Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #1
A Town

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Looking for a place to tune my camaro

Looking to get my camaro tuned and adding a ghost cam. I live in Minnesota if its any places here that do tuning let me know.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
SPCBA
Blake

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
id ask your local LS engine club our your regional forums for first hand experience reviews.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Town View Post
Looking to get my camaro tuned and adding a ghost cam. I live in Minnesota if its any places here that do tuning let me know.
If you want the ghost cam your only choice is Trifecta. That's a mail-order tune.
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
A Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
If you want the ghost cam your only choice is Trifecta. That's a mail-order tune.
I don't want to pay 400 dollars for a tune because I just want the ghost cam for now and the ghost cam comes with the tune.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Yeah, it kinda sux. Can't get ghost cam without getting the tune.
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Town View Post
I don't want to pay 400 dollars for a tune because I just want the ghost cam for now and the ghost cam comes with the tune.
I feel you pain, as I only wanted the tranny tuned, but the fact of the matter is if you want a Ghost Cam, Trifecta is the only one with it.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
A Town

Should I wait to get more mods then do it?
Old 05-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
A tune really helps when you have a CAI, new exhaust (either full or just Cat back) and headers, but Long Tube (LT) will wind up giving you a CEL light. A tune can take care of that. I would start with a CAI, add a VMAX ported throttle body, and an RX Catch Can to help keep oil out of the intake runners and deposit carbon on the valves.

You will feel a difference with the CAI and ported throttle body with a tune, but really feel it when adding LT headers and exhaust.

It's up to you, but once you get a tune it can or will have a high degree of voiding your Power Train warranty. Good luck with your choices.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
how is getting a tune helps when i install a CAI? i just install one in but did not get a tune. do i have to get a tune? if so, why?