Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 05-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
What is the difference between these?

http://www.maceengineering.com.au/ep...lectSubProduct

http://www.revxtreme.com/performance...lack-iceolator

besides being two different companies.... is there a difference? Is one different then the other?
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
The 25mm spacer supposedly has more bottom end torque than the 3/4" Iceolator; however, Rx performance found on their 1" Iceolator that their 3/4" version made better gains across the RPM band.

They look different, but serve essentially the same purpose.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
So the black icolator is better? or???
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
This subject has been beaten to death. If you do a quick search you'd find your answer. Here's the summary. Rx claims and has dyno proof of having experienced losses with THEIR 1" insulator. They claim their 3/8" iceolator is better. That DOESNT apply to Mace's insulator though. Mace's insulator is made of a completely different material and its even a different design. Member hapisok did an independent test of both of them (when he had a v6) and posted his results in a thread around here somewhere. I'd post the link but I'm not on my laptop. His dynos show better torque gains down low with the mace as well as gains starting earlier in the rpm range. He did show slightly better horsepower gains upper in the range along with the iceolators gains starting later in the rpm band.

Both are good products. That's just the proven data so go with whichever will suit you best

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_acoustic View Post
http://www.maceengineering.com.au/ep...lectSubProduct

http://www.revxtreme.com/performance...lack-iceolator

besides being two different companies.... is there a difference? Is one different then the other?
The Mace spacer makes better low end gains (easier to break traction) and the VMAX Black Ice-Olator makes better top end gains (better track times). Neither is necessarily better than the other, they each offer a different result depending on what your goal is.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
Last night I read a 27 page thread on the mace engineering ones.

Still a little confused on issues such as will the 25mm work with the Vararam as some said yes and other said no.

My take on it, and I may be off as it was a lot of info to try and digest.

The 25mm will give you more power low end and a little drop off top end.
The 3/8 will give you more top end power than the 25mm.

If you are a mainly city driver or someone who races to the speed limit only, the 25mm should be more beneficial as it provides more low end torque. The 3/8 seems to be more suited for those on the strip and those who drive their cars very aggressively on a daily basis.

Any one with more knowledge, please feel free to correct me on what I have posted. As I said, it was a lot to try and absorb in one sitting.
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Toms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:26 AM   #7
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms2010 View Post
Last night I read a 27 page thread on the mace engineering ones.

Still a little confused on issues such as will the 25mm work with the Vararam as some said yes and other said no.

My take on it, and I may be off as it was a lot of info to try and digest.

The 25mm will give you more power low end and a little drop off top end.
The 3/8 will give you more top end power than the 25mm.

If you are a mainly city driver or someone who races to the speed limit only, the 25mm should be more beneficial as it provides more low end torque. The 3/8 seems to be more suited for those on the strip and those who drive their cars very aggressively on a daily basis.

Any one with more knowledge, please feel free to correct me on what I have posted. As I said, it was a lot to try and absorb in one sitting.
I personally have a vararam and it works fine on mine.

On what you've gathered, I think you're right and wrong. Yes the 3/8 will give you more hp in the top end but I don't think the 25mm drops off at all. I at least don't feel any. It just pulls hard until redline.

Again right and wrong. I have the 25mm because I wanted the benefits of more torque in daily driving scenarios (since I never hit 5k rpm daily driving anyway) as well as not experience any decrease in performance at the track.

Those are my experiences with the MACE 25mm spacer.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote