Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

USA - Texas Lone Star State

Old 08-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
[help] inspection shop recommendation?

alright so inspection really drives me crazy,

1. i asked Doug (TAG UR IT), he gave me one recommendation shop in san antonio, but when i went there the guy wont inspect my car because my insurance and everything else is from austin. really? is that true? i mean its still in the same state of texas though. educate me about the law ppl. please.

2. 2 days ago i took off my battery just to make the CEL gone for awhile, and i took it to inspection and they guy said i need to drive it for about 50-100 miles because i restared the whole computer. and when i hit 40 miles something the CEL went back on again.

3. Doug (TAG UR IT) told me its because i change to LT headers. and then i went to jiffy lube in austin, and the mechanic said i need to swap it to the stock headers to pass the emission.

4. what should i do now? i dont have my stock headers. is there any recommendation shop for inspection around austin?

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

bump.

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Why don't you just tune the car?
Old 08-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
Why don't you just tune the car?
I did... i have the trifecta in it but still wont pass somehow.

My Build Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
13blackLS

Drives: 2013 camaro ls; 2005 rx8
It wont pass with a cel...and the test machine can read a recent reset...and from what i remember the car is supposed to be inspected in the county u live in? I could be wrong on that one...only bet is to swap to stock for the inspection or buy a bootleg inspection sticker (which i dont recommend, cause if u get in a wreck they will scan the sticker and it wont register to your car and thats big trouble)
13blackLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
You need to have the inspection done in Travis County if your car is in Travis County. Give Kris at Austin Infiniti a call (512)736-2468. As long as you are not showing codes he can pass it for you. I have the smartphone app Torque and an OBDII reader and get rid of codes when I need to before I get the car to him (at their parking lot). You should be able to do it with your tuner.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
Jerry7297

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Are they not passing the car due to the CEL or did you remove your CATs???
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
You need to have the inspection done in Travis County if your car is in Travis County. Give Kris at Austin Infiniti a call (512)736-2468. As long as you are not showing codes he can pass it for you. I have the smartphone app Torque and an OBDII reader and get rid of codes when I need to before I get the car to him (at their parking lot). You should be able to do it with your tuner.
oh okay.. i'll try to contact, even i have a tune on my car? because last when i had the trifecta on my there's no CEL but still wont pass the inspection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry7297 View Post
Are they not passing the car due to the CEL or did you remove your CATs???
nope i didnt remove my CATs.

My Build Thread
Old 08-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
Texas_RS

Drives: 2010 camaro RS/V6
Drive to a rough area of town, find a inspection shop in that area,pass, pay inspection price plus extra, and you're done. Problem solved.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote