Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard200593 View Post
I just had a coworker run up to me and ask me what I hit over the weekend, knowing damn well I didn't hit anything I thought he was joking... Went out to look and found this: called my fiancÚ pissed thinking someone at a new complex (just moved this weekend) hit me when she admitted she hit a pole backing up and didn't think it was that bad. Any idea if its repairable or do I have to just get a new front bumper? No denting or cracks that I can see.
Get out now before it costs you a bunch of money.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #27
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
I'm not sure what was worse the fact that she didn't tell me or the fact that she thinks it's not something I should be mad about, this coming from the person that is afraid to even let me drive her new car. Thank you c5 for listening to me rant, this is like anger management class
lol. if you can't get past something like this, you have no business getting married. married life is going to throw far worse than this at you.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #28
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by slomaro3.4 View Post
I'm not saying I'm a gold digger but if a rich ugly woman wanted to marry me and buy me nice things. My left hand would have a ring on it.
lol, you aren't sayin, you're just sayin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I don't know man, have you seen some dudes' wives, it's kind of hard to not know they are fugly, unless the dude is blind or something.
i'm not saying there aren't ugly wives/fiancÚ's in the world, but 99.9% sure no one will say they have an ugly fiancÚ, unless they are just cruel human beings, in it for just the money. lol

edit: meaning they are pretty in their eyes, which is all that matters.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #29
copper3000
(aka) Troy & Maria

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M CGM/Black Stripes w GE
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Accidents happen but the fact she didn't tell you would be an issue for me. Most women just don't care about a car but mess up their shoes or handbag and OMG youd think the world ended!!! So glad I'm not a typical girl bc that craps annoying.
What she said!
Bye, bye fiancÚ...
Old 05-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #30
LStick

Drives: 2013 2LS Blue Ray
Back in '76, I lent my fiancee my brand new'76 El Camino. All heavy duty. Everything went fine. Or so I thought.

About 2 weeks later, the turbo 400 trans lost 2nd gear. Pretty odd for such a beefy powertrain. Had it fixed, and kept it for a couple of years.

She fessed up later that she had buried it in a muddy ditch, and despite trying like hell to free it up, she had to flag down a local farmer with a tractor and a heavy chain to dislodge it. Don't want to imagine that scene. The blown trans made sense then.

Today , we celebrate 35 years of marriage together. I got over it (but bought stickshift cars for myself after that which she avoided using)
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #31
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
you can spray that. No need for a new bumper, unless it works out cheaper
Old 05-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #32
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
these threads always make me laugh..

First it's just a car.. Second you have Insurance.. There is ZERO point in having an argument with your future wife over stuff like this.

Accidents happen and it is a nothing more than a material possession. You cannot put that up against your relationship otherwise the relationship is destined to fail.
When your insurance deductible is 1k... There's a reason to be upset, sorry I don't have money to just fix accidents all the time.
And I didn't have an argument with her hence the ranting to c5 people that understand instead of arguing with a girl who doesn't.
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #33
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLOW 1 of Only 28
YEA we SEEn the CAR lets SEE if she worth KEEPING < Pictures of Her. <<

skipinminn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #34
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
I just had a coworker run up to me and ask me what I hit over the weekend, knowing damn well I didn't hit anything I thought he was joking... Went out to look and found this: called my fiancÚ pissed thinking someone at a new complex (just moved this weekend) hit me when she admitted she hit a pole backing up and didn't think it was that bad. Any idea if its repairable or do I have to just get a new front bumper? No denting or cracks that I can see.
Hold up!! Stop the press! She didnt think it was that bad ?. wow !! I had a similar damage to mines a few weeks ago. But someone pushed a shopping cart into my car. I was going to fix it, but just decided that I'm going to get a new bumper. Hope it works out for you man.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #35
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
I love my fiancÚ and obviously it's something that I am/will get over but your allowed to be upset with them. People read into things way to much.
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #36
jd10013

Quote:
I love my fiancÚ and obviously it's something that I am/will get over but your allowed to be upset with them. People read into things way to much.

get used to it man. women just don't value cars like men do. she probably doesn't see what the big deal is. to her, it's just a car. you can get as upset as you want, she's never going to understand. just one of those things you have to live with. my wife actually backed her car into mine once. not a huge amount of damage, about 1k. sure, she felt bad, but to this day doesn't think it was that big a deal.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #37
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
She didnt think it was that bad? She is lying to you obviously for the fact that she didn't want to tell you face to face.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #38
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
If your fiancÚ damaged your car - whether yours or shared property, and didn't tell you about, that may be a strong indicator that you may not share the same values. Better to find out sooner than later, when more could be at stake. Just saying...
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #39
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
If your fiancÚ damaged your car - whether yours or shared property, and didn't tell you about, that may be a strong indicator that you may not share the same values. Better to find out sooner than later, when more could be at stake. Just saying...

lol
Old 05-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #40
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
Quote:
Ugh
That is pretty bad, get your ring back and fix the car with the money you get from selling it.

