Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2013, 12:13 AM   #251
ApexedSS
 
ApexedSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Agreed,the streets would be the ultimate Go Kart track,and the big track is just awesome


Here ya go! Heres my GoPro at Streets of Willow. Streets is good for a change but Big Willow is where its at! 140 down the front straight is always a good rush in the Camaro 1:34xxx was my time but I know with just a good alignment I could have easily shaved off at least a second on this track just because its so tight
ApexedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #252
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexedSS View Post


Here ya go! Heres my GoPro at Streets of Willow. Streets is good for a change but Big Willow is where its at! 140 down the front straight is always a good rush in the Camaro 1:34xxx was my time but I know with just a good alignment I could have easily shaved off at least a second on this track just because its so tight
I have never seen the track ran backwards,that was interesting Dude, if you ran 1:34 in a car you are *ucking fast! my best time there when i was racing my bike was 1:28.77,and i know im fast.We used to go into #8 at 140 our knees would start dragging and we would exit at 150,that place is unreal.
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #253
ApexedSS
 
ApexedSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I have never seen the track ran backwards,that was interesting Dude, if you ran 1:34 in a car you are *ucking fast! my best time there when i was racing my bike was 1:28.77,and i know im fast.We used to go into #8 at 140 our knees would start dragging and we would exit at 150,that place is unreal.
140 on streets or Big willow??

And yea thanks haha. Like I said I was really surprised at how the stock car actually did on such a tight track. The best part was seeing the faces of all the import guys when they saw me keep up with them in the turn and flyby on the straights! Everyone thinks it's an American car that is only good in a straight line... I beg to differ
ApexedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #254
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,700
ran a 1:39.2 at big willow in june...miss my light weight wheels

1:34 on streets or big?
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #255
ApexedSS
 
ApexedSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
ran a 1:39.2 at big willow in june...miss my light weight wheels

1:34 on streets or big?
Nice! I ran a 1:45 at big willow. First trackday ever! Haha.

The 1:34 was at Streets Counter Clockwise

You did a 1:39 with the lightweight wheels?
ApexedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #256
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexedSS View Post
140 on streets or Big willow??

And yea thanks haha. Like I said I was really surprised at how the stock car actually did on such a tight track. The best part was seeing the faces of all the import guys when they saw me keep up with them in the turn and flyby on the straights! Everyone thinks it's an American car that is only good in a straight line... I beg to differ
My confusion,sorry,it was on the big track.
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #257
ApexedSS
 
ApexedSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
My confusion,sorry,it was on the big track.
Haha no worries that's what I thought... Used to have an R6 before the Camaro and I know 140 is pretty fast
ApexedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #258
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,839
Thats a nice bike,thats what i used to race,what year did you have? mine was 2001.
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #259
ApexedSS
 
ApexedSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Thats a nice bike,thats what i used to race,what year did you have? mine was 2001.
Never got mine on the track but ya thanks it was awesome! It was an 09. The white one with the red seat
ApexedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #260
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,839
Nice,man they sure got pricey.I actually still have mine,i made a deal with my racing buddy(he's head mechanic for Pasadena Yamaha)to put mine back to street legal,and i would paint his house.Well i painted it like 2 years ago,and my bike still isn't sold.
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #261
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexedSS View Post
Nice! I ran a 1:45 at big willow. First trackday ever! Haha.

The 1:34 was at Streets Counter Clockwise

You did a 1:39 with the lightweight wheels?
ya plus some engine and aero mods...stock suspension aside from solid subframe bushings. cant wait to go back with my coilovers
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #262
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 12,386
I pulled off a 1:50 at willow big track with bald tires on a hot day. Could have done a lot better with some decent tires.

Car was bone stock.
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #263
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,587
I'm signed up for the Roval next saturday on the 7th at Fontana. Anybody else planning on going?
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #264
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I'm signed up for the Roval next saturday on the 7th at Fontana. Anybody else planning on going?
Gonna do auto-x this time at Fontana....need new tires before Roval again...lol....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #265
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 12,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I'm signed up for the Roval next saturday on the 7th at Fontana. Anybody else planning on going?
nope, gonna try and make the one in November.
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #266
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team
 
VR Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 12,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Gonna do auto-x this time at Fontana....need new tires before Roval again...lol....
Me to, maybe Donnie.
__________________
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes /Magnaflow resonated X Pipe/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #267
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,700
trying to make it. we will see how my wallet feels after the 1st
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #268
Ryne @ CMS

 
Ryne @ CMS's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Camaro 1LE, 06 C6 z06, 07 Dmax
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexedSS View Post
Nice! I ran a 1:45 at big willow. First trackday ever! Haha.

