Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #101
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
ok i will find it,is this your 1st time at Fontana?
Yup...I've done a few auto-xs, and once at Buttonwillow....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #102
ModBargains.com


 
ModBargains.com's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro, 996TT, 335i, Etc.
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, Ca 90631
Posts: 2,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yup...I've done a few auto-xs, and once at Buttonwillow....
Fontana is a lot easier than buttonwillow (more forgiving of a track essentially), but that super long roval section where you get on the main straight is skeeeetchy. You'll likely hit a higher top speed than you've ever done before, so make sure your brakes are good before the weekend for sure.
__________________

We Specialize In: Camaro Wheels |Camaro Suspension | Camaro Performance | Camaro Exhaust | Camaro Intakes | Forgestar Wheels
Modification Expert - Jurrian Terpstra
| Jurrian@ModBargains.com | (714) 582-3330 ext. 8002 Subscribe to our BLOG to get updates and bargains of the week!
ModBargains.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #103
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,801
I was able to hit 125 mph in my 1LT,im expecting 145 in my 1LE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoB6bJvgeF8
__________________
cornerspeed92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #104
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yup...I've done a few auto-xs, and once at Buttonwillow....
Your not signed up in the beginner group are you?
__________________
cornerspeed92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #105
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Your not signed up in the beginner group are you?
I signed up for the next up group, not the very "bottom" beginner group, but the next one up....wasn't sure...Doug (chmsc) said later they may combine the two lower groups into one....dunno...figured I'd start there and see what happens....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #106
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I signed up for the next up group, not the very "bottom" beginner group, but the next one up....wasn't sure...Doug (chmsc) said later they may combine the two lower groups into one....dunno...figured I'd start there and see what happens....
Yeah just wanted to make sure you weren't in the beginner group since you have track experience.
__________________
cornerspeed92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #107
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains.com View Post
I will be there, but I wont be driving. There's a car show there that Sunday. Have fun guys! I'll be there wishing I was on the track!
noooooooo those lame ass stance car shows always bring in some shady people. also the **** you from going to get gas by clogging up the entrance.
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #108
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I have a GoPro too,so between us we should be able to shoot some cool video.Im thinking that we can chase each other around the track,and take turns carrying the GoPro on board,and getting video of our cars on track,not just from the car of the track.I have only paid for Sun.I just got off the phone with Aaron,and i will be instructing on Sat,so i dont know if i will get my car on track or not on Sat,but we will see.I will make a point that we touch basis on Sat,and oh yeah,it doesn't look like it's going to be hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I was able to hit 125 mph in my 1LT,im expecting 145 in my 1LE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoB6bJvgeF8
with the top speed you are expecting you wont be behind or in front of me long

i will bring the gopro just its not goin on outside of car
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #109
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
with the top speed you are expecting you wont be behind or in front of me long

i will bring the gopro just its not goin on outside of car
Im just basing that on what Doc said,he said he was hitting 150.What have you seen there?
__________________
cornerspeed92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #110
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 12,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Im just basing that on what Doc said,he said he was hitting 150.What have you seen there?
Stock SS 138 then let off since it started pushing the front tires. Should give you an idea. You can proly go a little faster with the better gear ratio. And bigger tires to carry more speed through the turns before the straight.

I was entering turn one at about 125 carried 115 through turn 1 and 2.
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #111
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]
 
RSloth's Avatar
 
Drives: Slothy; Sloth-like
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 829
DOWN.
__________________
RSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #112
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Stock SS 138 then let off since it started pushing the front tires. Should give you an idea. You can proly go a little faster with the better gear ratio. And bigger tires to carry more speed through the turns before the straight.

I was entering turn one at about 125 carried 115 through turn 1 and 2.
Yeah thats exactly what i was at 125 as i entered turn #2 i only ran 110 thru there though,as i was in a 1LTRS,i know i could of gone faster but didn't have any desire to meet the wall I am sure looking forward to next weekend!
__________________
cornerspeed92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #113
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 12,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Yeah thats exactly what i was at 125 as i entered turn #2 i only ran 110 thru there though,as i was in a 1LTRS,i know i could of gone faster but didn't have any desire to meet the wall I am sure looking forward to next weekend!
Ha ha same here. I could have pushed it a little harder but I wasn't linking how the front tires were pushing and the last thing I wanted was to hit the wall. I would rather be slow and leave in one piece than fast and in tons of pieces.
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #114
Ryne @ CMS

 
Ryne @ CMS's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Camaro 1LE, 06 C6 z06, 07 Dmax
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 688
Lol got to love bench racers...
__________________
Ryne Cunningham
Cunningham Motorsports
Specializing In Late Model LSX Performance.
Shop#: (951)677-0716
www.Cunningham-Motorsports.com
Ryne-CMS@Hotmail.com
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #115
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,249
...Anybody know if the garages at Fontana have electricity in them...wall plugs...whatever....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #116
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,801
yes they do
__________________
cornerspeed92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #117
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 12,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS View Post
Lol got to love bench racers...
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #118
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS View Post
Lol got to love bench racers...
its almost as fun as racing itself. ill bench race the shit out of you Ryne!

i am curious what speed i can carry through the bank on R compounds. last time i was on 18s and azenis "comp" tire. this time r888 or nt01 in 20s
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #119
Ryne @ CMS

 
Ryne @ CMS's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Camaro 1LE, 06 C6 z06, 07 Dmax
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
its almost as fun as racing itself. ill bench race the shit out of you Ryne!

i am curious what speed i can carry through the bank on R compounds. last time i was on 18s and azenis "comp" tire. this time r888 or nt01 in 20s
You need sways bro!!! But you should hold be able to hold 130+
__________________
Ryne Cunningham
Cunningham Motorsports
Specializing In Late Model LSX Performance.
Shop#: (951)677-0716
www.Cunningham-Motorsports.com
Ryne-CMS@Hotmail.com
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #120
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,801
Just checking interest.As the new kid on the block here,i dont know if you guy's know i used to race superbikes at the professional level or not,but the point of this is Willow and Fontana are my home tracks.On one of my many track days running with Fastrack riders,i pretty much knew everybody,including track staff.Now it's been a few years,but the guy i knew who said yes to what im going to say, i saw there last year.I approached(back in2004) him about what are the chances of us (a few select racers)taking a couple laps around the NASCAR circuit,he said Fastrack rented the track and yes we could.

Being that i knew the owners of Fastrack, of which one of them stayed in my motel room(free) when i raced Daytona, i told him what i have lined up,and we took 5 hot laps around the big track.So the point of this is,since Speedventures as rented the track, i would imagine that the same policy is in place.So before i approach them about this, i wanted to see if there was anyone interested before i even open my mouth.
__________________

Last edited by cornerspeed92; 08-06-2013 at 08:25 PM.
cornerspeed92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #121
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,686
hahahahaha YES
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #122
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,249
I'll go....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #123
Ryne @ CMS

 
Ryne @ CMS's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Camaro 1LE, 06 C6 z06, 07 Dmax
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 688
What group are each of you guys running in?? I am going to be in Red..
__________________
Ryne Cunningham
Cunningham Motorsports
Specializing In Late Model LSX Performance.
Shop#: (951)677-0716
www.Cunningham-Motorsports.com
Ryne-CMS@Hotmail.com
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #124
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
hahahahaha YES
Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I'll go....
sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS View Post
What group are each of you guys running in?? I am going to be in Red..
Im running green,obviously your in the top group,and obviously im qualified to run what what ever i want. Im assuming this isn't your 1st get up in red,last Oct. when i ran black in my 2011 1LTRS/RS it just seemed a little too much,so i went to purple(i think)so my question is this.In the red/green is it civilized or a phuckfest,im not willing to put a scratch on my baby,just looking for fun,and to be fast.



...oh, and glad there is interest,obviously i cant guaranty anything,but i will talk to them and see what they say.I mean, this can only be good for them,as i will be posting this weekend on C5,and hopefully we will get new blood.
__________________
cornerspeed92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #125
Ryne @ CMS

 
Ryne @ CMS's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Camaro 1LE, 06 C6 z06, 07 Dmax
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Sweet!


sweet!


Im running green,obviously your in the top group,and obviously im qualified to run what what ever i want. Im assuming this isn't your 1st get up in red,last Oct. when i ran black in my 2011 1LTRS/RS it just seemed a little too much,so i went to purple(i think)so my question is this.In the red/green is it civilized or a phuckfest,im not willing to put a scratch on my baby,just looking for fun,and to be fast.



...oh, and glad there is interest,obviously i cant guaranty anything,but i will talk to them and see what they say.I mean, this can only be good for them,as i will be posting this weekend on C5,and hopefully we will get new blood.
Well I don't know your level of driving, but a 1le won't have a problem keeping up in red group, the roval is the portion where you'll get past but that area is wide open. If your uncomfortable run green group , open passing but generally a little slower cars...
__________________
Ryne Cunningham
Cunningham Motorsports
Specializing In Late Model LSX Performance.
Shop#: (951)677-0716
www.Cunningham-Motorsports.com
Ryne-CMS@Hotmail.com
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.