Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 07-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Reason for whine from BBK Headers

I was driving around a friend who recently just got his sight back from a little accident he had and he noticed the whine as I went up to around the 4k rev range. I told him it was the headers and he said he was sure it was coming from my glove compartment. He opens it up and moves the stuff around and I go up to 4k again and it doesn't whine any more! I think it was the pair of scissors was causing the whine. So yeah, problem solved!
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Lol that happened to me with my speakers. I had some absolute terrible "clanking" sound from my speaker and was convinced I had a blown speaker. A buddy moved some pens and some loose change I had in the door pocket and bam problem gone.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
Is that insane or what? My little noise was my coffee cup. When in the cup holder in the wrong position it would rattle like something was loose, only it was a high pitched rapid rattle. Took me weeks to figure it out because it would not happen all the time.
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Toms2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Rocks on the heat shield have them blown off at a shop and should take care of most of the whine. Also could be from your cold air intake causing a whistle.

I had debris blown off my heat shield and it helped A LOT.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
Rocks on the heat shield have them blown off at a shop and should take care of most of the whine. Also could be from your cold air intake causing a whistle.

I had debris blown off my heat shield and it helped A LOT.
Well for me it was the scissors in the glove compartment vibrating against the plastic of the glove compartment. Now, whenever I hear the whine, I just open and move the scissors and it goes away.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote