Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

tandtperformance.com
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #76
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Never had that problem, I guess most would be stalkers can't do 180 like a ZL1 can. I don't know

Seriously, I would say next time dial 911 and try and get a cop to pull you or him over, either way does the trick.

My brother used to be in radio and he had stalkers, he had to drive a different way home each night. He knew what their cars were and they would be waiting across the street from the radio station when he would get off at midnight. 2 good things, we are in Alabama, if you don't carry a gun here they give you a ticket, and two, people in media usually have working relationships with cops, so he knew how to get one's attention when necessary.

I seriously don't have the problem. All I have ever had to do in my life when someone thought they wanted to mess with me is show myself and it solves the issue. I'm not really tall, 5'8" or so, and I wasn't always this big, but I weigh nearly 400lbs, shaved head, beard, very wide shoulders, not small arms, and I never smile. So I get told I look mean a lot, I wouldn't say I'm unfriendly, but you know.

Being from Bama, Roll Tide, we went to our rival game few years back, Auburn, after a Bama fan had poisened their old trees that they roll with toilet paper after a win.(btw, no one in the Bama nation claims the asshole that poisoned the trees). I know why they do the TP on their own trees, but I don't get it. Anyway, I wanted to see the trees after the game, cops were all around them because they had been damaged by the poison. But an Auburn fan comes up to me and says "I was gonna come down here and pick a fight with a Bama fan, but not you." He walked off
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:26 AM   #77
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I had an older couple I overtook on the Interstate one night that was going slower till I passed them. Then they wanted to pace behind me whether I sped up or slowed down. I actuallly slowed to 30 on the Interstate before they went around me and sped up.

I resumed my previous speed and caught up and passed them again and they started pacing behind me again. I hate it when someone just wants to use you for a "front door" becuase you are going a little faster than they feel comfortable doing on their own. I had to go a lot faster till I had them way back in my mirror and I resumed my original speed again, they caught up. WTF? Luckily this time I was at my exit and it was over.

This happens frequently when I am on long trips.

Any time you are followed and you think it is maliciously, go where there are a lot of people. Or just lose them.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #78
markas214

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 SIM convertible
Considering I had my RS up to over 130 mph and the SS vert over 140 I never considered someone following me being able to keep up very long. Hit the exit ramp doing 120 then accelerate out and back onto the high and nail it. Problem solved. Plan B, no permit required for concealed carry in Az. Pull over in a public place and if confronted with violence...
markas214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #79
jessicamariella
Chase me...

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
I was run off the road by someone in Rhode Island. I was driving a government vehicle - a Dodge 3500. He would get in front of me, slam on the brakes or slow down. So, I would pass him again. Then he'd tailgate, pass me and then brake hard. Just as I was getting ready to just take the next exit and be done with him, he jerks the wheel and tries to run into the truck. Like, what the heck....?

With two ex's who can't accept it's over, I'm thinking of getting something to conceal and carry! =D

I've only been "followed" once in the Camaro. This guy in a Mustang kept messing with me, so I gave him a little fun. Got it up to 111 before I chickened out. Not trying to get a ticket
Old 05-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #80
markas214

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I agree. If I ever live in an area that I feel the need to carry a gun, I will move! I feel bad for you folks that need to carry a weapon.
You realize how insulting your remark is? I carry on occasion, usually if I'm going to the range. I like having the option. "I feel bad" for you not being able to understand that. You read of thousands of murders by criminals each year. Law abiding citizens have no bad intentions and while chances are you will never need a gun for self defense heaven help you if you ever do and are a helpless victim. So don't feel bad for us.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #81
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Actually, the only people I do have follow me are cops. I dont have tint, and I obviously dont speed around cops.

I live on a long highway road and Ive had a bunch go out of their way to follow me, a couple even pull into my driveway and use it to turn around
Old 05-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #82
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
You realize how insulting your remark is? I carry on occasion, usually if I'm going to the range. I like having the option. "I feel bad" for you not being able to understand that. You read of thousands of murders by criminals each year. Law abiding citizens have no bad intentions and while chances are you will never need a gun for self defense heaven help you if you ever do and are a helpless victim. So don't feel bad for us.
Take it easy man, you were so easy to turn this into a gun control issue.

He was simply saying that if he lived in a dangerous area, he would move.

