Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Th3Beast
 
Th3Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #659
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 99
Dyno time last night

Finally was able to get some dyno time last night with Formato to tweak my street tune and to make me a road course tune as well. Also did some shake down runs on the dyno to build some heat... trying to simulate some corners and what not on a road course... IAT2's held strong at 104* while the air was 120+ at the intake. Definitely happy about that. One flat tire later on the dyno... FML (thanks to the guys at Proven Power for plugging it for me).... and he got a nice solid 11.7-11.8 A/F to redline and the car put down 670hp and 622tq. I'll take it!

Mods:
ID 1000cc injectors
Ported Blower and Snout by Formato
9.6 lower pulley and stock upper
Spring and retainers
Custom Comp Cam
Kooks headers
Air Araid Intake
160 degree Thermostat
D3 Performance Engineering custom heat exchanger and reservoir


Run file 006 is where we ended it.
Th3Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Drew P
 
Drew P's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 233
I see you used D3PE's h/x setup. Do you have any pics of the install? Any complaints?
Drew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
ZL1terminator
 
ZL1terminator's Avatar
 
Drives: Pearl white, 2010 Premium GTR
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 103
Flywheel I presume, or one very generous dyno!
ZL1terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
ZL1terminator
 
ZL1terminator's Avatar
 
Drives: Pearl white, 2010 Premium GTR
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 103
Just read that back to myself and sounded like a dick haha, I was just wondering lol
ZL1terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
ace32x
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: puyallup
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1terminator View Post
Just read that back to myself and sounded like a dick haha, I was just wondering lol
no thats wheel. thats about right for a cam a lower pulley and a ported blower.
__________________
2013 victory red zl1, 2012 1500 silverado, 95 nissan 240sx 383 ls1 11:1 stroker dart 225 heads ms4 cam fast 102 manifold ;D
ace32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
hognutz


 
hognutz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: tangent or
Posts: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1terminator View Post
Flywheel I presume, or one very generous dyno!
18% pulley, cai, longtubes, porting, custom cam sounds about right too me. give or take depending on the dyno. cam wakes these car up. even the LS9 cam is good for 35whp or so.
__________________
2013 ZL1 10%lower,rotfab,90mmtb,SP headers
(president of the tangent oregon trophy husband association, founding and only member)
2013 Dart
2013 Megacab 8" lift 38"mt's
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
thespymaster


 
thespymaster's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: G4 CLASSIFIED
Posts: 4,645
Good numbers, now go make some passes on the strip
__________________
2014 C7 Stingray 3LT/Z51
2013 Camaro SS
2012 Camaro ZL1 - 850 HP
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
Th3Beast
 
Th3Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #659
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
I see you used D3PE's h/x setup. Do you have any pics of the install? Any complaints?
No pics of the install sorry. Previous owner had mods done. I was skeptical about the setup at first, but when I researched it further and saw it had a reservoir tank and upgraded pump I felt a little better. Seems to do the job pretty well though. Keeps similar temps as my buddies dual pass h/x on his CTS-V. Don't you have that kit on your car? I seem to remember your screen name when I was searching for info about it. Only thing I don't like is there is no easy/clean way of flushing the old fluid out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
Good numbers, now go make some passes on the road course
^^^ Fixed for ya
Th3Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #9
Th3Beast
 
Th3Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #659
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
18% pulley, cai, longtubes, porting, custom cam sounds about right too me. give or take depending on the dyno. cam wakes these car up. even the LS9 cam is good for 35whp or so.
True story. The LSA cam is SUPER mild. The dyno I was on is probably one of more truer reading ones in my area.
Th3Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #10
ZL1terminator
 
ZL1terminator's Avatar
 
Drives: Pearl white, 2010 Premium GTR
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 103
I have a lot more work done and heads and hit 661whp on safe 91oct tune! That's why I was wondering, I could care less about the number! Its how fast it is to 1320' is all I care about for my projects! Enjoy brotha! :-)
ZL1terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #11
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,079
Log the IAT2's on the 1/4 mile to see how high they get. Very impressed so far!

RX Superchiller would put the temps on avg 20-40* F below HE temps if interested.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #12
Drew P
 
Drew P's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 233
Yes, i have the same setup on my Z. It was the prototype. Just curious how it is working out for others.
Drew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #13
TrekGTO

 
TrekGTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St Pete Fl
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Beast View Post
Finally was able to get some dyno time last night with Formato to tweak my street tune and to make me a road course tune as well. Also did some shake down runs on the dyno to build some heat... trying to simulate some corners and what not on a road course... IAT2's held strong at 104* while the air was 120+ at the intake. Definitely happy about that. One flat tire later on the dyno... FML (thanks to the guys at Proven Power for plugging it for me).... and he got a nice solid 11.7-11.8 A/F to redline and the car put down 670hp and 622tq. I'll take it!

Mods:
ID 1000cc injectors
Ported Blower and Snout by Formato
9.6 lower pulley and stock upper
Spring and retainers
Custom Comp Cam
Kooks headers
Air Araid Intake
160 degree Thermostat
D3 Performance Engineering custom heat exchanger and reservoir
That's good results for passive intercooler!
You should come by St Pete for free installation of our Super Chiller and $100 discount, that's $799 OUT THE DOOR for the original competition Super Chiller! Noting available will compare to our results and quality for low IATs.
__________________

ORIGINAL SUPER CHILLER Since 09
ACTIVE INTERCHILLER.com
FACEBOOK
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.