Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #151
Virus
#551
 
Virus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, Ny
Posts: 180
They looked good, if its cheaper then going ctsv stage 2 then i would get them
__________________
Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #152
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post

yes Apex and Chase specifically have been as excited for this product as I am. FYI Chase RB says your a quality no problem vendor. Many of us here know that...might be nice to hear me paraphrasing that from one of your suppliers.
Glad to hear that. Otherwise I would have to send in the muscle.

__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #153
jeremywes
 
jeremywes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Glad to hear that. Otherwise I would have to send in the muscle.

In that case I think you guys suck... You can send the muscle to Houston TX!!!
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #154
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
In that case I think you guys suck... You can send the muscle to Houston TX!!!
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #155
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
In that case I think you guys suck... You can send the muscle to Houston TX!!!


On a serious note, we just got more info including pricing! The bad news is that Camaro5 rules don't allow vendors to post pricing info in technical forums so the only way for me to share that without getting my hand slapped is for you to PM me. I don't like playing those games but this is their sand box, I'm just playing in it.


The Complete Kit

This is a complete brake kit for Camaro SS and a BBK for all V6 models from 2010 and up.

This kit includes:

2 Two-piece open slot center-mount rotors.
2 4-Piston calipers
2 Aluminum adapters made of 7075-T6 Alloy (stronger and stiffer than 6061-T6)
1 Set of RB ET300 brake pads
1 Pair of front stainless steel brake lines
1-Liter ATE Super Blue brake fluid


Partial Upgrade Kit

This kit can be used be used as a caliper upgrade for those already running Racing Brake rotors, OEM or aftermarket rotors (with the same size and offset).

This kit comes with the following:

(2) 4-piston aluminum calipers (RB460)
(2) Aluminum adapters
(1) Set of ET300 brake pads
(1) Pair of front stainless steel brake lines
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #156
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post


On a serious note, we just got more info including pricing! The bad news is that Camaro5 rules don't allow vendors to post pricing info in technical forums so the only way for me to share that without getting my hand slapped is for you to PM me. I don't like playing those games but this is their sand box, I'm just playing in it.


The Complete Kit

This is a complete brake kit for Camaro SS and a BBK for all V6 models from 2010 and up.

This kit includes:

2 Two-piece open slot center-mount rotors.
2 4-Piston calipers
2 Aluminum adapters made of 7075-T6 Alloy (stronger and stiffer than 6061-T6)
1 Set of RB ET300 brake pads
1 Pair of front stainless steel brake lines
1-Liter ATE Super Blue brake fluid


Partial Upgrade Kit

This kit can be used be used as a caliper upgrade for those already running Racing Brake rotors, OEM or aftermarket rotors (with the same size and offset).

This kit comes with the following:

(2) 4-piston aluminum calipers (RB460)
(2) Aluminum adapters
(1) Set of ET300 brake pads
(1) Pair of front stainless steel brake lines
sent you a PM chase
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #157
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
sent you a PM chase
PM replied. Once we get it loaded into our system we will start a thread in the sales section with full details.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #158
ss/rs-matt

 
ss/rs-matt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Posts: 1,691
Price on these kits?
__________________
"Want to know whats cooler than your murdered out Honda Civic? ...Any Audi." Daniel Tosh

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #159
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,707
http://www.racingbrake.com/Brake-Kit...2-p/2138-k.htm


http://www.racingbrake.com/Camaro-SS...-p/2138-pu.htm
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #160
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,707
damn chase beat me to it. haha
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #161
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,707
i will post the pricing since i am not a vendor .the entire brake kit is 2,200 i am not sure if chase can do better. the entire brake kit is a crazy good deal...fluid lines pads rotors and calipers holy crap

the calipers for front set are 1400 that is lines pads and calipers
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #162
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 12,530
I need more money
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #163
ss/rs-matt

 
ss/rs-matt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
i will post the pricing since i am not a vendor .the entire brake kit is 2,200 i am not sure if chase can do better. the entire brake kit is a crazy good deal...fluid lines pads rotors and calipers holy crap

the calipers for front set are 1400 that is lines pads and calipers
Ok, question; what are the factory brembo pistons made from? Steel or aluminum?
__________________
"Want to know whats cooler than your murdered out Honda Civic? ...Any Audi." Daniel Tosh

