Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

Wheels / Tires Wheels, tires, and related products.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #701
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: I drive the green one
So you have to get the package deal ?
Old 05-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #702
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
So you have to get the package deal ?

No, but you do have to purchase them separately. I think the black ones are $39 and that includes a locking set..
Old 05-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #703
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
one more shot
Attached Images

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #704
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
So nice.......
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #705
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
one more shot
That looks great!
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:15 AM   #706
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I believe they come with tire and wheel packages only.. I want to see them on your car..
Ah. I was unaware. Wheels will be on Tues am since the shops are closed tomorrow. :(

They are just sittin' there in the dining room....lookin' pretty...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #707
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Curious to see these in the chrome finish on a VR ZL1 or 1LE.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 05-27-2013 at 01:54 PM.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #708
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Curious to see these in the polished finish on a VR ZL1 or 1LE.
Forget polished go Chome that would look sweet on your VR ZL1
Old 05-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #709

Drives: 2SS
I really like these wheels, but I live in an are where the roads are very uneven and with a lot of pot holes so I am thinking how resistent are these rims against cracks etc. What do you think?
332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #710
Sebas_bahapantis

Drives: Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
one more shot
how many inches dropped is this?
Sebas_bahapantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #711
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebas_bahapantis View Post
how many inches dropped is this?
1 in the front, 1 1/4 rear for the springs, LSR ZL specific sways and 1LE shocks and struts with mounts.

No rubbing and no fender rolling or ebrake cable clearance problems.

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #712
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by 332 View Post
I really like these wheels, but I live in an are where the roads are very uneven and with a lot of pot holes so I am thinking how resistent are these rims against cracks etc. What do you think?
FR warranry

"Structural Warranty - Lifetime

For the life of the wheel, FACTORY REPRODUCTIONS INC will replace or repair any wheel found defective in either materials or workmanship. This warranty applies to the original retail purchaser only. This warranty is limited to normal and intended road use only.

Out of Round Condition – 10 Days

FACTORY REPRODUCTIONS INC will repair or replace any wheel that, upon inspection by FACTORY REPRODUCTIONS INC or its authorized agent, is found to be out of round for a period of ten (10) days from date of original retail purchase. Out of round conditions caused by improper installation, accidents, wheel impact, racing or off-road use are specifically excluded.

Finish – Painted or Chrome 2 Years, Polished 60 Days

FACTORY REPRODUCTIONS INC warrants to the original retail purchaser the finish will be free from defects, blemishes and discoloration. Should the finish on a wheel, upon inspection by FACTORY REPRODUCTIONS INC be determined to be defective, FACTORY REPRODUCTIONS INC will repair or replace the wheel, at its sole discretion. This warranty excludes finish defects caused by accidents, wheel impact, racing or off road use, neglect, corrosion, inclement weather, chemicals and the use of caustic, acid or abrasive cleaners.

THIS WARRANTY IS VOID IF:

1. The wheel(s) have been damaged in transit.
2. Have been used for other than the intended purpose of normal on road use i.e. racing, competition or off road.
3. Repairs or alterations performed by other than FACTORY REPRODUCTIONS INC.
4. Misuse, negligence, accident or wheel impact.
5. Improper installation or the use of incorrect wheel accessories such as wheel adaptors, spacers and non-approved lug nuts.
6. Damage due to improper tire mounting procedures or the use of clip-on style wheel weights.
7. Finish defects caused by negligence, corrosion, inclement weather (road salts etc.), chemicals or the improper use of caustic, acidic and abrasive cleaners.
8. Tires installed which are larger or smaller than the recommended size for the wheel rim width.
9. The original retail invoice or sales receipt is not available for verification or upon transfer of title of the product by the original retail purchaser.

FACTORY REPRODUCTIONS INC sole and exclusive obligation under this warranty shall be to repair or replace at our sole discretion, without charge, any product which, after examination by our company shows that said product has failed in normal use and service due to defects in material and or workmanship.

FACTORY REPRODUCTIONS INC will not be responsible for any damage or loss caused by delays, failure, or any consequential damage arising from any cause whatsoever, nor for labor, transportation, or any other charges incurred in the replacement of a defective product. Product must be returned freight pre-paid to Factory Reproductions Inc. at the address listed below.

This is a limited warranty. No warranties or representations, expressed or implied, including implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose which extends beyond the descriptions and limitations of the face hereof and none shall be implied by law. FACTORY REPRODUCTIONS INC neither assumes nor authorizes any dealer, representative, or other person to assume any obligation in connection with FACTORY REPRODUCTIONS INC products uses or applications. FACTORY REPRODUCTIONS INC reserves the right to make changes or improvements in design, materials or specifications or product changes without incurring any obligation to replace, change or improve products manufactured prior hereto.

This warranty does not limit rights, which may be available under individual State Warranty Laws.

Factory Reproductions Inc.
13353 Benson Avenue
Chino CA 91710
Phone: (909) 590-5252
Fax: (909)590-5445
"
Old 05-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #713

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
FR warranry

2. Have been used for other than the intended purpose of normal on road use i.e. racing, competition or off road.

4. Misuse, negligence, accident or wheel impact.

"
Thank you for your fast response!
I`m located overseas and as I stated the roads are very shitty. I see they have a warranty plan but beeing overseas don`t know how much covered I am.

Anyway...those are 2 things that put me in doubt(no 2 & 4)...if I hit a pot hole and the wheel cracks...that means wheel impact if I`m not mistaken...so bye bye wheel
Old 05-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #714
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Took a few pics after waxing yesterday..
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #715
dmartin7700

Drives: convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
Took a few pics after waxing yesterday..
That is bad ass I have my chrome wheels just waiting to get my car back from paint shop
dmartin7700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #716
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Quote:
Thank you for your fast response!
I`m located overseas and as I stated the roads are very shitty. I see they have a warranty plan but beeing overseas don`t know how much covered I am.

Anyway...those are 2 things that put me in doubt(no 2 & 4)...if I hit a pot hole and the wheel cracks...that means wheel impact if I`m not mistaken...so bye bye wheel

It seems like the only thing they cover is if the rim cracks when it just is sitting there

When you drive the rim is impacting the ground at all times lol
Old 05-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #717
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: I drive the green one

So if the shipping company damages it during transit we are responsible to take care if it with them ?
Old 05-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #718
sub zero

Drives: RED@2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Curious to see these in the polished finish on a VR ZL1 or 1LE.
me 2
Old 05-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #719
masonacdc

Drives: 2LS Inferno Orange "PHOENIX"
i have a 2LS camaro running the stock 18" rim if there anything i need to do to put 20" on the car ive never really delt with rims but i really want them in the gloss black

PHOENIX 323HP "LEGENDS NEVER DIE"
masonacdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #720

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
It seems like the only thing they cover is if the rim cracks when it just is sitting there

When you drive the rim is impacting the ground at all times lol
This is very interesting, when I have 100 mph in a curve and I hit right behind the apex a little pothole that cracks the rim after that I end up in some trees or some bushes....road racing and impact on the ground...more important than if the manufacture covers the wheel is if the wheel resists impacting the road in some harsh conditions.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #721
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2013 1SS/1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonacdc View Post
i have a 2LS camaro running the stock 18" rim if there anything i need to do to put 20" on the car ive never really delt with rims but i really want them in the gloss black
Nope. These will bolt right onto your 2LS. If I go the 20" route I am looking at running 20x9 on all four corners with probably the wider offset to get the wheels and tires out to the edge of the fender wells.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #722
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Quote:
This is very interesting, when I have 100 mph in a curve and I hit right behind the apex a little pothole that cracks the rim after that I end up in some trees or some bushes....road racing and impact on the ground...more important than if the manufacture covers the wheel is if the wheel resists impacting the road in some harsh conditions.

I don't understand.......

I guess this keeps costs down but I'd rather have a great wheel no warranty, rather than a bad wheel lifetime warranty.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #723
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Forget polished go Chome that would look sweet on your VR ZL1
Ah that's what I meant! Chrome.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #724
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
First, the price on these wheels are so darn low, it's not that far fetched to be able to get a new one should something terribly happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post

So if the shipping company damages it during transit we are responsible to take care if it with them ?
With the shipping company, yes. The shipping company drops your wheels, the box is all jacked up, you check the wheels, you file a claim with the shipper. But, you'd better be on your game when they are delivered.
Quote:
This is called racing...which the warranty specifically states it won't cover.

Any rim, and let's be real (and I'm not saying this in a disrespectful way), is probably going to crack as you go flying around a curve and hit a pothole. Why would a manufacturer warranty a rim that you were racing on and hit a pothole in? No one is going to warranty that.

I take accident reports as an officer and we had someone hit a pothole on a city street. The city, as it had repeated complaints over a three day period on that pot hole, ended up paying for the persons wheel that was cracked (and it was really cracked....sitting there with a flat tire on the side of the road). Insurance also comes into play with this.

But ultimately, why in the world....why in the world....would it be the wheel manufacturers fault that you hit a pothole???

If you get into an accident, would you go back to the manufacturer GM to have them replace the car? no.

Anything can happen to these wheels. Check them when they are shipped. If they are fine, then you are done. If not, contact them. Don't call three months later after you scratch your wheel trying to claim it was shipped that way. They are just trying to protect themselves from outrageous complaints.

All these warranty questions really shouldn't be a worry.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #725

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
First, the price on these wheels are so darn low, it's not that far fetched to be able to get a new one should something terribly happen.

With the shipping company, yes. The shipping company drops your wheels, the box is all jacked up, you check the wheels, you file a claim with the shipper. But, you'd better be on your game when they are delivered.

This is called racing...which the warranty specifically states it won't cover.

Any rim, and let's be real (and I'm not saying this in a disrespectful way), is probably going to crack as you go flying around a curve and hit a pothole. Why would a manufacturer warranty a rim that you were racing on and hit a pothole in? No one is going to warranty that.

I take accident reports as an officer and we had someone hit a pothole on a city street. The city, as it had repeated complaints over a three day period on that pot hole, ended up paying for the persons wheel that was cracked (and it was really cracked....sitting there with a flat tire on the side of the road). Insurance also comes into play with this.

But ultimately, why in the world....why in the world....would it be the wheel manufacturers fault that you hit a pothole???

If you get into an accident, would you go back to the manufacturer GM to have them replace the car? no.

Anything can happen to these wheels. Check them when they are shipped. If they are fine, then you are done. If not, contact them. Don't call three months later after you scratch your wheel trying to claim it was shipped that way. They are just trying to protect themselves from outrageous complaints.

All these warranty questions really shouldn't be a worry.
Totally agree with you on everything except the fact "But ultimately, why in the world....why in the world....would it be the wheel manufacturers fault that you hit a pothole???", I am just concerned with the structure of the wheel, for example I hit a couple of potholes with my oem rs wheel and nothing happenes, but if I hit the same potholes again and the wheels crack then I believe it is the the manufacturers fault he did not strenghten the wheels enough. My only curiosity is the strenght of the wheel, how it copes with potholes and some rough roads in comparison with the stock oem wheel. Sorry if I am buggy but when I am curios I tend to be annoying.