He feels sorry for people who live in a dangerous area, and feel that they need a gun just to feel safe.

His post had nothing to do with you carrying a gun to the range lol.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #83
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
I call it like I see it. I have never even come close to feeling the need to carry a gun. I grew up with guns, spent many a night re-loading shotgun shells and rounds for our pistols and rifles. I currently own the choice guns that my father owned. I enjoy shooting and have many friends that hunt. I stand by what I said because I do not feel the need to carry a weapon, and wish more did not feel this burden...and don't assume that just because someone is not packing that they are helpless. Bad, bad move.

There is but one correct answer as to how to deal with the situation that was the initial topic of this thread....get in touch with the authorities. If you can't do that, stay in a public area, or as a final response, pray you have gone to school and / or practiced enough to loose the guy with your driving skills. Yes, I get that you could break down in am isolated area and the guy in the other car could have a gun and intend to kill you, and I hope that never happens to anyone. I promise you it is nothing that I would ever worry about. Many things need our attention than that.

Let's all just stick to our love of this fine car built by Chevrolet on this forum, and since I did not actually do that, I appologize.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #84
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
OP, I bet he was just getting cell phone video of your car. Calm down.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #85
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Take it easy man, you were so easy to turn this into a gun control issue.

He was simply saying that if he lived in a dangerous area, he would move.

He feels sorry for people who live in a dangerous area, and feel that they need a gun just to feel safe.

His post had nothing to do with you carrying a gun to the range lol.
Wow, you summed it up better in your reply than I did in mine. Thanks! Now lets get back to the cars.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #86
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
My second home is in St. Pete's and I head over to Tampa quite a bit. There are some rougher areas granted, but still have never felt scared enough to carry a gun. Heck was robbed once at knife point, now that I think about it. Ah well, to each his own.
Please don't confuse prepared with scared. I grew up in Miami and now live in Tampa. I know what a bad area is first hand...

The neighborhood where my house is in quite a nice area.

Trust me I carry by choice. Not fear.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....

Last edited by Firefighter; 05-01-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #87
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Happens to me all the time. It's always a carload of hot chicks. I promptly find the nearest Motel, pull in and get a room.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #88
Jim968

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
It's never happened to me. Which is a shame. The only car chases I've been in we're on a race track. I'd love to have to lose some reprobate on the street. It would be much cheaper than a race weekend.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #89
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
It's never happened to me. Which is a shame. The only car chases I've been in we're on a race track. I'd love to have to lose some reprobate on the street. It would be much cheaper than a race weekend.
unless the po po got involved!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #90
Jim968

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
Quote:
unless the po po got involved!
Hopefully running away from someone with bad intent would be justifiable in the eyes of the law!
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #91
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
One time I had a guy in an older Maxima have some serious road rage on me.

I was in the right lane, and the Maxima was in the left lane stuck behind a Crown Vic going about 5 under the speed limit. So I figured I'd help this guy out and slow down so he could get in front of me to go around the Vic. I slow down and he doesn't budge. So I'm like okay.. So I speed up and the Maxima whips out behind the Vic and starts tailgating me so close that I coudn't see his headlights (keep in mind I'm doing 50 in a 45 right now) so I change lanes to let this guy go around me since he's obviously in a hurry, and he follows me into the other lane still right on top of me. So I turn on my lights real quick to make it look like I was braking to tell the guy to knock it off, and he flies out from behind me and takes off.

I still don't know what I did that pissed him off..
Old 05-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #92
Asanti

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
You existed and, to make matters worse, in a car far superior to his.
Asanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #93
Mutant Racer
Bringer of Impending Doom

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
OP, I bet he was just getting cell phone video of your car. Calm down.
I've been telling you guys we're famous. Red carpet events, autograph requests, cameras in our faces, celebrity perks, and one day our likeness will be on a Pez candy dispenser.
Mutant Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #94
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Stop at a red light and just sit there. Let the light keep cycling through. Either he will get bored and leave, or try to get out. If he gets out, take off.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #95
Fenderaddict2

Drives: '12 Boss, '65 Mustang FB, '64 Strat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Please don't confuse prepared with scared. I grew up in Miami and now live in Tampa. I know what a bad area is first hand...

The neighborhood where my house is in quite a nice area.

