Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:45 PM   #151
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
OK, I think I have a solution. Maybe we could add a pop up box during the registration process that is kinda like the licensing agreements you get when installing software. Except this one just has a statement about the headlights not being production, being from Autozone just for test mule purposes, etc and that complaining about them or referencing them as the production units is grounds for post count reset at an undisclosed future time (say when they're just about to hit 1000 posts). And you have to click a check box saying "I have read and acknowledged the above statement." There, then everyone is up to speed.

On the upside, I'm thrilled to see all these new members so passionate about the headlights. Late to the game and losing interest my butt. The Camaro is gaining popularity daily.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #152
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Good first post! (you better duck though) Oops too late
Hahaha, yeah you didn't quite see my post

And (stovt001) I'm in complete agreement that it's great people are so enthusiastic about the headlights and the Camaro...I guess I just feel like if people can take the time to write posts...they can also take at least a small amount of time to look through the threads a bit...I know, I'm sorry, that's asking a lot

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #153
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
OK, I think I have a solution. Maybe we could add a pop up box during the registration process that is kinda like the licensing agreements you get when installing software. Except this one just has a statement about the headlights not being production, being from Autozone just for test mule purposes, etc and that complaining about them or referencing them as the production units is grounds for post count reset at an undisclosed future time (say when they're just about to hit 1000 posts). And you have to click a check box saying "I have read and acknowledged the above statement." There, then everyone is up to speed.

On the upside, I'm thrilled to see all these new members so passionate about the headlights. Late to the game and losing interest my butt. The Camaro is gaining popularity daily.
And in the statement, include a line that says "to continue you must select 'I disagree' " just to make sure that they read it.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:33 PM   #154
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
sigh.

Nvdirtbiker, suffice it to say that those WILL NOT be the production lamps. In fact, there have been multiple hints dropped whenever this dead horse flinches, that the idea was to "Keep the production design true to the concept, with a little changes as possible." So, there's no need to worry anymore, is there? You can buy a Camaro now, like the rest of us.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #155
GameOv3r

Drives: 2008 Chevy Aveo
I really dont care for that slot in the front of the Camaro anyway. IMO the hood on the Red Camaro in this picture looks a hell of a lot better than what is on the Camaro right now....I'll definetely be sure to change my hood to the one on the red camaro and make it a "functional" intake
Attached Images

GameOv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:43 AM   #156
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1

Read. I wish people could others by taking 5 min. from their time to check something as simple as headlights. I know that when I joined up, I read first to make sure I didn't end up embarrassing myself. Guess I just thougth that was commen sense.

This is beginning to get aggrivating...
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:58 AM   #157
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
:bangdesk:

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:00 AM   #158
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Yep....back to my old
The build of THRSS #2
Old 02-27-2008, 06:40 AM   #159
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Yep....back to my old
Alright, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels the way I do

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:24 AM   #160
nvdirtbiker
GM Fanatic

Drives: 06 GMC Sierra 07 Caddy CTS-V
My open letter to GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post

Well, I am gald to hear those lights will NOT be production. Regarding the comments about my being "late to the game", I was responding to an email I received from this very forum...I will paste it here;

Dear Camaro5 member,

If you've been hoping for a clear un-camo'd look at the front grill of the preproduction Camaro, have a look at this:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2927

This is the clearest shot yet of an uncovered front-end and we love its aggressive black-on-black look!

Enjoy!

Okay, after reading that, and clicking the link, and seeing the photo, what would YOU think? I thought that front end was a done-deal. Phew! Am I glad I was wrong!
nvdirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:31 AM   #161
nvdirtbiker
GM Fanatic

Insofar as hoods go...my vote is for the old "cowl induction" style. I hope they at least make that an option, or include it in a package like the Z/28.
nvdirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:32 AM   #162
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdirtbiker View Post
Well, I am gald to hear those lights will NOT be production. Regarding the comments about my being "late to the game", I was responding to an email I received from this very forum...I will paste it here;

Dear Camaro5 member,

If you've been hoping for a clear un-camo'd look at the front grill of the preproduction Camaro, have a look at this:

This is the clearest shot yet of an uncovered front-end and we love its aggressive black-on-black look!

Enjoy!

Okay, after reading that, and clicking the link, and seeing the photo, what would YOU think? I thought that front end was a done-deal. Phew! Am I glad I was wrong!
I/We completely understand. And unfortunatley you caught the heat for about 1,000,000 previous posts that weren't your fault.

So, know that you are welcome here. Thanks for joining!!!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:50 AM   #163
nvdirtbiker
GM Fanatic

Glad to hear I am not the only one who hated those lights! This is an awesome forum. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #164
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdirtbiker View Post

Dear Camaro5 member,

Enjoy!

Honest mistake! I'm sure I would have thought the same thing if that email was the only information I had seen on the Preproduction Camaro. But some other people don't have an excuse! Welcome!!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:04 AM   #165
nvdirtbiker
GM Fanatic

gtahvit, thanks for the welcome. Don't worry about me, I'll be alright. I have the 'ole flamethrower standing by and ready to battle with anyone who dares!!!! LOL, thanks again for the kind words.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:06 AM   #166
nvdirtbiker
GM Fanatic

thanks acscamarochick (y)
Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #167
Doug 97SS

Drives: 1997 Camaro SS #1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
Thanks. I PS'd the sign, because I like seeing the car in the US rather than Europe!
Thanks works for me because I do too!! BTW...those aren't the real headlights.. ..(Oh Hi Scott!) lol...
Doug 97SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #168
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Boy I sure hope those headlights are the production ones!

Just kidding!! I couldn't help it. Sorry
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #169
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
I/We completely understand. And unfortunatley you caught the heat for about 1,000,000 previous posts that weren't your fault.

So, know that you are welcome here. Thanks for joining!!!
The build of THRSS #2
Old 02-28-2008, 02:42 AM   #170
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
:notheadlights: Love it...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote