Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,502
Corsa Exhaust Installed on L99 (video)

Got my Corsa Exhaust installed today...

First Class system... Very quiet when crusing, but really opens up and gets loud when you get on it.

For those who had questions about AFM. You can ever so slightly hear the difference when AFM kicks in at highway speeds, but you have to really listen close and know what you are listening for...a very low AFM groan driving slow at 1800 rpm.

Simply a sweet system








Attached Images
    

Last edited by mlee; 12-10-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Added Resonator Pics
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
Brian2SS/RS
Giggity
 
Brian2SS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bladenboro, NC
Posts: 342
Where did you order from?
Brian2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
GMtothecore
"That Guy"
 
GMtothecore's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
Posts: 2,402
Sounds good....is it a complete system, and how much were the parts and installation?
__________________
GMtothecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2SS/RS View Post
Where did you order from?
Hennessey... I also got their CAI installed today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMtothecore View Post
Sounds good....is it a complete system, and how much were the parts and installation?
Whoops forgot to add that... Catback only....
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
Luny
 
Drives: Future Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LI NY
Posts: 141
did u install it urself?
Luny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
Brian2SS/RS
Giggity
 
Brian2SS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bladenboro, NC
Posts: 342
Ok, just asking. Called to get a quote today and told they could ship one in till middle of july but i thought it was a good price $1250
Brian2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
Brian2SS/RS
Giggity
 
Brian2SS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bladenboro, NC
Posts: 342
sorry, could'nt ship one.
Brian2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #8
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luny View Post
did u install it urself?
They installed it also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2SS/RS View Post
Ok, just asking. Called to get a quote today and told they could ship one in till middle of july but i thought it was a good price $1250
Sounds about right... I just happened to be visiting their shop and heard they had a few systems on the way. I got one reserved on the spot...

Mid July is not that far off in terms of Camaro waiting times... but I think we have all lost our patience now...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #9
Sales@Hennessey

 
Sales@Hennessey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 622
Send a message via AIM to Sales@Hennessey
Mike:

It was a pleasure to have you at the shop today and to be able to do the installation on your vehicle. Sounds better now huh?

We have the Corsa's instock for the Manual at this time, we do not have anymore automatics instock. Cold Air Intakes will be about 2 days out from day of order due to the EXTREME demand we are experencing since the release of the heat shield!

This exhaust and intake will make you so fast, unless your always sitting on the side of the road so cops can hear it!
Sales@Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #10
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Hennessey View Post
This exhaust and intake will make you so fast, unless your always sitting on the side of the road so cops can hear it!
The price of my exhaust was higher than most... Very 1st romp on it... It's just not fair...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #11
Sales@Hennessey

 
Sales@Hennessey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 622
Send a message via AIM to Sales@Hennessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
The price of my exhaust was higher than most... Very 1st romp on it... It's just not fair...
Totally agree its not fair man....
Sales@Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:21 PM   #12
Musclebee
 
Musclebee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS Delivered on 4/23
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 232
Sounds great, mine was the prototype for the L99, I really like the sound of the exhaust.
Musclebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #13
GMtothecore
"That Guy"
 
GMtothecore's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
Posts: 2,402
what??? you got a ticket right after the exhaust was put on?
__________________
GMtothecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #14
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMtothecore View Post
what??? you got a ticket right after the exhaust was put on?
Dude... I left the Hennessey parking lot... gave it "some" gas to check out the new sound for the first time and IMMEDIATELY got pulled over.

I think Hennessey gets a cut...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #15
Sales@Hennessey

 
Sales@Hennessey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 622
Send a message via AIM to Sales@Hennessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Dude... I left the Hennessey parking lot... gave it "some" gas to check out the new sound for the first time and IMMEDIATELY got pulled over.

I think Hennessey gets a cut...
I think it should be clarifed that you got pulled over for speed and not the sound of the exhaust!