Trust me I carry by choice. Not fear.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
I understand as men, it's uncollected to admit fear. But it is impossible to be prepared for all eventualities in life so we prepare for what we fear is most likely. What I find interesting about this thread is the fear of crazies with guns as opposed to actual criminal intent. And because seemingly anyone can carry a gun, one needs to carry a gun to be prepared. So whether we wish to admit it, fear is a factor. Which is fine as fear is an evolutionary tool that has allowed humans to not just survive, but prosper. I had a gun fear myself. When my first kid was born, my guns were gone. I simply feared for her life with a gun in the house more than I feared a home invasion. They happen, so I should be prepared. I just chose a different method of preparation.

In any case, I am not arguing with your choice not judging you for it. Your situation is your own and you need to do what's right for you. I respect that. I'm just glad I live in a society where I don't feel I have to make the sane choice.

Interestingly, as an aside. I have travelled through much if the US, on my own late at night and sometimes mistakenly in questionable areas, yet the place I felt the most in danger was London England after the pubs closed down and the yobs hit the streets fuelled with alcohol, Red Bull and testosterone. Oddly I don't think a gun would have made me any more comfortable.

What's next?
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #96
Fenderaddict2

Drives: '12 Boss, '65 Mustang FB, '64 Strat
Oh, and a quick aside. When I was 17 and on a date I was chased and blocked in by 4 guys who got out of their car carrying bats. Hit reverse, spin the car up on someone's lawn and took off for a local donut shop where the cops hung out. They didn't follow. A week later I encountered them again. This time they blocked my parked car tight. One guy comes over to my window, and when I roll it down to negotiate my way out grabs me by the throat. Rolled the window up on his arm, rammed his buddies in the car, dragging him along. Rolled the window down, did a 360 and lined him up. Girls' screaming brought me to my senses and I left. Never saw him, his buddies or the car again nor learned what their problem was. Most of the witnesses knew me by my car and somehow magically did not witness a thing when asked. My buddy who worked at Maaco did see the car some time later and left them a present that would "make itself known sometime later". He never told me what that actually was. ;-)

What's next?
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #97
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
I've never followed somebody off of a highway... That's creepy.

BUT, I do pace people in the left lane. I don't want to drive like a jerk so I wait for the guy that is willing to run people out of the left lane and just follow them about 3-4 car lengths back.

I have been paced before too, but I know that trick so I slow down until they pass. Some people just want to follow you so you get a speeding ticket and they don't.
SS Fascia
Factory RS HIDs
Plasma P13W fog lights
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
3 inch round cut, rolled exhaust tips
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels, Nitto Motivos
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #98
markas214

Quote:
I call it like I see it. I have never even come close to feeling the need to carry a gun. I grew up with guns, spent many a night re-loading shotgun shells and rounds for our pistols and rifles. I currently own the choice guns that my father owned. I enjoy shooting and have many friends that hunt. I stand by what I said because I do not feel the need to carry a weapon, and wish more did not feel this burden...and don't assume that just because someone is not packing that they are helpless. Bad, bad move.

There is but one correct answer as to how to deal with the situation that was the initial topic of this thread....get in touch with the authorities. If you can't do that, stay in a public area, or as a final response, pray you have gone to school and / or practiced enough to loose the guy with your driving skills. Yes, I get that you could break down in am isolated area and the guy in the other car could have a gun and intend to kill you, and I hope that never happens to anyone. I promise you it is nothing that I would ever worry about. Many things need our attention than that.

Let's all just stick to our love of this fine car built by Chevrolet on this forum, and since I did not actually do that, I appologize.
No problem. I misinterpretted your comment. That said having my M&P in such a situation would be preferable than not. As I said I rarely carry and even if I happened to be my choices in order I'd lose them real fast, dial 911, go to a truck stop or something similiar.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #99
Jbakovich

Drives: 2011 Black LS
I was being followed by a tinted out old caddy. Couldn't even see inside. I made three right turns in a row to make sure I wasent crazy and verified that I was being chased. Got to my drive way and pulled up. He just sat at the end of my drive till I got out and walked at him. Then he simply drove on. Never saw that car again.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #100
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
The only ones that follow me are the local police on the way to Target or Wal-Mart on week ends. Once they see me park in the back of the lot and an old guy get out with graying hair, they leave...
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote