Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

Wheels / Tires Wheels, tires, and related products.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #726
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1 #206 (SOLD) 6th Gen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 332 View Post
Totally agree with you on everything except the fact "But ultimately, why in the world....why in the world....would it be the wheel manufacturers fault that you hit a pothole???", I am just concerned with the structure of the wheel, for example I hit a couple of potholes with my oem rs wheel and nothing happenes, but if I hit the same potholes again and the wheels crack then I believe it is the the manufacturers fault he did not strenghten the wheels enough. My only curiosity is the strenght of the wheel, how it copes with potholes and some rough roads in comparison with the stock oem wheel. Sorry if I am buggy but when I am curios I tend to be annoying.
You have a valid point. Regardless of the companies claim, they are NOT OEM. So you take the chance once purchased on certain things that if you purchased OEM in the first place you wouldn't have to deal with the same issues. You get what you pay for, that always hold true. I am interested in a chrome set but still undecided if I want to take that leap. Not knocking the product but regardless if a rim is "darn low" I like to take precautions when making a big purchase.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #727

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
First, the price on these wheels are so darn low, it's not that far fetched to be able to get a new one should something terribly happen.
On a second tought this point of view is at the point!
332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #728
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2013 1SS/1LE IOM
Doug has already said is wheels are tested to the same standards as OEM wheels, so for all intents and purposes, are probably just as reliable strength wise.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #729
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: I drive the green one
When wheels are shipped is there a standard insurance with the shipper that holds them responsible for the bill if they damage in transit ?

For example, the post office will not be held responsible for damaged goods if you didn't purchase insurance
Old 05-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #730
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Totally agree with you on everything except the fact "But ultimately, why in the world....why in the world....would it be the wheel manufacturers fault that you hit a pothole???", I am just concerned with the structure of the wheel, for example I hit a couple of potholes with my oem rs wheel and nothing happenes, but if I hit the same potholes again and the wheels crack then I believe it is the the manufacturers fault he did not strenghten the wheels enough. My only curiosity is the strenght of the wheel, how it copes with potholes and some rough roads in comparison with the stock oem wheel. Sorry if I am buggy but when I am curios I tend to be annoying.
good luck on getting that covered under warranty and you clearly hit pot holes
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #731
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Honestly you are looking into this to much FR has a good reputation many people are running the FR chrome OEM 5-spoke style for several years with no issues. Just like any wheel manufacture they all pretty much have the same warranty. If you hit a pot home and crack your OEM wheel GM is not going to cover it. IMHO but the wheels enjoy them you are worrying about nothing.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #732
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Yep

Alot of wheel manufacturers have no warranties
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #733
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
When are the 20x11 polished wheels getting delivered to your facility?
Old 05-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #734
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
Sent you a PM and email. Want these asap!
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #735
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Honestly you are looking into this to much FR has a good reputation many people are running the FR chrome OEM 5-spoke style for several years with no issues. Just like any wheel manufacture they all pretty much have the same warranty. If you hit a pot home and crack your OEM wheel GM is not going to cover it. IMHO but the wheels enjoy them you are worrying about nothing.

And...

Wheels going on tomorrow. Can't wait!
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:25 AM   #736
fylgood

Drives: European 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:

And...

Wheels going on tomorrow. Can't wait!
Hy,

when do you make these kit in 22"?

thanks
fylgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #737
dougfr

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I really like these wheels, but I live in an are where the roads are very uneven and with a lot of pot holes so I am thinking how resistent are these rims against cracks etc. What do you think?
Quote:
Thank you for your fast response!
I`m located overseas and as I stated the roads are very shitty. I see they have a warranty plan but beeing overseas don`t know how much covered I am.

Anyway...those are 2 things that put me in doubt(no 2 & 4)...if I hit a pot hole and the wheel cracks...that means wheel impact if I`m not mistaken...so bye bye wheel
No wheel is warrantied for racing. What kind of racing? What speed? Off Road? Car hits wall at 150 mph?

Wheel impact - Our wheels are as or more resistant to deformation as OEM. Many people up size from a 17 or 18 inch to a 20 or 22 inch wheel. What they do not realize is that there is less side wall on the larger diameter tires to absorb impact so they blame the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
It seems like the only thing they cover is if the rim cracks when it just is sitting there

When you drive the rim is impacting the ground at all times lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post

THIS WARRANTY IS VOID IF:

1. The wheel(s) have been damaged in transit.

So if the shipping company damages it during transit we are responsible to take care if it with them ?
We insure our wheels will be 100% upon arrival. If they are not we ship a replacement. This statement is for wheels returned to us for inspection/warranty.

