Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #26
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
I could see a lot of people (outside of Camaro5, of course) wanting to go pick up the refreshed '14. Not sure if it will cause an uptick in sales...but if the sales continue to decline I don't think it will be due to the new look whatsoever.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #27
calebparkin3

Drives: 2012 TF3, 2012 F150, 2013 5.0
Wow the Challenger has really been picking up sales with no major changes to apperance. Im glad to see it! I love my Mustang, and my Camaro. but those Challengers demand your attention when you drive by one. If the wife wasnt all "more kids, more kids!" I would have a 392 Challenger parked next to the Stang and Camaro.

I think the 14 Camaro will see initial sales go up, and then drop off pretty steeply after the first few months. Although the refresh is tolerable, it just dosent have the POP that the 10-13 still have. Ford won the refresh battle in looks this time; although sales diffrence between the two will probably stay the same or get even a little closer. Lets face it though, as much as i love the S197 mustangs its almost 10 years old and is very played out. The Camaro even with a not so good refresh is still new enough to out sell the compitition. GM will have to pull some serious magic vodoo out to ever sell a camaro as well as the 10-13's sold. I hope they have something stunning planned for the 6th gen; because from how things sound, Ford is really going to drop the ball with the new 6th gen "World" (all that means is european, and not american) Mustang.
calebparkin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #28
Explit Player

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
Lul... Mustangs are all talk and no facts
Old 05-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #29
calebparkin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post
Lul... Mustangs are all talk and no facts

How so?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #30
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
How so?
The new 2013+ mustangs are not played out at all. They look badass and it's going to take a helluva new car from ford to beat them (world mustang better not look like a fusion coupe). The frontend, rear end, new interior cues make it the best looking stang ever.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #31
BigRedMikeLV

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Metallic 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Camaro's still holding on to the lead, but it's clear the Challenger is chipping away at both Ford and Chevy.

To be honest the Challenger has changed quite a bit. They got rid of that awful V6 for their current one, they've beefed up the SRT to 470hp, and they always come out with exciting colors and special packages. I think they've done pretty well considering.
People always say the color thing, I want to know what colors are exciting? They have 2 shades of gray, 2 shades of black, a white, a blue and a red. We have more options than that in the Camaro or Mustang.
BigRedMikeLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #32
dkp2LT

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 GT/CS, '10 Flex
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
The new 2013+ mustangs are not played out at all. They look badass and it's going to take a helluva new car from ford to beat them (world mustang better not look like a fusion coupe). The frontend, rear end, new interior cues make it the best looking stang ever.

I love my Camaro more but I agree w/ this 100%. The 2013's are really nice. When I saw the Fusion the first time I really liked it but now I think it looks too much like the other cars out there - i.e. Kia. Will be disappointed if the Mustang takes on the same looks.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #33
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

And you'll be devastated if they aren't.....

There is all sort of evidence that sales deteriorate 20% by the third year of a lifecycle - therefore, Mid-cycles are planned at some point.

If you go back to 2008, there was caterwauling of all sorts when people saw the taillamps and back-up lamps of the current Camaro. People actually were struck sterile when they saw the steering wheel on the 2010! (...at least you'd think they were by the carrying-on on this very site....) -- and yet people must have fell in love with it - because when we changed it for 2012, the world was going to come to an end. We'd never be able to sell the car with the hideous new wheel................

Once again I'll ask you to cut everyone a break - and wait until you see the 2014 Camaros in person - you just MAY be surprised!

(..........but I have a feeling that no matter what we do, you'll still have something to say about it........)
Not devastated if they aren't shocked if they are. Been a Chevy fan all my life it's just that Chevrolet is setting itself up for failure with this redesign.
I see a lot of people saying I'm getting used to the 14's, When the prototype on the fifth-generation came out I didn't have to get used to it. Most of us here fell in love with it at first sight. So I'll say it again if it has to grow on me Or i have to get used to it I never really liked it in the first place. The sixth generation can't come fast enough. I just hope that this refresh isn't a sign of the direction they are heading for the next generation.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #34
calebparkin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post

I agree 100% on what you are saying about the 13's. I was meaning more in the chasis and the general shape. To the majority of the public the current S197 seems old. not to mention in 05 Mustangs were fly off the lots like hot cakes, everyone had to have one.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #35
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Quote:
Wow the Challenger has really been picking up sales with no major changes to apperance.
Probably due to the "fire sales" dodge dealers have been having on Challengers over the past couple months,they need to clear inventory to make room for the Cuda.

A friend of mine was able to pick a new challenger up way under invoice last month,the dealers are pushing those cars hard.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #36
calebparkin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhurst View Post
Probably due to the "fire sales" dodge dealers have been having on Challengers over the past couple months,they need to clear inventory to make room for the Cuda.

A friend of mine was able to pick a new challenger up way under invoice last month,the dealers are pushing those cars hard.

I dont really think they trying to clear inventory for the Cuda. We still have a few years till we see the Cuda.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #37
SROD
THE ROD MAN

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS #631
Quote:

There is all sort of evidence that sales deteriorate 20% by the third year of a lifecycle - therefore, Mid-cycles are planned at some point.

