Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nightowl LED
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 05-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #26
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 2014 SS sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
Metal heat soaks I've seen it, and cools down waaay slower than plastic tubes. I don't care how much coating is on them. But that's just me.

I've said that before and gotten bashed!
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #27
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm
ADM Race intake with scoop or the CAI unit are the 2 best for the V8 Camaro's. The ADM Race will net you slightly better performance in hot weather at speed as the scoop force feeds Ambient temp air quickly to the airbox to prevent any heat soak. ADM helped CAI with there airbox and if you look closely the airbox design is very similiar. ADM's street intake without the scoop is equal to the CAI.
The Vararam looks good but if you notice it goes over the top of the radiator allowing heat soak, this is very evident when the car is sitting still, as the heat rises it heat soaks the housing which yields you hotter IAT's which cost you power. It wasnt as evident during dyno testing since the hood was open letting heat escape.
Last year during the summer here in AZ I did a lot of hot weather testing a several cold air intake systems on several Camaros. The ADM race with scoop had the lowest IAT's of all the systems.

Tags
cai, cold air induction, mpg