Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
Da Mammer
 
Drives: 2010 camaro SS LSXFoFiddyFo
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 189
What kind of asking price for my car?..

So I've got that itch again and have pondered selling my car for something different, but I don't know how much to ask so I'm asking you fellow fifth gen guys what you think it's worth. So here we go.

2010 Camaro 2SS
Inferno orange metallic, with sunroof, upgraded two tone interior and sound system, non RS, 6-speed, 31,xxx miles on body. But here we go with the good stuff

Aftermarket list and roughly what I paid (i know you never get what you paid for out of it so no need to lecture):
~$1800 ARH 1.875" primary headers w/ High flow cats, X-Pipe
~$500 Hotchkis rear subframe brace
~$400 LSR aluminum toe rod & aluminum trailing arm
~$400 SLP blackwing cold air intake
~$300 SLP 25% underdrive pulley
$200 SLP loudmouth 1 axle back
$20 SLP skipshift eliminator

$9300 Lsx 454 crate engine w/48000 miles or 1.5 year engine warranty left.
$600 Nick Williams 102 throttle body
$1000 FAST LSXr/LS7 intake
$1800 LPE 8 bolt flywheel & LPE ZR1 clutch

Car laid 515hp and 475ft-lbs on a mustang dyno.

So how much you think it's worth?
Attached Images
 
__________________
LSXTC
Da Mammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
Silverlsinva


 
Silverlsinva's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manassas, Va
Posts: 3,134
Is this thing street legal to drive where emissions aren't a concern.?
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Da Mammer
 
Drives: 2010 camaro SS LSXFoFiddyFo
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
Is this thing street legal to drive where emissions aren't a concern.?
It has high flow cats but no mufflers so I'd say check your local laws about emissions and noise ordinances too.. Cuz it's freagin loud, but it is inspected in pa where there is no emissions.
__________________
LSXTC
Da Mammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
MBS

 
MBS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,750
Yah I say it is worth my car, wanna trade? LOL
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,743
I got you a dollar

Well that answered my question on another thread about fitting a motor like that in there
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
Da Mammer
 
Drives: 2010 camaro SS LSXFoFiddyFo
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post

Well that answered my question on another thread about fitting a motor like that in there
You need a special slave cylinder/clutch/flywheel for the lsx 454, and an FYI the springs aren't meant for the extra 80ish pounds from the iron block, so it squats a little bit.. But it doesn't bother me
__________________
LSXTC
Da Mammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 6,100
It's so difficult to price a heavily modded car, without bringing personal opinion into it. Assuming everything is tight and right, it's probably worth $40K but only to someone who really wants what your car offers. Not sure you will get that for it. As you know, it's really hard to get anywhere near what mods cost.
__________________
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99
CAI Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes
RX Catch Can
Husky Splash Guards
Heritage Grille
Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs
Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges
Emblem Pros Custom Retro SS Kickplates
Emblem Pros Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #8
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding
 
two_wheel_mayhem's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,868
I think you should offer it to me for 10 dollars.............and SOLD!!!!!!!!!

No really I'd probably start at 10k above NADA clean trade value and it's gonna be hard to sell period. Anyone that wants a true bad ass car that's built to last though, should know it's cheaper to buy them than build them.
__________________
Nice vehicles with mods.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 12,615
What the last two members said is about right.
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #10
Da Mammer
 
Drives: 2010 camaro SS LSXFoFiddyFo
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
It's so difficult to price a heavily modded car, without bringing personal opinion into it. Assuming everything is tight and right, it's probably worth $40K but only to someone who really wants what your car offers. Not sure you will get that for it. As you know, it's really hard to get anywhere near what mods cost.
I know its hard to price thats why im trying the crowdsource method. Someone wants what a z/28 offers and a zl1 offers, so I figured maybe someone wouldn't mind a car that can outdo both in a straight line and for a bit cheaper price. ..and apparently it's worth about 23k to some member here that PMed me about buying it lol
__________________
LSXTC
Da Mammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #11
shockandawe

 
Drives: 2006 LeMans Blue C6 Vette
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,300
Mods are a detriment when it comes time to selling, remove them and sell separately. The car is worth about 24k without them.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 6,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Mammer View Post
I know its hard to price thats why im trying the crowdsource method. Someone wants what a z/28 offers and a zl1 offers, so I figured maybe someone wouldn't mind a car that can outdo both in a straight line and for a bit cheaper price. ..and apparently it's worth about 23k to some member here that PMed me about buying it lol
You said 31K miles "on the body". How many on the engine, etc.? $23K is a serious low-ball but, I don't know if you could get much over $30K. I'm sure it runs fast, but to someone who wants to drive it regularly on the street it's a four year old car, so.... I wish you luck getting your investment back.
__________________
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99
CAI Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes
RX Catch Can
Husky Splash Guards
Heritage Grille
Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs
Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges
Emblem Pros Custom Retro SS Kickplates
Emblem Pros Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #13
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,066
Hmm....that's going to be a tuff one. You'll probably find someone to buy it but it will probably take longer than and stock or slightly modded one would. I think a good chunk of people (me included) would be nervous about buying it with that motor. Eventually you'll find someone that will have no issue with it though.

I would say try $35k for a little while and see what happens. You can always go down in price....you can never go up. It also sounds like you're probably in no hurry so that will help.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #14
Blackkaz04
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS SOLD
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 599
I would venture to guess somewhere around 33-34k......
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #15
Da Mammer
 
Drives: 2010 camaro SS LSXFoFiddyFo
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
Mods are a detriment when it comes time to selling, remove them and sell separately. The car is worth about 24k without them.
Can't remove them. My stock ls3 has a hole in the block and I'm not paying 8k for another one. If I was to sell it like that I'd pull the motor and trans and part out the body for a copo wannabe.

there is 2k miles on the engine, clutch and intake parts. And as far as age what does that matter anymore these days, you can have a brand new 60 year old car. I'm not looking to get all of my investment back if I would sell it obviously I'd want to go for the largest chunk I could get but again if I were to sell it there would be no rush and I could wait for say... Camaro nationals to roll around with a for sale sticker to find the right buyer for it. Even then idk if I want to let it go. Just have that itch of if something comes along that I can't pass up, if I were to sell it a round about how much I could get. I realize it is a strict group of people that would be interested but I don't get how people are saying it 4 years old and modified DEvalue it?
Da Mammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #16
MBS

 
MBS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Mammer View Post
Can't remove them. My stock ls3 has a hole in the block and I'm not paying 8k for another one. If I was to sell it like that I'd pull the motor and trans and part out the body for a copo wannabe.

there is 2k miles on the engine, clutch and intake parts. And as far as age what does that matter anymore these days, you can have a brand new 60 year old car. I'm not looking to get all of my investment back if I would sell it obviously I'd want to go for the largest chunk I could get but again if I were to sell it there would be no rush and I could wait for say... Camaro nationals to roll around with a for sale sticker to find the right buyer for it. Even then idk if I want to let it go. Just have that itch of if something comes along that I can't pass up, if I were to sell it a round about how much I could get. I realize it is a strict group of people that would be interested but I don't get how people are saying it 4 years old and modified DEvalue it?
If you ask $40K for your car which I am sure it is worth to you at least, Then you are looking at a Brand new 2013-14 2SS for the same price or close to it , maybe 1-2 K more , Myself I am taking the brand spanking new car smell and Modding it how I want it The fact is your car is 4 years old now ,,the 2014's will be out very soon , I would sell all your mods then sell your car for the 22-26 range ,Seems like Mods retain about half to 2/3 rds of their value . So you will recoup alot of that back , Good Luck man
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #17
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder
 
christianchevell's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,252
I would take the price of a used good condition 2010 and add 5K for half your mods....consider it would have a engine anyway.....and having the 454 is a bonus and some of the mods have had to come due to the engine swap.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.