We definitely dont get cuts, but we need to get you a Hennessey Shirt for next time you leave like that, may have a different result
Sales@Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #16
The Crow13
 
The Crow13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Yellow, 6spd
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: El Paso, Tx
Posts: 5
Corsa is the best option?

Just a quick question I just got my Camaro 2 wks ago, its the 6 speed V8 and I am still trying to figure out what exhaust is the best option and sound without breaking my bank cause I had to pay 5000 over sticker just to get it.
Dont get me wrong well worth it in my case, but what do you think I should install?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Hennessey View Post
Mike:

It was a pleasure to have you at the shop today and to be able to do the installation on your vehicle. Sounds better now huh?

We have the Corsa's instock for the Manual at this time, we do not have anymore automatics instock. Cold Air Intakes will be about 2 days out from day of order due to the EXTREME demand we are experencing since the release of the heat shield!

This exhaust and intake will make you so fast, unless your always sitting on the side of the road so cops can hear it!
The Crow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #17
Sales@Hennessey

 
Sales@Hennessey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 622
Send a message via AIM to Sales@Hennessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow13 View Post
Just a quick question I just got my Camaro 2 wks ago, its the 6 speed V8 and I am still trying to figure out what exhaust is the best option and sound without breaking my bank cause I had to pay 5000 over sticker just to get it.
Dont get me wrong well worth it in my case, but what do you think I should install?
At this time its unfair to say with the Camaro as I have not heard the magnaflow. We offer both options to our customers because they offer two unique sounds for most owners.
Sales@Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #18
Mod007
 
Mod007's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin TX,
Posts: 475
Thats the first close up I've seen
__________________
Camaro SS/RS Corsa Catback
Mod007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #19
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2SS/RS View Post
Ok, just asking. Called to get a quote today and told they could ship one in till middle of july but i thought it was a good price $1250
Says $1450 on their site
__________________
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #20
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMtothecore View Post
Sounds good....is it a complete system, and how much were the parts and installation?
I paid $1450... plus $250 for install of both CAI and Exhaust... plus a $200 speeding ticket
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #21
SubSolar
 
SubSolar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Corvette, 1987 Buick GN
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Corona, California
Posts: 191
Does the AFM kick ever kick in when you start it up or are if you are just slowly moving around? I don't mind if it kicks in on the freeway when you have the cruise control on but I don't want to sound like a ricer when I'm cruising in a parking lot or something!
SubSolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #22
drewauby5
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 136
Paid $983 for magnaflow street series cat back, got it in yesterday, will install this weekend, can't wait to hear the new sound of the V8!!
__________________
2SS/RS IBM gray interior/sunroof, MN6, white rally stripes, ordered 4/2 to be delivered 6/20 Vin #13322!!
drewauby5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #23
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSolar View Post
Does the AFM kick ever kick in when you start it up or are if you are just slowly moving around? I don't mind if it kicks in on the freeway when you have the cruise control on but I don't want to sound like a ricer when I'm cruising in a parking lot or something!
You will barely hear it with this system... Definitely NOT during start or idle. But slow driving 20-30 mph (1800 rpm) it will kick in. Does NOT sound like a ricer at ANY point... usually hear a very low groan but not noticeable. Higher speeds like on the highway (2000 rpm), almost can't tell at all...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:36 AM   #24
SubSolar
 
SubSolar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Corvette, 1987 Buick GN
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Corona, California
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You will barely hear it with this system... Definitely NOT during start or idle. But slow driving 20-30 mph (1800 rpm) it will kick in. Does NOT sound like a ricer at ANY point... usually hear a very low groan but not noticeable. Higher speeds like on the highway (2000 rpm), almost can't tell at all...
Good to hear, no pun intended.
SubSolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #25
Andro
NOICE!!! ™
 
Andro's Avatar
 
Drives: Force Fed 427
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: GOT BOOST?
Posts: 5,216
Sounds good
__________________
Andro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.