Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 05-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #51
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Don't get me wrong. The dealership has always been great. Never questioned warranty, always gave me a brand new loaner even when I was too young for a dealer car they would pay for a rental. Treat me very well. They just kind of dropped the ball the last few days about the fans and windshield. Which they are a huge dealership with a lot going on. They only have like 5 service guys that organize it all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #52
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

I am leaving now to get it. 2 hour drive.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #53
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroC-17 View Post
I am leaving now to get it. 2 hour drive.

Good luck man.
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #54
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Got the car. Runs and sounds great! I forgot how good the engine sounds when its not covered up by a loud exhaust. Oil PSI is back to normal. The sound that I thought was a loose heat shield was A bad slave cylinder and throw out barring in the clutch which they found and replaced on their own. They even transferred over my painted valve covers for me. The guy who did the work said its a 2013 LLT. Only thing he didn't do is hook my ZL1 light harness back up to the fuze box. So my lower fogs are not powered right now. They had the car spotless inside and out and did replace the windshield and fixed the radiator fans.

Here's the million dollar question...mod or not to mod. At the least my elite catch can will go back on.

Attached Images

Old 05-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #55
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Nice
Old 05-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #56
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Got the car. Runs and sounds great! I forgot how good the engine sounds when its not covered up by a loud exhaust. Oil PSI is back to normal. The sound that I thought was a loose heat shield was A bad slave cylinder and throw out barring in the clutch which they found and replaced on their own. They even transferred over my painted valve covers for me. The guy who did the work said its a 2013 LLT. Only thing he didn't do is hook my ZL1 light harness back up to the fuze box. So my lower fogs are not powered right now. They had the car spotless inside and out and did replace the windshield and fixed the radiator fans.

Here's the million dollar question...mod or not to mod. At the least my elite catch can will go back on.

Glad to see it is all taken care of. For me, the million dollar question is if the timing chain issue still exists in your new LLT engine, or if its the same exact design as the 2010 engines.

So before this all began, did you take off the headers and everything before taking it in? I can't remember. That sounds like a lot of work lol.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #57
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Glad to see it is all taken care of. For me, the million dollar question is if the timing chain issue still exists in your new LLT engine, or if its the same exact design as the 2010 engines.

So before this all began, did you take off the headers and everything before taking it in? I can't remember. That sounds like a lot of work lol.
Yes performance wise it was completely stock minus the Hurst shifter

Old 05-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #58
GretchenGotGrowl

Great news.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Build Thread
Old 05-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #59
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

So what do you guys think? What could have caused this. You two guys both know what I had before....could any of that caused my issues?

Old 05-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #60
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
So what do you guys think? What could have caused this. You two guys both know what I had before....could any of that caused my issues?

I don't think so....the LLT just has some flaws. There are good ones, and bad ones it seems, but it just seems like the engine, while having awesome tech and making great power, didn't seem fully matured if you ask me. Its sad that owning an LLT makes me nervous, as it shouldn't be that way.

An intake, headers, exhaust, and tune shouldn't force your engine to take a dump like that.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #61
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
I would expect the 2013 motor had the LLT timing chain issues corrected.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #62
Blade

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Agreed but you'd think that the engine being in the CTS for a couple years before being ported to the Camaro woulda matured it right? I dunno....I think one of these engines just came with a flaw and screwed some of us. At least GM fixed the engines
Old 05-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #63
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I don't think so....the LLT just has some flaws. There are good ones, and bad ones it seems, but it just seems like the engine, while having awesome tech and making great power, didn't seem fully matured if you ask me. Its sad that owning an LLT makes me nervous, as it shouldn't be that way.

An intake, headers, exhaust, and tune shouldn't force your engine to take a dump like that.
I agree. No way those mods caused the failure. I think it was an oiling issue. Either it got too low or lost pressure.
Build Thread
Old 05-19-2013, 02:26 AM   #64
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
DYNO IT lol
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote