Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #155
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
In that case I think you guys suck... You can send the muscle to Houston TX!!!


On a serious note, we just got more info including pricing! The bad news is that Camaro5 rules don't allow vendors to post pricing info in technical forums so the only way for me to share that without getting my hand slapped is for you to PM me. I don't like playing those games but this is their sand box, I'm just playing in it.


The Complete Kit

This is a complete brake kit for Camaro SS and a BBK for all V6 models from 2010 and up.

This kit includes:

2 Two-piece open slot center-mount rotors.
2 4-Piston calipers
2 Aluminum adapters made of 7075-T6 Alloy (stronger and stiffer than 6061-T6)
1 Set of RB ET300 brake pads
1 Pair of front stainless steel brake lines
1-Liter ATE Super Blue brake fluid


Partial Upgrade Kit

This kit can be used be used as a caliper upgrade for those already running Racing Brake rotors, OEM or aftermarket rotors (with the same size and offset).

This kit comes with the following:

(2) 4-piston aluminum calipers (RB460)
(2) Aluminum adapters
(1) Set of ET300 brake pads
(1) Pair of front stainless steel brake lines
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #156
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post


On a serious note, we just got more info including pricing! The bad news is that Camaro5 rules don't allow vendors to post pricing info in technical forums so the only way for me to share that without getting my hand slapped is for you to PM me. I don't like playing those games but this is their sand box, I'm just playing in it.


The Complete Kit

This is a complete brake kit for Camaro SS and a BBK for all V6 models from 2010 and up.

This kit includes:

2 Two-piece open slot center-mount rotors.
2 4-Piston calipers
2 Aluminum adapters made of 7075-T6 Alloy (stronger and stiffer than 6061-T6)
1 Set of RB ET300 brake pads
1 Pair of front stainless steel brake lines
1-Liter ATE Super Blue brake fluid


Partial Upgrade Kit

This kit can be used be used as a caliper upgrade for those already running Racing Brake rotors, OEM or aftermarket rotors (with the same size and offset).

This kit comes with the following:

(2) 4-piston aluminum calipers (RB460)
(2) Aluminum adapters
(1) Set of ET300 brake pads
(1) Pair of front stainless steel brake lines
sent you a PM chase
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #157
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
sent you a PM chase
PM replied. Once we get it loaded into our system we will start a thread in the sales section with full details.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #158
ss/rs-matt

 
ss/rs-matt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Posts: 1,716
Price on these kits?
__________________
"Want to know whats cooler than your murdered out Honda Civic? ...Any Audi." Daniel Tosh

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #159
SPCBA


 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a line somwhere
Posts: 4,206
http://www.racingbrake.com/Brake-Kit...2-p/2138-k.htm


http://www.racingbrake.com/Camaro-SS...-p/2138-pu.htm
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #160
SPCBA


 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a line somwhere
Posts: 4,206
damn chase beat me to it. haha
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #161
SPCBA


 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a line somwhere
Posts: 4,206
i will post the pricing since i am not a vendor .the entire brake kit is 2,200 i am not sure if chase can do better. the entire brake kit is a crazy good deal...fluid lines pads rotors and calipers holy crap

the calipers for front set are 1400 that is lines pads and calipers
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #162
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,849
I need more money
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #163
ss/rs-matt

 
ss/rs-matt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Posts: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
i will post the pricing since i am not a vendor .the entire brake kit is 2,200 i am not sure if chase can do better. the entire brake kit is a crazy good deal...fluid lines pads rotors and calipers holy crap

the calipers for front set are 1400 that is lines pads and calipers
Ok, question; what are the factory brembo pistons made from? Steel or aluminum?
__________________
"Want to know whats cooler than your murdered out Honda Civic? ...Any Audi." Daniel Tosh

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #164
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
Ok, question; what are the factory brembo pistons made from? Steel or aluminum?
Aluminum I believe.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #165
SPCBA


 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a line somwhere
Posts: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
Ok, question; what are the factory brembo pistons made from? Steel or aluminum?
sand casted something...sorry dont feel like researching brembos
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #166
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,211
Full details on both kits have been posted in the Suspension/Chassis/Braking vendor sales section. Again, my hands are tied by vendor posting rules so I can't post a direct link but perhaps someone else can.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #167
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,849
Here is the link

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297306
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #168
SPCBA


 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a line somwhere
Posts: 4,206
So I totally forgot about getting a group buy together. Anyone interested? I will talk to RB today via phone and see if we can get a deal. Also maybe Apex wants to facilitate a group buy and see if they can do better than I can price wise.
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.