Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 09-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
First step into FI!

Figured I'd start this thread as I take my first plunge into FI. I've gone back and fourth over time deciding if i wanted to purchase a new car or possibly just a V8 to itch the need for a little more power but everytime it comes to it I just can't get rid of my car. Mostly do to the color of my car and the amount of work I've done over the time I've had it so I've decided it's time to take the next step. I'll be purchasing the IPF kit from IBM Camaro and should have that all done by the end of this week. Next week I'll be on vacation in bermuda but I'm sure I'll be thinking about the kit waiting for me at home! once I'm back it's off to emissions then the build will start! I will document all my work on here the best I can lots of my mods I get so involved I forget to take pictures as I'm doing it but this time will be different.

My main goal is to reach 400rwhp. If I can get that I'll be happy. Planning on getting a meth kit over the winter and getting that installed so it can be tuned once the weather warms up. As far as other plans I don't know yet but I'm sure I'll get a lot from you guys. The information on here is awesome. I will be living in this section!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
JantzenOKC
Twins on the way!

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS LFX
Great news, I'll be following!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
I started out my build also with a kit purchased from IBM Camaro, I've had good luck with mine.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #4
Lombardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Great news, I'll be following!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I started out my build also with a kit purchased from IBM Camaro, I've had good luck with mine.
looks like IBM is spreading the wealth among the V6ers. lol

I hope to have the kit installed and running before the cold weather hits. Well see how that works out once I get back. I plan on running the kit as is from IPF for now and over the winter I'll do upgrades to the catch can setup and so on as I find needed. Also trying to decide weather I should go with IPF tune since I'll have the module or going with HP tuners at a local shop. I just like the convience of using the IPF module but I want whatever will make the most power and be the safest for my engine.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #5
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM COTW!
Lol thanks guys I hate losing money but it makes me happy to see both people will have good kits to use and mod I would personally use HP tuners to get the most out of it either way your gonna love it have all your stuff ready for shipping at my house
Old 09-18-2014, 03:02 AM   #6
Lombardi

Well kit is officially paid for and I can't wait. Gotta try and forget about it so I can enjoy my vacation next week.
Cars currently at the shop to get an emission issue fixed (P0449 Vent Valve solenoid) so hopefully that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. Then when I get back I have emissions done while I'm work (perks of working at a dealer) and then it'll be time for the installation!

Old 09-29-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
Lombardi

look what I got!

Hopefully getting my car back tomorow and getting emissions done so I can start tearing down. Pictures will come as soon as I start. hope to have it up and running by the end of this week!

Old 09-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #8
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
thanks!

looks like IBM is spreading the wealth among the V6ers. lol

I hope to have the kit installed and running before the cold weather hits. Well see how that works out once I get back. I plan on running the kit as is from IPF for now and over the winter I'll do upgrades to the catch can setup and so on as I find needed. Also trying to decide weather I should go with IPF tune since I'll have the module or going with HP tuners at a local shop. I just like the convience of using the IPF module but I want whatever will make the most power and be the safest for my engine.

Get the IPF tune and work with them. No one around us will tune a v6 and honestly there's no one in CT that I'd trust.

Your best option is to let the guys that developed that kit tune it.
Mikes fast ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:19 PM   #9
JantzenOKC
Twins on the way!

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS LFX
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #10
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes fast ss View Post
Get the IPF tune and work with them. No one around us will tune a v6 and honestly there's no one in CT that I'd trust.

You have too many cylinders to be on this side of the forum

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #11
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
You have too many cylinders to be on this side of the forum
My v8 use to run on 6 cylinders most of the time over the last 4 years so I'm a self proclaimed expert!
Mikes fast ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #12
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Hahaha. Tell don to start tuning 6s. I need a new tune.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #13
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Quote:
My v8 use to run on 6 cylinders most of the time over the last 4 years so I'm a self proclaimed expert!
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:04 AM   #14
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM COTW!
In my opinion safest would be IPF tune but for more power HP will do well
Old 09-30-2014, 12:31 AM   #15
Lombardi

as of right now I'm going to go with the ipf tune. they know their kit better then anyone else and I already have the tuner. if i have any issues I'll go to J&M and have them do HP Tuners.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:32 AM   #16
gutterball

Drives: 2011 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Quote:

I had IPF do my tune, after the tune I had no Traction control. tried to get a hold of them . left a number of Emails, never got an answer. IF you have your own controller, you can wait until Arno sends you a new download, but when your car is in the shop and you can't get a hold of the guy, that's a pain. J&M did the tune with HP tuner, I now have traction control and 25 more HP to boot.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:35 AM   #17
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Awesome.

