Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
dafox2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro ZL1
Over Zealous Windshield Wiper

My driver side windshield wiper will all of a sudden get really hyper and wipe right off the driver side of the car and then get stuck. I have to roll the window down to push it back, and when I stop to push it back down then it works fine for a bit until it gets hyper again. Any ideas on the cause?
dafox2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Sftshldr
Beast Rider

Drives: 2013 Blk/Blk 1SS Auto
I don't know if left and right side wipers have a shared motor or not ... if not the left motor (driver's side) has "issues" and needs to be replaced before something extreme happens and you maybe get a scratched windshield or A column paint damage.

"Just looking fast is sometimes all it takes!!!"
Visit Beast's album and garage for the mod list.
Sftshldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: Camaro 2SS, Z06 Vette, ATS Turbo
Your wiper motor/transmission assembly is malfunctioning and needs replacing.

If you bring it to the dealer it should be a simple fix, with little to no diagnosing required, that's if they can duplicate the condition.

2013 Cadillac ATS, Black, 2.0L Turbo, Luxury package, 20" Strada's, Pirelli Pzeros, 5% tint.

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, K&N CAI, JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint.

2011 Z06 Corvette Black, LS7, Borla Cat Back, 5% tint.
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafox2011 View Post
My driver side windshield wiper will all of a sudden get really hyper and wipe right off the driver side of the car and then get stuck. I have to roll the window down to push it back, and when I stop to push it back down then it works fine for a bit until it gets hyper again. Any ideas on the cause?
Greetings dafox2011,

Sincerest apologies for the wiper concern. I know it's frustrating in your attempts to alleviate the issue. I'd like to schedule an official diagnosis for you at your local GM dealership. Feel free to PM me regarding this matter.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windhield wiper