Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 10-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
wutshotDJroomba

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Considering the IPS twin turbo

I have the most base model 2012 V6 offered and it has only the basic bolt ons, ported throttle body, Roto-fab CAI, SLP Loudmouth axle-back... Since I'm going turbo soon, is there anything else I would need outside of what comes included in the basic kit itself? Or will it just bolt-on and run with the tune normally? Anyone else install this one on a 2012 V6 yet, results?
“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
-Muhammad Ali
wutshotDJroomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
There's welding involved...at least. Not quite as simple as, say, the IPF S/C install.

Are the turbos both coolant and oil fed? Even my engine from a 1988 Mitsubishi Starion that I dropped into my 1987 Dodge Raider is both. I get the impression that these are only oil fed/returned, but I don't really know.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
wutshotDJroomba

[quote=JohnnyBfromPeoria] There's welding involved...at least. Not quite as simple as, say, the IPF S/C install.

are you running the ipf s/c?

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
-Muhammad Ali
Old 11-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
RS Speedriver

Drives: 2012 Camaro rs
I am planning on doing twins on my v6. but before that I am doing posi and gear swap.
RS Speedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Speedriver View Post
I am planning on doing twins on my v6. but before that I am doing posi and gear swap.
I'd do the twins first. If you do gears first, they may be too much when u do the twins aftet

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
So far I am inclining to do a S/C because the tuning and the hassle for it to be oil and water cooled and if the turbo messes up you won't be able to drive. If the S/C fails you are still able to drive it.

My build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312830
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
RS Speedriver

yea but the twins are designed for a stock ratio are they not. cuz I am putting on 3.91s on
Old 11-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
I thought about putting 3.45 gears in (well full rear cradle swap) I think the biggest I would attempt would be 3.73.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!!
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Speedriver View Post
yea but the twins are designed for a stock ratio are they not. cuz I am putting on 3.91s on
I don't think so but I may be wrong soon as my painter get his behind in gear and finish. Putting 3.91 in mine the problem is not the gears but the traction may be a issue.

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain
Old 11-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS, 04 Turbo Busa
Quit whining you already know the answer for that problem. Put a longer swingarm on it. LOL Give me power I'll find a way to make it hook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
I don't think so but I may be wrong soon as my painter get his behind in gear and finish. Putting 3.91 in mine the problem is not the gears but the traction may be a issue.

CAI intake, RX catch can, NYTREX Nitrous,RX Ported Throttle body, APEX air scoop & washer relocation kit,, BMR diff bushings, cradle bushings, driveshaft loop and tunnel brace, trailing arms, toe arms, Hurst Roll control, Flex-a-lite transmission cooler, SOLO HFCs, M/T 20" D/Rs, FTI 3400 stall converter, JacFab ported intake manifold and upper intake isolator (12/13) Solo cat back Mach X system (2/14), SS diff 3.91 gears (11/2013) Weld RT-S 17x10 & 17x5 (4/2014)
TUNING BY: HP Tuners /MATT@FSP
( 1.63 60' / 12.238@107.62 10/25/2013 )
Refusing to grow older, I just go faster.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #11
RS Speedriver

lol here we go.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #12
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
Quit whining you already know the answer for that problem. Put a longer swingarm on it. LOL Give me power I'll find a way to make it hook.
Lmao, if I could I would.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #13
seanurban

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS triple black
I go back and forth on this. It looks like the IPS system puts out some serious power!
seanurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #14
RS Speedriver

so I did some thinking. and I am going with ss gear swap first before turbos. I want a build rear end if I am plannng to turbo it later
Old 11-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
wutshotDJroomba

thanks for any and all advice on the twin turbo matter, after much consideration I decided to go with the IPF S/C, just seems like the best choice for me. Now to anyone who already has the IPF installed I post this question. Would I need new plugs? I've read a few people on here who just ran with stock components, but I'm just curious, I would like it to run as efficiently as possible.
-Muhammad Ali
Old 11-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #16
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2011 Black V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutshotDJroomba View Post
thanks for any and all advice on the twin turbo matter, after much consideration I decided to go with the IPF S/C, just seems like the best choice for me. Now to anyone who already has the IPF installed I post this question. Would I need new plugs? I've read a few people on here who just ran with stock components, but I'm just curious, I would like it to run as efficiently as possible.
It's not needed but my car ran a lot smoother with the colder heat range plugs and with the gap recommended by Arno.If you need anymore info you can always pm me.
2.5 Exhaust,DSS aluminum driveshaft,Ideal G master cylinder,GTO clutch reservior,Megan Coilovers,ASC T2 Ports with 4 Led,Rk Sport lip Kit,Dovetail spoiler,Tsw valencia wheels,HID headlights,Clear parking signals
Vader2011v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #17
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
I also have the most base LS Camaro 2012, my car rips, look for my build thread... Still on stock plugs, but considering a change. I have over 20k miles now on my system, so the plugs should be changed...

2012 LS M6,Brembo Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #18
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
I also have the most base LS Camaro 2012, my car rips, look for my build thread... Still on stock plugs, but considering a change. I have over 20k miles now on my system, so the plugs should be changed...
had a little trouble finding your build thread, got a link?
-Muhammad Ali
Old 11-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #19
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291319

2012 LS M6,Brembo Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #20
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
now that is choice.... you've just sparked my interest in upgrading the suspension components... haha
-Muhammad Ali
Old 11-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #21
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
It's a nice kit. It makes pretty decent power. I think you made a good choice. There will always be someone faster but you'll be the "someone faster" a lot more than you won't.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #22
gutterball

Drives: 2011 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Car ran great on the stock plugs, but you should be using colder plugs, I used AutoLite iridium plugs XP5263 ($6 apiece)
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #23
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
It's a nice kit. It makes pretty decent power. I think you made a good choice. There will always be someone faster but you'll be the "someone faster" a lot more than you won't.
agreed.
-Muhammad Ali
Old 12-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #24
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
Car ran great on the stock plugs, but you should be using colder plugs, I used AutoLite iridium plugs XP5263 ($6 apiece)
Good info to know.
-Muhammad Ali
Old 12-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #25
wutshotDJroomba

Update: I ordered my IPF supercharger today. infinite happiness.
-Muhammad Ali