Quote:
This is very interesting, when I have 100 mph in a curve and I hit right behind the apex a little pothole that cracks the rim after that I end up in some trees or some bushes....road racing and impact on the ground...more important than if the manufacture covers the wheel is if the wheel resists impacting the road in some harsh conditions.
Our wheels do not crack or deform if you hit a little pothole. But who defines "little". This is why we test our wheels to the J2530 standard. It is objective and imperical not subjective

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
I don't understand.......

I guess this keeps costs down but I'd rather have a great wheel no warranty, rather than a bad wheel lifetime warranty.
These are great wheels and the warranty is as comprehensive as any including OEM. We have not remained in business for over 15 years selling sub-standard products.

Quote:
First, the price on these wheels are so darn low, it's not that far fetched to be able to get a new one should something terribly happen.

With the shipping company, yes. The shipping company drops your wheels, the box is all jacked up, you check the wheels, you file a claim with the shipper. But, you'd better be on your game when they are delivered.

If you receive a wheel damaged in shipping we will replace it. You do not have to file a claim with the shipping company.

This is called racing...which the warranty specifically states it won't cover.

Any rim, and let's be real (and I'm not saying this in a disrespectful way), is probably going to crack as you go flying around a curve and hit a pothole. Why would a manufacturer warranty a rim that you were racing on and hit a pothole in? No one is going to warranty that.

I take accident reports as an officer and we had someone hit a pothole on a city street. The city, as it had repeated complaints over a three day period on that pot hole, ended up paying for the persons wheel that was cracked (and it was really cracked....sitting there with a flat tire on the side of the road). Insurance also comes into play with this.

But ultimately, why in the world....why in the world....would it be the wheel manufacturers fault that you hit a pothole???

If you get into an accident, would you go back to the manufacturer GM to have them replace the car? no.

Anything can happen to these wheels. Check them when they are shipped. If they are fine, then you are done. If not, contact them. Don't call three months later after you scratch your wheel trying to claim it was shipped that way. They are just trying to protect themselves from outrageous complaints.

All these warranty questions really shouldn't be a worry.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
You have a valid point. Regardless of the companies claim, they are NOT OEM. So you take the chance once purchased on certain things that if you purchased OEM in the first place you wouldn't have to deal with the same issues. You get what you pay for, that always hold true. I am interested in a chrome set but still undecided if I want to take that leap. Not knocking the product but regardless if a rim is "darn low" I like to take precautions when making a big purchase.
Again our wheels meet or exceed the same tests as OEM wheels.

As for getting what you paid for - My business partner and I were tempted to price this wheel higher especially when we saw what our competition was charging. Had we had done so we could have avoided the issue of perceived quality and value vs price. Ultimately we decided to stick to our pricing model that has served us well over the years.

I think everyone should take a critical look when making purchase such as this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
When wheels are shipped is there a standard insurance with the shipper that holds them responsible for the bill if they damage in transit ?

For example, the post office will not be held responsible for damaged goods if you didn't purchase insurance
See above
email: doug@factoryreproductions.com
dougfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #738
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Awesome!
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #739
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Doug you rock!

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #740
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I'm very happy with my purchase, I have been looking at my car again, like I did the first weeks of owning it..

As said above, you guys rock, and I would buy from FR again without hesitation.

Peace..
Old 05-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #741
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
one more shot
what size tire/wheel package and offset did you go? Looks great....do you have a front angle and side view?
Old 05-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #742
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Doug,

Did you have a chance to test fit a 20x10 with a 295/40 on the front yet? I appreciate it.
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #743
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Doug, Sent you a PM last week. No big deal, but just curious if you had any more information on when 20x9 polished will be available. I'm bummed that they aren't available now :(
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #744
AlexM

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Just picked up mine from FedEx!!!!!!!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369766730.691621.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  249.9 KB

Black 10 spoke ZL1 FR41 wheels
Roto-fab CF CAI / Scoop and Washer Bottle Relocation KIT
Vmax painted ported TB
Solo HF Cats with Kooks 2.5" catback
CF Hydro Dip SLP Replica Spliter
CF Stripes with Autobots Symbols
Hawk ceramic brake pads
CF bowties
Range AFM Delete
Engine Cover/Air Compressor Delete
Retractable License Plate (Manual)
AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #745
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
what size tire/wheel package and offset did you go? Looks great....do you have a front angle and side view?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297542

2012 LS M6,Brembo Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #746
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
Just picked up mine from FedEx!!!!!!!

Attachment 515652

Awesome, now get home and put them on, NOW!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #747
Nutro

I can't afford tires yet but I'm at Discount picking my polished ones up now.
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Old 05-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #748
Nutro

Name:  Travis%20Southwest-20130528-00053.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  12.3 KB

Let's see if that pic worked
Old 05-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #749
Carriccp

Drives: Sold
Did anyone order the black/machined face rims?
Carriccp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #750
bandit38

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS - 1977 Trans Am S.E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Attachment 515735

Let's see if that pic worked
NICE !!!