go to their respective dealerships and complain to the service department. For me, i'll continue to use the parking brake to the first click until i can play the the sensor angle. Hopefully, i can find a setting that keeps HSA from coming on for most of the hills i drive while still allowing me to backup on level ground.
Thanks for the info. I see now that the calibration may vary between cars, so those who claim to have no problems may be be benefitting from an "off" factory calibration. I know that mine has caused me to burn a bit of clutch unexpectedly a couple of times, and it's embarrassing since I learned to drive in a standard back in about '73/'74 and have been driving them since.

Tara

Proud 1LE Owner!

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #211
WHAMMO

Drives: LS2 Fbody
For now I've been putting it in 2nd gear and after quickly 1st and a quick release of the clutch..works good for now! But this Hill assist is really the worst thing I've ever experienced in a car, seriously.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #212
gajagfan

I am sure that living in coastal Georgia which is very flat has a lot to do with it, but I have only felt it come on once, and it worked great. No complaints here yet, but we have had the car less than a week.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #213
BadAndy

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
It's a stupid feature. I talked to some rep from GM today about it. She was saying that it's a safety feature but she didn't like when I told her it's the most worthless "feature" you could possibly put on a performance vehicle.

After driving cars with manual transmissions for over 16 years, I really didn't like their answer of "it's something you'll have to learn to adjust to".
BadAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #214
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
I recently took a trip through Northern Arizona and on the road that leads up to a little town called Jerome, a Goldwing took a spill and I was stuck in traffic for a hour on a pretty steep grade. Since I live in Phoenix, I've never been on a hill where HSA engages. On this trip, it made things a hell of a lot easier. Even before I had this car, if I saw a car roll back before accelerating, I always gave it room. Not everybody does that, including this big Ford truck behind me that day. My experience was that HSA worked perfectly. I guess it's hit or miss.

Take a look at this in Google Earth and imagine having to slowly roll up it during 45 minutes in traffic.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=jerom...,+Arizona&z=18
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #215
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
HSA is definitely tied into the yaw sensor, which is located directly beneath the rear cupholder. I've currently disabled my HSA, along with all my electronic nannies, but I don't think anyone will want to do what I did, lol

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #216
SSRS1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
HSA is definitely tied into the yaw sensor, which is located directly beneath the rear cupholder.
Thanks for pinpointing the location OzzySS. I have a different yaw sensor (without lateral-accelerometer) waiting for me to install when I get back from travel this week.

This should kill the HSA without any adverse affects. If all goes well, I'll post a little write-up on it.

Modifications: HSA Elimination - Cold Air Inductions Intake
Solo Performance Mach Cat Back - Skip-Shift Eliminator
SSRS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #217
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crand View Post
I recently took a trip through Northern Arizona and on the road that leads up to a little town called Jerome, a Goldwing took a spill and I was stuck in traffic for a hour on a pretty steep grade. Since I live in Phoenix, I've never been on a hill where HSA engages. On this trip, it made things a hell of a lot easier. Even before I had this car, if I saw a car roll back before accelerating, I always gave it room. Not everybody does that, including this big Ford truck behind me that day. My experience was that HSA worked perfectly. I guess it's hit or miss.

Take a look at this in Google Earth and imagine having to slowly roll up it during 45 minutes in traffic.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=jerom...,+Arizona&z=18
Nobody is saying that there aren't any situations where it would be helpful (noting that the severity of the situations where it will be found helpful will vary among different people).

Only that you should not be forced to have it without the ability to turn it off.

FWIW, in a 45 minute uphill slog, there is no need to creep forward a foot or two just because the moron in front of you thinks he's making real progress by doing so. Eventually, even the moron behind you will catch on (and if we're really lucky, he'll remember it).

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #218
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS1LE View Post
Thanks for pinpointing the location OzzySS. I have a different yaw sensor (without lateral-accelerometer) waiting for me to install when I get back from travel this week.

This should kill the HSA without any adverse affects. If all goes well, I'll post a little write-up on it.
N/p. I thought about doing the same. Let me know how it works out for ya!

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #219
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Only that you should not be forced to have it without the ability to turn it off.
I've noticed that's the way all things work these days. Cars, Google, Windows, etc. Forced progress, right? If your opinion doesn't match at least 50% of the whole, your opinion is irrelevant. The customer should always be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
FWIW, in a 45 minute uphill slog, there is no need to creep forward a foot or two
It wasn't like that. Nobody could see around the curve so everyone was clueless which resulted in a random car turning around every five minutes. Believe me, there's nothing I hate more than people who come to a stoplight and creep... creep.... creep....... I stay put until it's time to move.
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #220
BadAndy

Ugh...HSA struck again today. Trying to pull out of the grocery store parking lot, almost stalled after waiting a couple seconds because it didn't release and then almost launched into traffic trying to keep it from stalling!

This POS feature is going to cause me safety issues versus preventing one. I'm still pissed that their solution is to get used to it.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #221
SSRS1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
N/p. I thought about doing the same. Let me know how it works out for ya!
It worked! I installed the yaw-sensor used in automatic Camaros this evening, and have successfully banished the Hill-Nanny. Everything else works as normal.

Part number 13578326 on the right is the new sensor which lacks the longitudinal-accelerometer that triggers HSA.

Now Hill-Nanny can go live with Skip-Shift Nanny in exile.

SSRS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #222
Combover

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS1LE View Post
It worked! I installed the yaw-sensor used in automatic Camaros this evening, and have successfully banished the Hill-Nanny. Everything else works as normal.

Part number 13578326 on the right is the new sensor which lacks the longitudinal-accelerometer that triggers HSA.

Now Hill-Nanny can go live with Skip-Shift Nanny in exile.
I would like to more about this - cost, install difficulty, etc. I would really like to know that changing it out only affects the HSA.
Combover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #223
BadAndy

Definitely need more details!!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #224
BadAndy

Interesting. From newgmparts.com

Old 06-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #225
Combover

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Something has changed my car's HSA characteristics since new - I just did a fair amount of back-to-back-to-back driving with my other MT cars and my driving style on hills with the Camaro is the same as the other non-HSA cars. My Camaro used to wait the full two seconds or jerk rather violently if I overcame the brake pressure with throttle. Now it is way more civilized and releases the brakes with the combination of clutch and throttle. I have no explanation for the change.

Last edited by Combover; 06-08-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Combover is offline   Reply With Quote