Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Speed2acer
 
Speed2acer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2RS/SS Summit White/Inferno
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wildomar, Ca
Posts: 155
Send a message via Skype™ to Speed2acer
My UPS driver has set up an intervention...

Ok guys I think I need help. My garage is full of boxes from assorted vendors. Grills, Lights, wiring harnesses, body panels, paint 16 boxes total as of today. I am waiting for the last to arrive before I start my build. To my cerit I have already installed the new Kenwood system and misc other items that I purchsed when I first bought my ride. Im going to document the process as best as I can. If anyone has any tips please send them my way.

STAY TUNED

On the other side, I will have a ton of misc items that I will be either placing on the Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways section or sales ( rims ). so keep an open eye.
__________________
Speed2acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Macky
 
Macky's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS, Garnet Red Tintcoat
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Walker, LA
Posts: 605
__________________
Drives 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 1SS Auto; 1969 Le Mans Blue Camaro Convertible
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream
 
carrs_crew's Avatar
 
Drives: sold
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Good Land
Posts: 418
I am on a first name basis with both the ups and FedEx guys.
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
RatRacer
 
RatRacer's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Synergy Green LS 15 Colorado Z71
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 397
Lol! Both my work and home delivery drivers are #2 and #3 speed dials on my phone, behind the wife of course.
RatRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 17,910
I'm being nicer to U.S.P.S. people lately. Everything I've ordered lately get's "sureposted" everytime and I get to drive to the post office to pick my shit up. What do we need UPS or FedEx delivery drivers for anymore?
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #6
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701
 
KaBoom1701's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: I.E. SoCal (Yucaipa)
Posts: 7,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2acer View Post
Ok guys I think I need help. My garage is full of boxes from assorted vendors. Grills, Lights, wiring harnesses, body panels, paint 16 boxes total as of today. I am waiting for the last to arrive before I start my build. To my cerit I have already installed the new Kenwood system and misc other items that I purchsed when I first bought my ride. Im going to document the process as best as I can. If anyone has any tips please send them my way.

STAY TUNED

On the other side, I will have a ton of misc items that I will be either placing on the Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways section or sales ( rims ). so keep an open eye.

lol sweet. Mom lives in Wildomar. I'll swing by when your done and listen to your tunes!
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #7
Elykson
Custom One Off
 
Elykson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I'm being nicer to U.S.P.S. people lately. Everything I've ordered lately get's "sureposted" everytime and I get to drive to the post office to pick my shit up. What do we need UPS or FedEx delivery drivers for anymore?
The UPS driver delivers your sure post packages to the USPS.
__________________
Vararam Intake/SLP Loud Mouth II/BBK LT HFC/Magnaflow x-pipe/Pfadt Springs/Black Ice-olator/FE3 suspension/VMAX TB/RX catch can/Trifecta Tune
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129416
Elykson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 17,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elykson View Post
The UPS driver delivers your sure post packages to the USPS.
Yes, but what about the convenience of getting packages delivered to my front door like back in the day?

I have not got a single package delivered to my door since November of 2012 and I have placed over 15 orders since then. Everything is shipped "economy surepost" but I still get hit up for the shipping at the to my door price. USPS is 20 minutes away from my house, gas is not free.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:17 AM   #9
kosmo
Waiting Patiently
 
kosmo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS - Will Order 2017 SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: St. Marys, OH
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Yes, but what about the convenience of getting packages delivered to my front door like back in the day?

I have not got a single package delivered to my door since November of 2012 and I have placed over 15 orders since then. Everything is shipped "economy surepost" but I still get hit up for the shipping at the to my door price. USPS is 20 minutes away from my house, gas is not free.
One advantage of living in small town USA! SurePost packages are dropped off at the house by my regular mail carrier!
kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #10
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmo View Post
One advantage of living in small town USA! SurePost packages are dropped off at the house by my regular mail carrier!
Not only do I get my packages dropped of at my house, but many other houses around me. Good neighbors always bring them to me.

If UPS/FedEx only had a device to read barcode, and something like a barcode sticker on the package, they could scan to make sure the package is at the correct location. This issue of delivery to the wrong house would never happen. I may start working on that today, in my spare time.
__________________
BMR Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #11
Blues45th
.........................
 
Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dunedin, Florida
Posts: 920
I'm a ups driver and we love our customers. Well I do at least. I have peeps on my route I see every day. And yes sure post is ups then USPS but we will be getting a lot of that work back. We have had issues with USPS and quality and care of service. And when people track they see us then nothing then delivery by them. So that should change for he better.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
Frid


 
Frid's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 3,483
The Fedex lady knows me pretty well from all the stuff I order along with the constant deliveries from Adam's each week haha.
__________________
Frid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
DFWZ28

 
DFWZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rockwall, TX
Posts: 1,319
you guys must have understanding wives....or single...both of what i wish i had.
__________________
DFWZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #14
csjcsj


 
csjcsj's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jefferson, Ga
Posts: 4,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Not only do I get my packages dropped of at my house, but many other houses around me. Good neighbors always bring them to me.

If UPS/FedEx only had a device to read barcode, and something like a barcode sticker on the package, they could scan to make sure the package is at the correct location. This issue of delivery to the wrong house would never happen. I may start working on that today, in my spare time.
We do! It's called a DIAD, if we are not close to said address the GPS will let you know you aren't at the right place!
__________________
csjcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.