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #164
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
Ok, question; what are the factory brembo pistons made from? Steel or aluminum?
Aluminum I believe.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #165
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
Ok, question; what are the factory brembo pistons made from? Steel or aluminum?
sand casted something...sorry dont feel like researching brembos
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #166
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,095
Full details on both kits have been posted in the Suspension/Chassis/Braking vendor sales section. Again, my hands are tied by vendor posting rules so I can't post a direct link but perhaps someone else can.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #167
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 12,530
Here is the link

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297306
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #168
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,707
So I totally forgot about getting a group buy together. Anyone interested? I will talk to RB today via phone and see if we can get a deal. Also maybe Apex wants to facilitate a group buy and see if they can do better than I can price wise.
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #169
ss/rs-matt

 
ss/rs-matt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
sand casted something...sorry dont feel like researching brembos
No worries. Another question, did you change out your brake fluid? If so did you do it your self or have GM do it? From what I understand they have to pulse the ABS system to properly bleed the system.
__________________
"Want to know whats cooler than your murdered out Honda Civic? ...Any Audi." Daniel Tosh

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #170
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
So I totally forgot about getting a group buy together. Anyone interested? I will talk to RB today via phone and see if we can get a deal. Also maybe Apex wants to facilitate a group buy and see if they can do better than I can price wise.
I mentioned doing a group buy to them last week but when they came back with all the info they didn't bring it back up. If RacingBrake will approve it we will gladly administer it. Doing that sort of thing unilaterally is a no-no though.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #171
SPCBA
Blake
 
SPCBA's Avatar
 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a VA line somwhere
Posts: 3,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
No worries. Another question, did you change out your brake fluid? If so did you do it your self or have GM do it? From what I understand they have to pulse the ABS system to properly bleed the system.
Yes change fluid! dot 4 and bleed after every track day. You wont get all the old fluid without a techII machine which can pulse the abs system as you said. Dealers are the ones that have those. Even with dot 4 you want to change it after a handful of track days to be safe...dont ask I figured out hard way. I recommend motul or amsoil. unless you can afford the castrol srf stuff.

You can bleed the system once all the old fluid is out by yourself with a vacuum bleeder or the old way pump pump pump bleed and after vacuum tester on the resevoir.
__________________
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #172
ss/rs-matt

 
ss/rs-matt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Yes change fluid! dot 4 and bleed after every track day. You wont get all the old fluid without a techII machine which can pulse the abs system as you said. Dealers are the ones that have those. Even with dot 4 you want to change it after a handful of track days to be safe...dont ask I figured out hard way. I recommend motul or amsoil. unless you can afford the castrol srf stuff.
I have 3 bottles of the Motul 600 sitting in my work bench but I haven't had a chance to take it in. If you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you to swap it out and how much did they use?
__________________
"Want to know whats cooler than your murdered out Honda Civic? ...Any Audi." Daniel Tosh

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #173
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Yes change fluid! dot 4 and bleed after every track day. You wont get all the old fluid without a techII machine which can pulse the abs system as you said. Dealers are the ones that have those. Even with dot 4 you want to change it after a handful of track days to be safe...dont ask I figured out hard way. I recommend motul or amsoil. unless you can afford the Castrol SRF stuff.

You can bleed the system once all the old fluid is out by yourself with a vacuum bleeder or the old way pump pump pump bleed and after vacuum tester on the reservoir.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #174
jeremywes
 
jeremywes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 503
Unless of course you like the exciting feeling of your brake pedal hitting the floor as you dive deep into a hard corner after a 150+ mph straight. I kinda like it!

jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #175
ss/rs-matt

 
ss/rs-matt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Posts: 1,691
Haha...I've been there. Is no bueno. lol.
__________________
"Want to know whats cooler than your murdered out Honda Civic? ...Any Audi." Daniel Tosh

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.