Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
DagoCountyGee

Drives: 2013 BRM Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Did you get a oiled or dry filter?

I'm gonna get a Rotofab cai. For those of you that have an intake did you get an oiled or dry and why?
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Apex Chase

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Oiled filters are superior in every way; filtration, air flow, and longevity. Fear of the oil harming your MAF sensor is really the only argument for a dry filter and that is not a very good one. That sort of thing is typically a user error that can be avoided by simply following the instructions.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I personally got the Injen CAI with a dry filter because I didn't want to mess with washing, drying and re-oiling a filter. All I have to do is vacuum or blow it out with a low pressure air nozzle. If it is that dirty I will order another Amzoil dry filter for it.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
Lacpac
CAI, MRT 2.0, Ported TB

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 RS, Crystal Red Tint
Dry. Like the technology behind the Donaldson Powercore dry filter.
Catch more dirt... More airflow. ... smaller contaminants than oiled filters. Sold with Volant cai kits but you can add the filter to any cai.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
CamaroGang_BANGBANG

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Oiled filters are superior in every way; filtration, air flow, and longevity. Fear of the oil harming your MAF sensor is really the only argument for a dry filter and that is not a very good one. That sort of thing is typically a user error that can be avoided by simply following the instructions.
CamaroGang_BANGBANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
bionick

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
If you don't coat it in oil and follow the directions like chase said, you will be fine. Much better investment. Not sure how long they usually last but I know k&n has 100k mile warranty on their filters so I'm sure other brands are roughly the same.

K&N typhoon CAI, SLP Loudmouth 2, Vmax CNC Ported TB, Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe, Resonator delete, Solo Performance High Flow Cats, IPF Tune, Elite Engineering Catch Can.
Factory Reproductions 20x10 ZL1 Satin Replica wheels, Nitto Motivo 275/40r20, 6000K HID kit, Hurst Shift Knob, GM Shifter Boot, Diode Dynamics Stage 3 LED Fog Lights, Blacked out Tail Lights/Side Markers, Vinyl Side Gills, Rally Stripes, Black Bowties.

Last edited by bionick; 12-18-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Typo
bionick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #7
bionick

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Oops I mean 1 million mile

K&N typhoon CAI, SLP Loudmouth 2, Vmax CNC Ported TB, Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe, Resonator delete, Solo Performance High Flow Cats, IPF Tune, Elite Engineering Catch Can.
Factory Reproductions 20x10 ZL1 Satin Replica wheels, Nitto Motivo 275/40r20, 6000K HID kit, Hurst Shift Knob, GM Shifter Boot, Diode Dynamics Stage 3 LED Fog Lights, Blacked out Tail Lights/Side Markers, Vinyl Side Gills, Rally Stripes, Black Bowties.
bionick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #8
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
I'm gonna get a Rotofab cai. For those of you that have an intake did you get an oiled or dry and why?
Oiled. Cheaper, better filtration/airflow. Not concerned about over-oiling.
Wishlist: VMax Ported TB -- Dash ABL -- Footwell/Cupholder/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote