Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 07-07-2013, 02:15 AM   #1
Wuiquen

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
New Exhaust Setup Videos

Ok so as many of you now, I installed LT and had some issues with my cat back.. long story short.. here is the new setup.. BBK LT with hi flow cats, Resonated X Pipes and cherry Bomb Axleback.. LEt me know what you guys think... there is no drone or rasp whatsoever.. Will get some driving videos tom.. and more drive by..

Sorry about my neighbors and their dogs...
Old 07-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Sounds pretty good. Time to get it out on the open rode and film the full speed fly by so we can here it at WOT.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Sounds pretty good. Time to get it out on the open rode and film the full speed fly by so we can here it at WOT.
Thanks mike. I will try to do that soon.. I like it too.. I do have a weird noise coming from the x pipe.. from about 2500 to 3000 RPMs.. its like a whinning noise.. I got it in a video that will upload soon so maybe u guys can tell me.. its weird Cruz only happens when I am cruising and step on it really quick..
Old 07-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
Linker239

Drives: 2010 VR 1LT RS
The noise is the x-pipe slightly rubbing the heat shield. I had the exhaust shop bend the heat shield back a bit and it stopped all the buzzing sound.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
Wuiquen

That's what I thought.. I will tell them.. I kinda knew it... is it hard to do it myself? I have access to a lift.. will j have to remove the cat back?? Has anyone ever tried putting some like dynamat or sound deadening material around that area to stop some of the noise?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #6
Linker239

Drives: 2010 VR 1LT RS
I'm pretty sure all they did on mine was where it was rubbing on the x-pipe what take some sort of hammer or mallet and hammer the heat shield back some. But they said to really fix it they would have put a screw through it. As far as mine just pushing the heat shield back solved it.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #7
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Nice vids! Sounds good! Quick question. Do you notice it being any hotter in the engine bay with the long tubes?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #8
Wuiquen

U mean like moving it back toward the back of the car??? I have to go under and see what's happening..
Old 07-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #9
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Nice vids! Sounds good! Quick question. Do you notice it being any hotter in the engine bay with the long tubes?
Mmm.. u mean like by looking at the temp gauge or just by feeling the engine bay??? I so notice my fans coming on more often.. I mean the come on after a 7 min commute from work to home
Old 07-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #10
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Just feeling the engine bay

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #11
Wuiquen

Yeah I think it does run hotter... I think it is time for an ADM scoop for my injen intake... keep the air cooler... so does anyone know how exactly to move the heat shield?? Can I just hammer the part that is rubbing against the vehicle to give it clearance??? I would think I have to remove the cat back right???
Old 07-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #12
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Yeah I think it does run hotter... I think it is time for an ADM scoop for my injen intake... keep the air cooler... so does anyone know how exactly to move the heat shield?? Can I just hammer the part that is rubbing against the vehicle to give it clearance??? I would think I have to remove the cat back right???

FYI, The ADM scoop is not made for the INJEN. I checked with APEX and his last comment was ..........hhhmmmm, you might be on to something. I am waiting to here from him again on what they came up with for us.

As for the shield, just beat it out of the way. It is very thin aluminum. I did that to mine to get it away from the rubbing areas.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #13
Wuiquen

I know that the scoop isnt made for the injen but I would think it would work no?? from the pics that I have seen, the filters on the injen should just sit where the scoop ends which I believe its a very great place/idea.. Let me know cuz I would like to get one...

Ok ill beat it up.. I have to remove the x pipe and pipes right??? no way around that??? maybe just releasing the clamps that hold the pipes to the cats might give me enough room to beat up the heat shield.. what you think?