Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

USA - New England MA, CT, ME, NH, RI, VT

Old 08-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
terry_b

Drives: 2010 Synergy Special Edition
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Help me relocate?

So I thought I'd put this out to the ever helpful Camaro5 community. In October last year I started working in Marlborough, MA. I live in Norwich, CT. Since I started, I've been making the 70+ mile commute to work and I've looked into moving, but the outlook hasn't been too favorable.

I bought my house about 3 years ago and refinanced last year. I have a VA loan, about $198k, 2.75% - so good terms and I love the house. But I spend over an hour on the interstate each way to/from work and I spend about $550 per month on fuel... not to mention I've put close to 10k more miles on the Camaro in the last 8 months!

Does anybody have any good leads in northern CT? I can't fathom moving from my 3 bedroom house w/ detached garage to an apartment so I'd be looking for something similar. Something around 1200 sq.ft. in the $200k range. I could see myself renting also, but it would have to be a great set-up. What are good towns near I-395?

Also, I would need to either sell my house (to regain my VA entitlement, and buy another house) or rent it out. I'm a little wary of renting, as I've seen/heard of some nightmare tenants. Are there any good CT realtors on here willing to give me a hand? I'll PM my address to anyone who expresses interest. I live near enough to the Navy base I could probably find a tenant pretty easily, but I've never done anything like this before.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Check out Zillow.com, lots of good info when shopping for homes. You can even see what's said about your existing house.