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #41
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Orange 2SS-RS View Post
That is pretty bad, get your ring back and fix the car with the money you get from selling it.
Pfft, put her ass on the street corner, let her "work" it off. Then once she's paid to fix the car,dump her ass,lol
Old 05-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #42
tdp1

Drives: 2012 SS
Don't you mean "My ex fiance"?
tdp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #43
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
Preach.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #44
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
When your insurance deductible is 1k... There's a reason to be upset, sorry I don't have money to just fix accidents all the time.
And I didn't have an argument with her hence the ranting to c5 people that understand instead of arguing with a girl who doesn't.

No one has "money to fix accidents all the time" which is why you have insurance.. if you choose a high deductible than that is on you.

My wife backed into the hedges in our driveway and ripped the whole fascia off her car back in December, over $1300 in damage to the car, plus another couple hundred to the hedges and sprinklers.

It is what it is, yeah it was her car, but she doesn't work so it is my paycheck that fixed it.. But I see no point in getting upset about it.

Is it a big deal? yeah maybe, but at the end of the day it is just a material possession. I would rather brush it off and go to bed happy with a happy wife than let something like this get between us.

My point regardless, is that it is just a car and your relationship should be a lot more important than the car.. I personally see no point in getting angry over an accident.. Now if she did it on purpose, that is different. As far as her not telling you.. Either it is because she doesn't see it as a big deal, or because she knew you would be upset about it.. So now you have to either explain to her that it is a big deal or explain to her that while it bothers you so that she understands. Or you need to explain to her that it is okay to say something, because you would be less upset finding out from her than a co-worker..

Or.. She didn't say anything because she wants to see how you are going to handle it, women like to toss out little tests like that, so they can file it away to use against you later.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #45
AmericanMuscleCars
Thin Blue Line Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
ZL1 bumper upgrade
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #46
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS with Gun metal Gray Stripes
Rule#1: NEVER, EVER let your girlfriend drive your Camaro!!!

Blk-Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #47
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Not bad at all the front bumper needs to be re-painted figure $350-$400
Old 05-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #48
2Carats
Here comes TrOuBLe

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
This is deeper than just a scratched bumper... the scratch can be fixed. Any body shop can sand, paint and clearcoat that area to blend in without breaking the bank. But it's the principle of it all. It's principalities in this Smokey!
Most women won't hold their car dear to their hearts as men. We take a car, wash it, wax it, get it all cleaned, avoid potholes in the road, etc. In our attempt to take care of our property to make it last. Most women are the complete opposite and wont understand this concept. BUT, accidentlly step on a pair of her shoes and scuff them up or knock their Coach handbag on the floor and all holy hell breaks loose. People value things differently, hence why she didn't tell you. She didnt think it was that bad because she didn't realize the value it meant to you.
Was she wrong, sure she was... but to what extent should she be punished? If you didn't address it when you found out, let it go, get it fixed, lesson learned and go get some loving.

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 05-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #49
Rohdeo16
USMC - SNSSTR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Carats View Post
This is deeper than just a scratched bumper... the scratch can be fixed. Any body shop can sand, paint and clearcoat that area to blend in without breaking the bank. But it's the principle of it all. It's principalities in this Smokey!
Most women won't hold their car dear to their hearts as men. We take a car, wash it, wax it, get it all cleaned, avoid potholes in the road, etc. In our attempt to take care of our property to make it last. Most women are the complete opposite and wont understand this concept. BUT, accidentlly step on a pair of her shoes and scuff them up or knock their Coach handbag on the floor and all holy hell breaks loose. People value things differently, hence why she didn't tell you. She didnt think it was that bad because she didn't realize the value it meant to you.
Was she wrong, sure she was... but to what extent should she be punished? If you didn't address it when you found out, let it go, get it fixed, lesson learned and go get some loving.

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Rohdeo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #50
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
Take the ring and run!