Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5
 
Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,308
Tuneing Dilema, suggestions anyone?

So I have a stock l99 and I plan on doing my build this month. I have a YSI with upgrades, fuel system, id850s, driveline, and suspension parts sitting at my Dads just waiting. Problem is I'm missing one part.. the backordered 2" LT's from texas speed.

I don't want to wait any longer it could be months more before they get here and I don't want to pay for tuneing twice.. so what are my options?

Do I have to wait? Can it be tuned as if there were headers or would this throw off the afr too much? (I assume it does) Any other ideas?
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
blake-b

 
blake-b's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 1,542
Yes, you should wait until it is all together before getting a tune unless your tuner gives free or reduced re-tunes. The headers make a huge difference, especially with your other mods. You will essentially choking the engine using the stock manifolds with your parts.

Are you doing the install yourself? If so, go ahead and start and hopefully the headers will show up soon after. Then when the headers arrive, put them on. If you start installing, it will get rid of some of your anxiousness.

You could also cancel you TSP order and get headers elsewhere. Basic question is, what is the cost vs. how long you have to wait.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #3
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5
 
Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,308
I will be installing myself. Good idea about starting early anyway. I'll talk to Ted and see if he'll work something out with me. The cost is fantastic but they still haven't recieved a ETA from their manufacturer. If it's late may that'd work out alright but if it's mid june I will have to try and get a refund.

I don't suppose anyone has a set of 2" LT's I could borrow til then?
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.