Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 05-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #1565
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
There is a car show on Saturday at Lincoln Southeast High School. BUT I would hesitate to ever take a Camaro there again because it is run by an evil little conclave of Mustang vampires! Oops, did that make me sound just a tad bitter?

There appears to be a car show at Cabela's in LaVista for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life on Saturday also, but that's all the info I have on that.

Hot Rod Super Nationals May 28 & 29 at The Lancaster Event Center.
www.hotrodsupernationals.net
Old 05-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #1566
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

From Pat Sheehy(midwesthotrods@gmail.com)
Hello from the staff of the Freedom Cruze and Car show

Sorry for the short notice. We are kicking off 2011 with our first FREE CRUZE of the year It is this Sunday may 29 it starts at the Rum Runner at noon which is
at 180th and Harrison st From there you will go to Yutan
,Valley, Fremont and end up in Waterloo
a nice drive and some good food and drink from the destinations Always remember moderation is the key word or bring a designated driver!
Any questions hit me back on email or call 402-981-9897 Thanks Pat

Just a reminder that our show this year is August 21 2011 at the same location, Nebraska factory outlet stores exit 432 Gretna Ne You can pre register again at www.freedomcruze.com We would also like you to know that last year we gave The Wounded Warrior Project a check for 3500$. Thanks to all of you and our sponsors.

This year we have a new cause. and its local to the Omaha area.
It is CARS 4 HEROES
I sure hope to see all of you there and be sure to tell your friends so we can have a successful event
Old 05-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #1567
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
anybody gonna be out for the hot rod nationals this weekend? Maybe we should get a group together!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #1568
Scourage
Syntax Error

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
anybody gonna be out for the hot rod nationals this weekend? Maybe we should get a group together!
I was so hoping to get back to Lincoln for this, car has been in the shop since March and won't be finished in time

Still kind of thinking about driving my other vehicle in, but what's the point.
Scourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:17 PM   #1569
Bruceleroy
Chief Quartermaster

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Red Jewel
Just got my first Camaro and I'm HOOKED

Hello y'all! I'm super excited about my new 2011 Camaro SS Red Jewel 6-sp Auto! I've been reading these treads for months and knew this is the family I wanted to be a part of. These are my previous cars:
1977 Pontiac Firebird
2004 GTO
2006 GTO
2009 G8 GT

and now, this beauty!
Bruceleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:52 AM   #1570
Beandip2811

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceleroy View Post
Hello y'all! I'm super excited about my new 2011 Camaro SS Red Jewel 6-sp Auto! I've been reading these treads for months and knew this is the family I wanted to be a part of. These are my previous cars:
1977 Pontiac Firebird
2004 GTO
2006 GTO
2009 G8 GT

and now, this beauty!
Welcome to the family!

Anyone interested in a car show and pizza I will be heading to flashbacks in omaha just north of I-80 on the 84th street exit and then over to Big Freds pizza on 118th and pacific. Lots of nice cars and great pizza. Hope to see some of you there.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #1571
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beandip2811 View Post
Welcome to the family!

Anyone interested in a car show and pizza I will be heading to flashbacks in omaha just north of I-80 on the 84th street exit and then over to Big Freds pizza on 118th and pacific. Lots of nice cars and great pizza. Hope to see some of you there.
Double yep! Welcome to the Nebraska family, glad to have ya.

Headed to Flashback's tonight too, dirty car and all, and those that wanted to hear my Flowmasters stop on by. I'll rev em up for you!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #1572
Bruceleroy
Chief Quartermaster

Sure would love to join y'all but got some storage unit work to do this evening. Every Wednesday a norm? I'd love to see what can be done to my new Camaro!
Mods: Heritage Grill, Cold Air Intake by Roto-Fab, Texas Speed Stainless Steel 1-7/8" Long Tube Headers, Precision Race Components CNC LS3/L92 Cylinder Heads, PRC .650' Dual Spring Kit, Texas Speed 229/236 LS3 Camshaft: 229/236, .624'/.615', 113 LSA, 3-BOLT CAM CORE, Texas Speed & Performance 7.40 Chromemoly Pushrods, DOD Delete Kit, LS7 Lifters, VVT Delete Kit, Texas Speed Underdrive Pulley, Yank Super Street 3200 Torque Converter, B&M 24,000 GVW Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, and custom tuned by Tom @ C&S Dyno Shop
Old 06-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #1573
Bruceleroy
Chief Quartermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Double yep! Welcome to the Nebraska family, glad to have ya.

