Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:26 AM   #1
camarocruzer
Learning more each day

Drives: White 2014 2SS/RS Coupe
Navigation

There isn't a way to get your navigation and directions from your iPhone 5S to appear on the MyLink screen is there?

Currently, if I have directions going on, I will either:

Use my iPhone and have it announce the directions via the car's speakers -- but it will not show on the video screen.

Or, I will use the OnStar Directions and Connections (that is a free trial). Problem with this one is that it will not auto-reroute fast enough and it relies on voice commands to "say yes" to auto-rerouting which is annoying.

Sort of unrelated -- with the OnStar app on the phone, I can choose to either "Send to Turn by Turn" or "Send to In-Dash Nav"......I am still figuring out how those two are different, but one of them uses the maps on the dash -- which suck.

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals
camarocruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
If you use the OnStar app, "send to turn-by turn" sends the map info to the DIC screen and uses that as the navigation device. If you choose "send to in-dash nav" it will send the navigation information to the My Link navigation screen.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
camarocruzer
Learning more each day

Drives: White 2014 2SS/RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
If you use the OnStar app, "send to turn-by turn" sends the map info to the DIC screen and uses that as the navigation device. If you choose "send to in-dash nav" it will send the navigation information to the My Link navigation screen.
Oh I see -- see, the mylink navigation is nasty -- that's what I don't like. Back in like 2009 when I had my Grand Prix GXP, I had the same nav system and it was horrible then! I just don't like how you can't pan, zoom, etc as intuitively as on the iPhone or even Android phones.

OnStar navigation (turn by turn) is definitely awesome. I would like to see the iPhone directions be able to be ported to the car -- that would be nice.

But I still have my phone's navigation which is great, so I think that when my onstar trial ends, I will jsut go to the "safe and sound" plan.

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals
camarocruzer is offline   Reply With Quote