The 1:34 was at Streets Counter Clockwise

You did a 1:39 with the lightweight wheels?
I have done a 1.34 at big willow in my 1le, frankly taking it easy
__________________
Ryne Cunningham
Cunningham Motorsports
Specializing In Late Model LSX Performance.
Shop#: (951)677-0716
www.Cunningham-Motorsports.com
Ryne-CMS@Hotmail.com
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #269
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,839
Hey Doug,i know i didn't explain it very good,so took a couple pic's of that rim i was telling you about.This is from my crash back in 2004 at Fontana.
Attached Images
   
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #270
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,727
Ouch, hate to be on the bike when that happened. I like those tires too, I have them on mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #271
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 12,386
Ouch man!
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #272
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,839
So i get an email at 4:00pm yesterday from Speedventures saying they need instructors for Sat.uuuhhhhhhh let me think about that,go to the race track, help others go fast,and earn track time,obviously i dont need to answer So im giving personal instruction to a guy from Canada in a turbo Porsche,thing was *ucking fast,man wish i could afford a supercharger.I saw Tom,and met DOC(DOC, i came over to your garage after i got done to say hey,but couldn't find you,car looked good though)Tom was running Autocross.

I took my 1LE out to show the beginner group,and although i didn't get any hot laps in i did hit hard a couple turns.I had the standard Pirelli P ZERO on as opposed to the Goodyear supercar tires,wow what a difference,now of course it was like 30 degrees difference from last month,but man it was slippery.

The reason i brought this thread back up was to see if any of this group is running in Nov? it's Nov 9-10 I have earned enough track credit that i will for sure be there,and it would be cool to own the garage again
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #273
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,700
I will be there. Trying to make the track day outside Reno that speed ventures is offering as well.

Edit: nevermind speed ventures is offering track time in parumph not outside Reno hahaha must have been another purveyor that had that track.

Now that summer is done really hoping to get back to doing two track weekends a month
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #274
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,839
Cool,what track are they running?
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #275
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
So i get an email at 4:00pm yesterday from Speedventures saying they need instructors for Sat.uuuhhhhhhh let me think about that,go to the race track, help others go fast,and earn track time,obviously i dont need to answer So im giving personal instruction to a guy from Canada in a turbo Porsche,thing was *ucking fast,man wish i could afford a supercharger.I saw Tom,and met DOC(DOC, i came over to your garage after i got done to say hey,but couldn't find you,car looked good though)Tom was running Autocross.

I took my 1LE out to show the beginner group,and although i didn't get any hot laps in i did hit hard a couple turns.I had the standard Pirelli P ZERO on as opposed to the Goodyear supercar tires,wow what a difference,now of course it was like 30 degrees difference from last month,but man it was slippery.

The reason i brought this thread back up was to see if any of this group is running in Nov? it's Nov 9-10 I have earned enough track credit that i will for sure be there,and it would be cool to own the garage again
Yeah it was nice meeting you too! I'm definitely planning on November. It was too freaking hot out there today, although I have to say the Michelin PSS tires are great. First time out on the track with them and even with the high track temps the tires were terrific at turn-in and steering feel. Much better grip than the Hankooks and they didn't get greasy like the Hankooks do when they get too hot.

I was running in the blue group and it was ridiculous. Way too many people in there who should still be in the white group. So much traffic and people who are slow and don't point you by that I couldn't get a single lap at full speed. Even with spending too much time coasting in 3rd gear behind people going into corners I still managed a 2:08 in the second session; and that was with not getting a point-by until the straight heading into turn 12.

I left at 12:30; just too hot for me. It was 100° in the garage in the shade and the hot part of the day was still ahead. I'm just getting too old to be sitting in the car with my helmet on in that kind of heat, waiting in the staging area to go out on the track lol.

I'm going to sign up for the black group next time. I know with cooler temps and a better group that knows what they're doing I should definitely be able to get below the 2 minute mark.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.