Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
peaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Is the SLP loudmouth 1 worth it?

I currently have kooks headers with a cat delete and a corsa catback exhaust. If I put on a SLP loudmouth 1 axleback on, I know it would give me a little more airflow, but would it make it louder? And if it does make it louder, would I lose that nice exhaust note that comes from the corsa system?
peaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
spyder

Drives: 2010 V6 | M6
Loudmouth is basically straight pipes. Im sure it will be louder you will loose the exhaust note but since you have a SS it will still sound good.

- They call it the black panther.

2010 Camaro LLT
2008 Yamaha WR250X
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
If you want it LOUD, that would be it. It's loud with stock manifolds and OEM cats. You're running LT's with no cats.

As with most questions on this site, your answer can be found either by searching or in a sticky. There's a nice exhaust sound sticky that i'm sure you could find what you're looking for.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
Rabamaro

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
If you want it LOUD, that would be it. It's loud with stock manifolds and OEM cats. You're running LT's with no cats.

As with most questions on this site, your answer can be found either by searching or in a sticky. There's a nice exhaust sound sticky that i'm sure you could find what you're looking for.
+1. It'd probably sound pretty raspy with LTs and no mufflers. You could always just do a muffler delete for $100-150 and see how you like it. That way if you don't like it, you're not out all that much.
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, Night Fury cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune, 498 whp/470 tq
Rabamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corsa cat back exhaust, exhaust, kooks headers, slp loudmouth 1