400rwhp+ will be my goal as well once I save up and buy this kit.

Looking forward to seeing your build thread develop.
Performance Upgrades: CAI Intake, VMAX Ported TB, RX Catch Can, ZL1 Dual mode NPP Exhaust, 1LE Strut Brace, SS Brembo Brakes w/ Hawk HPS Pads & Goodridge brake lines, DOT4 Motul, 1LE Suspension Upgrade, 1" Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs, Vitesse Controller.
Exterior Upgrades: Ceramic Tint 30%, Axis Allies rims 20x9/20x10, Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 Tries 285/305, GM Front Splitter, Oracle Lighted Bowtie, rk sport spoiler, ZL1 Upper Grill & Side Rockers, 14' SS Hood Vent, Custom Brake Coolers.
Audio Upgrades: Image Dynamics 10" Subwoofer w/custom leather box & Morel Speakers
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #18
Lombardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
I had IPF do my tune, after the tune I had no Traction control. tried to get a hold of them . left a number of Emails, never got an answer. IF you have your own controller, you can wait until Arno sends you a new download, but when your car is in the shop and you can't get a hold of the guy, that's a pain. J&M did the tune with HP tuner, I now have traction control and 25 more HP to boot.
luckily I've had great contact with Andy. He's always replied to my emails promptly and has been great help with me. Even told me Arno would be willing to tune my car for meth if i go that route. If the customer service stays this way I'm sure I'll be happy.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #19
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
luckily I've had great contact with Andy. He's always replied to my emails promptly and has been great help with me. Even told me Arno would be willing to tune my car for meth if i go that route. If the customer service stays this way I'm sure I'll be happy.

Good luck with that line of BS he fed you, I have had to run the same tune for over a year even after dozens of emails about changing a tune.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:31 PM   #20
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Ipf has bad customer service?
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:04 PM   #21
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Ipf has bad customer service?
Seems hit or miss, the tuning support needs to better, the one tune fits all isn't good. Headers might be the biggest problem because each make shifts the torque band a different way.

They could also make a transmission tune that wasn't soft, my wife's V6 is just N/A and will chirp / burn the tires. The IPF trans tune is almost like stock. The transmission isn't going to last 150k with the power of a supercharger, might as well shift it hard.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #22
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Seems hit or miss, the tuning support needs to better, the one tune fits all isn't good. Headers might be the biggest problem because each make shifts the torque band a different way.

They could also make a transmission tune that wasn't soft, my wife's V6 is just N/A and will chirp / burn the tires. The IPF trans tune is almost like stock. The transmission isn't going to last 150k with the power of a supercharger, might as well shift it hard.

Not to thread jack I'm just curious, say I have the ipf a/c being installed as I have the ported tb, ported manifold, catback and 3.91 gears on my 14 1ls is it best to get my tune on a dyno with hp tuners or an ipf tune?(taking into account; power,reliability, and customer service) let's just say a shop like lethal racing would be doing the install(all hypothetical)
Old 09-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #23
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Not to thread jack I'm just curious, say I have the ipf a/c being installed as I have the ported tb, ported manifold, catback and 3.91 gears on my 14 1ls is it best to get my tune on a dyno with hp tuners or an ipf tune?(taking into account; power,reliability, and customer service) let's just say a shop like lethal racing would be doing the install(all hypothetical)
Don't know how the tunes are for the LFX, might be ok.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:49 PM   #24
crc91

Are you referring to the ipf time or the hp tuner?
Old 09-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #25
MagnumForceGB

The IPF LFX tunes.