If you go back to 2008, there was caterwauling of all sorts when people saw the taillamps and back-up lamps of the current Camaro. People actually were struck sterile when they saw the steering wheel on the 2010! (...at least you'd think they were by the carrying-on on this very site....) -- and yet people must have fell in love with it - because when we changed it for 2012, the world was going to come to an end. We'd never be able to sell the car with the hideous new wheel................

Once again I'll ask you to cut everyone a break - and wait until you see the 2014 Camaros in person - you just MAY be surprised!

(..........but I have a feeling that no matter what we do, you'll still have something to say about it........)

you are the Man! I think people are complaining just to have something to do.

People in this world need to learn to move forward, or you'll be left behind.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #38
bitinas

Drives: 2011 camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I hope not. I guess it depends on how much they increase the price on 2014's. Usually a refresh will help with sales.

Is the refresh bad enough that you would buy a mustang or challenger instead?
I personally would buy used 2010-13 camaro, but not 2014 model
bitinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #39
AZCamaroFan
Coming Soon

Drives: Camaros
i think the Camaro will continue to do well in 2014, and who's to say Ford people don't start waiting for the 2015?
still can't figure who buys the challenger. it's more generic looking than the other two and is more expensive to get the SRT to compete with the SS and GT.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #40
shaffe

Drives: 2012 Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedMikeLV View Post
People always say the color thing, I want to know what colors are exciting? They have 2 shades of gray, 2 shades of black, a white, a blue and a red. We have more options than that in the Camaro or Mustang.
Hemi Orange nuff said, haha.

I am no Dodge fan, but like others said the Challenger just looks bad ass. Especially in Orange, If I was to see a 13 Mustang GT a, 13 Camaro and a 13 challenger coming down the road, if they are all in bright colors, my attention is getting drawn to Orange Challenger haha
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #41
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Hemi Orange nuff said, haha.

I am no Dodge fan, but like others said the Challenger just looks bad ass. Especially in Orange, If I was to see a 13 Mustang GT a, 13 Camaro and a 13 challenger coming down the road, if they are all in bright colors, my attention is getting drawn to Orange Challenger haha
I agree.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #42
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
My bet on the rise in Challenger sales is the SRT8 CORE, idk how long this has been an option but its the 6.4 starting at 40k vs the 45k the SRT8 has been.

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #43
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
GM will have to pull some serious magic vodoo out to ever sell a camaro as well as the 10-13's sold.
Not magic. Just a good designer. The new stingray is very well done and a great looking car.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #44
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
Quote:

I guess I'm one of the few on here that likes the 2014 refresh. The 1LE looks awesome. My only request: GIVE US A NICE TRUE BLUE (Laguna blue would do the trick)

cmon fbodfather - YOU CAN DO IT!!!
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #45
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
My eyes are going on the rally yellow camaro sorry! I like the look of the 13 mustang's and the challengers sales increase I think is because they will stop making them soon. So last call for a new nice looking Challenger with 0 miles . When I went to a Dodge dealer to look a the camaros they had they were telling me that they can give me the 2013 Challenger srt for cheaper than a new 2012 camaro ss that they had on their Chevy lot. Then I said no he left for a minute and cameback with his sales manager that was telling me I will regret not getting a Challenger because they will be collector cars unlike the camaro because they will stop making them. The sales person didn't know the price of the set but was promising he will beat the SS price then he pull the price tag out the window and was like oh nevermind the tag . I was like why is it 50 thousand and he said 52,000 yikes I laugh when he said yikes but his manager was like let him go because Chevy runs deep in him.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #46
AZCamaroFan
Coming Soon

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
I guess I'm one of the few on here that likes the 2014 refresh. The 1LE looks awesome. My only request: GIVE US A NICE TRUE BLUE (Laguna blue would do the trick)

cmon fbodfather - YOU CAN DO IT!!!
speaking of blue , i saw a Challenger yesterday, not sure which model year, and it had this color, it was just a bit lighter than Aqua Blue, and with more metallic. darn did it look good, even better than the picture
Attached Images

AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #47
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Nice
Old 05-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #48
Joco28

Drives: Black 2012 ZL1 #1772
i sense there will be a sharp decline with the introduction of the 2014 model year
Joco28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #49
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Wow the Challenger has really been picking up sales with no major changes to apperance. Im glad to see it! I love my Mustang, and my Camaro. but those Challengers demand your attention when you drive by one. If the wife wasnt all "more kids, more kids!" I would have a 392 Challenger parked next to the Stang and Camaro.

I think the 14 Camaro will see initial sales go up, and then drop off pretty steeply after the first few months. Although the refresh is tolerable, it just dosent have the POP that the 10-13 still have. Ford won the refresh battle in looks this time; although sales diffrence between the two will probably stay the same or get even a little closer. Lets face it though, as much as i love the S197 mustangs its almost 10 years old and is very played out. The Camaro even with a not so good refresh is still new enough to out sell the compitition. GM will have to pull some serious magic vodoo out to ever sell a camaro as well as the 10-13's sold. I hope they have something stunning planned for the 6th gen; because from how things sound, Ford is really going to drop the ball with the new 6th gen "World" (all that means is european, and not american) Mustang.
I feel that the chally isn't nice looking at all I would rather have a mustang
forgive me Camaro brothers for thy have sinned...
Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #50
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
As ugly as the '14 camaros are the rustang is still uglier. The chally is gorgeous but let's see where the refreshes on those go. As long as camaro sales stay strong I'm ok. If it stops selling, we lose it.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote