Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
Ricamaro

Drives: RocketZed Red13
DI Resin

I have a CR SPOTLESS De-Ionizing Spotless Water System (Costco), and I'm on my second batch of resin.

Replacement Resin seems to be like Toner Cartridges for Printers; Expensive and the Manufacturers/Suppliers really cash in.

http://www.costco.com/CR-SPOTLESS-De....11751992.html

Research has led me to the possibility of Regeneration of the resin by using Lye and Muriatic Acid, but I'd rather avoid the hassle and danger.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...s-*resin*.html

Is there a company that sells regenerated resin (like reman. toner cartridges) as well as take in the used stuff?

I'd rather recycle and not toss for economic and environmental reasons.
Ricamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
doubt it, the people that would need this service is a very very small group of people vs the people that could use a printer ink service is pretty much everyone.

I've never heard of anything like that for DI resin, sorry :(

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Look for a local water treatment system dealer. DI beds are common in industry and are used in medical facilities as well. We use DI beds where I work and we simply exchange the beds with a supplier and they do the cleaning process. They may not do an exchange for you if they are certified as these are used for medical purposes and they can't afford contamination from an unknown source. But they may sell you resin or assist you in finding a better source. These are normally used in conjunction with an Reverse Osmosis system that precleans the water.