Headed to Flashback's tonight too, dirty car and all, and those that wanted to hear my Flowmasters stop on by. I'll rev em up for you!
How many people ended showing up?
Mods: Heritage Grill, Cold Air Intake by Roto-Fab, Texas Speed Stainless Steel 1-7/8" Long Tube Headers, Precision Race Components CNC LS3/L92 Cylinder Heads, PRC .650' Dual Spring Kit, Texas Speed 229/236 LS3 Camshaft: 229/236, .624'/.615', 113 LSA, 3-BOLT CAM CORE, Texas Speed & Performance 7.40 Chromemoly Pushrods, DOD Delete Kit, LS7 Lifters, VVT Delete Kit, Texas Speed Underdrive Pulley, Yank Super Street 3200 Torque Converter, B&M 24,000 GVW Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, and custom tuned by Tom @ C&S Dyno Shop
Old 06-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #1574
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceleroy View Post
How many people ended showing up?
Just beandip and I, but at least I almost started a brawl! Must remember, enter from the east. We always have fun, cars and people of every kind. And peeps love the Camaros, especially the RJTs, I know I'm biased. But I had 2 groups at my car that swore it was new and fell in love with it. The funniest part is when old guys walk up to my husband and ask him how it drives and stuff. He says "I know that the key goes in here and you steer with this round thing." I then take over and start talking about wheel sizes, axle back exhausts, and hp-ratings and the old boys pick their jaws up and walk away while I laugh hysterically.
Had to avoid the storms on the way home to Lincoln, but it was a great night as always!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #1575
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Well peeps, me and my faithful co-pilot will be headed to the birthplace of all that is right and good about American muscle cars, that is Oshawa Canada! We leave next week, please keep us in the safe travels thoughts. Hope I can bring home some goodies and lots of sweet pics of the Camaro assembly plant and the fine folks that welded our babies into reality. Happy trails for now!
Old 06-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #1576
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Reporting to you from Oshawa Canada, where the money is weird and the people are nice:
Plant tour today was TOTALLY AWESOME!!! We got to follow Camaros from the "white body" mode to the exit door. I saw two of them breathe life for the very first time. It was a fantastic experience. More later.....
Old 06-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #1577
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Fun dinner last night. Man, Hylton loves to talk though. Steve and Lisa were awarded one of the last five Mike Judge lithos by Eric-SS of Grapevine Chevrolet. Next year's BBOMG will be moved back to August.
Got my picture taken with Scott Settlemier's black Suburban.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #1578
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Factory Tour Pics

Lets try a link to my Husband's (lmeagle) facebook album of pics from the show and Camero Factory Tour.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...00000169926633

Have your facebook open. This album is supposed to be open for anyone to see. Send a message if you cannot see it.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #1579
george56

Drives: 2010 Victory Red SS Manual
That Canada trip sounds liike a lot of fun. I've been having fun upgrading my car. On Friday, I had Kook's headers and exhaust installed from front to back. I also put araid cold air intake on it. Today I took it to the Dynoshop and I'm going to try and post the results.

Last edited by george56; 06-12-2011 at 01:04 AM.
george56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #1580
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Fun dinner last night. Man, Hylton loves to talk though....
I tried....
Old 06-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #1581
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Back in Husker Nation after 2,923 miles with 28 miles avg. per gal., a little less when going 80mph. Aren't those speed limit signs just really suggestions for the most part?
Fantastic time, somebody from Ill. took a S-turn by the hotel a little too fast and blew his engine, I think he was writing checks he couldn't cash!
Major scrubbing to do though, killed about 9 million bugs along the way!
Asked one of the line workers during the plant tour if I could take one of his windshields because I have some rock chips on mine, he said I could take whatever would fit in my lunch pail