Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 05-14-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
No mrt exhaust drone

I just installed the mrt 2.0 exhaust holy crap it sounds awesome! Thanks to a great deal from a c5 member! I was worried before installing it about all this talk of highway drone around 2k rpm. I'm not sure if I am hard of hearing or just lucky but I ran though all gears at all Roma trying to hear an annoying vibration and got nothing. Exhaust sounds amazing I couldn't be happier. Anyone want to chime in as to if there is an explanation or just not hearing what should be there?
richard200593 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Sweet! Congrats.

I'd say you might here it around 75mph at 2k rpms...
Performance Upgrades: CAI Intake, VMAX Ported TB, RX Catch Can, ZL1 Dual mode NPP Exhaust, 1LE Strut Brace, SS Brembo Brakes w/ Hawk HPS Pads & Goodridge brake lines, DOT4 Motul, 1LE Suspension Upgrade, 1" Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs, Vitesse Controller.
Exterior Upgrades: Ceramic Tint 30%, Axis Allies rims 20x9/20x10, Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 Tries 285/305, GM Front Splitter, Oracle Lighted Bowtie, rk sport spoiler, ZL1 Upper Grill & Side Rockers, 14' SS Hood Vent, Custom Brake Coolers.
Audio Upgrades: Image Dynamics 10" Subwoofer w/custom leather box & Morel Speakers
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
midwest mcnasty
scottie v

Drives: 2012 2lt camaro iom rs package
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Sweet! Congrats.

I'd say you might here it around 75mph at 2k rpms...

midwest mcnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Maybe since you got them from a member they were already "seasoned" so the drone isn't as bad. But drone is all perspective some people say its horrible and some people don't even hear it. Then you have people in the middle like me that hear it but don't really care about it. Also another possibility that you couldn't hear it is because you might have had your radio on.
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Premium radio = no drone!
Performance Upgrades: CAI Intake, VMAX Ported TB, RX Catch Can, ZL1 Dual mode NPP Exhaust, 1LE Strut Brace, SS Brembo Brakes w/ Hawk HPS Pads & Goodridge brake lines, DOT4 Motul, 1LE Suspension Upgrade, 1" Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs, Vitesse Controller.
Exterior Upgrades: Ceramic Tint 30%, Axis Allies rims 20x9/20x10, Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 Tries 285/305, GM Front Splitter, Oracle Lighted Bowtie, rk sport spoiler, ZL1 Upper Grill & Side Rockers, 14' SS Hood Vent, Custom Brake Coolers.
Audio Upgrades: Image Dynamics 10" Subwoofer w/custom leather box & Morel Speakers
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
It is my belief that everyone hears things slightly different and each person has there own annoyances and some just don't like the hum or the tone at cruising. I for one hear the exhaust at cruising, and expect to hear it, but to me it isn't drone. I love my MRT V2's. It is ones own taste and preference. It is just my opinion that you will either love it or hate it.

I am glad you like it and welcome to the MRT V2.0 club. I have just one question. Are you finding it harder to keep your foot from mashing the gas pedal since you installed them?

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
richard200593

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
It is my belief that everyone hears things slightly different and each person has there own annoyances and some just don't like the hum or the tone at cruising. I for one hear the exhaust at cruising, and expect to hear it, but to me it isn't drone. I love my MRT V2's. It is ones own taste and preference. It is just my opinion that you will either love it or hate it.

I am glad you like it and welcome to the MRT V2.0 club. I have just one question. Are you finding it harder to keep your foot from mashing the gas pedal since you installed them?

Dean.
Only drove it once since installed but definitely love getting into it allot more than I used to. Next question is which performance mod will make it sound even better ported tb or cai
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/Subthump stealth box
Old 05-16-2013, 01:45 AM   #8
RedHotRS

Drives: 2013 CRT 2LT RS
Mine are supposed to be here today!

Did you have them welded on or just clamped? Heard a lot of people recommend having them welded, not sure if that helps with drone or not?
RedHotRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #9
richard200593

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotRS View Post
Mine are supposed to be here today!

Did you have them welded on or just clamped? Heard a lot of people recommend having them welded, not sure if that helps with drone or not?
I got them welded so that could help with drone not sure thou
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/Subthump stealth box
Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #10
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
How much did it cost you to get them installed? I am looking to get some ASAP. But Would ll ike to find a "killer" deal like you.
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
How much did it cost you to get them installed? I am looking to get some ASAP. But Would ll ike to find a "killer" deal like you.
About $350 to get done at a reputable shop like RDP Motorsports. I was kind of counting on it being less like $220, but they cleaned my wallet out.. But definitely worth it hahah
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #12
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
About $350 to get done at a reputable shop like RDP Motorsports. I was kind of counting on it being less like $220, but they cleaned my wallet out.. But definitely worth it hahah
Damn.. just install myself like everyone else on here! Maybe grab a buddy who has some more knowledge then I do! Hahah..
Old 05-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
Sqwirtle

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS-m6, IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard200593 View Post
Only drove it once since installed but definitely love getting into it allot more than I used to. Next question is which performance mod will make it sound even better ported tb or cai
I first installed a CAI and am now about to pull the trigger on the MRT v2's and a maybe the magnaflow resonated x pipe to go with it. I couldn't be happier with my CAI's cai. The sound when you mash the peddle just makes my giggle like a little school girl every time. I can't wait to get the MRT's on as well.
Sqwirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #14
Edsudec

Drives: 2012 1LT, IBM W/RS Package
I had reputable shop here in N.E. Ohio put mine on, and he just charged the normal 1 hour labor rate, including welding.
Edsudec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #15
dynosteve
www.rdpstore.com

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Send a message via Yahoo to dynosteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
Damn.. just install myself like everyone else on here! Maybe grab a buddy who has some more knowledge then I do! Hahah..
yes but we also provide a tune as well on the dyno to dial everything in, for forum members if wheres supplying a upgrade to there vehicle traditionally will will donate a tune to the customer to make sure everything is perfect, have a great night all
www.rdpstore.com Ph: 440 358 5500 or 440 251 8571 SLP / Kooks / SCT / Diablosport / Cold Air Inductions / Whipple / Vortech / TruTrac /Edelbrock / Fore Innovations / DSS / Hayes / Turbonetics / Vredestein / Borla / Maganflow / Corsa / Stainless Works / Hotchkis / EBC / Magnuson / Airaid / Whiteline /Fore Innovations / Snow /Trickflow / Moroso / Hp Tuners / Brembo / Rotofab and much much more
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #16
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
yes but we also provide a tune as well on the dyno to dial everything in, for forum members if wheres supplying a upgrade to there vehicle traditionally will will donate a tune to the customer to make sure everything is perfect, have a great night all
If I only lived closer...

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard200593 View Post
I added both of those after installing the exhaust but I can't say is that I really notice any difference in the note of the exhaust. The CAI will help it breath better and the ported TB I notice better throttle response in the mid range around 3000 RPM and up. It is spendy but the reason mine sounds a little deeper and a little louder or more aggressive sounding when I get on it is because of the Solo HFC's. That bill was a hard pill to swallow considering the gas prices are now up $.80 a gallon in the last 2 weeks and I have been back pedaling and have not been on it hard like I have been in the past. Luckily I bought them last February and have them installed and I think I would have passed now. But I can say I do really like the improvement they made in the sound.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote