Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #26
BigBlock69RS
Ed
 
BigBlock69RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post

He is a silver spoon born tool making money off of his families name... and screwing the world one customer or ten at a time...
Wow what a sleaz-ball, definitely convinced me never to buy anything from him. hope this thread stays so I can link to it if anyone ever asks about them...
__________________
BigBlock69RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #27
bw26ss
Banned
 
Drives: ss camaro
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 877
i was going to buy a few things, guess not now
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #28
Whipped416

 
Whipped416's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,525
i will be taking my wires apart tonight and look at them...
did u take any pics robert?
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #29
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,085
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipped416 View Post
i will be taking my wires apart tonight and look at them...
did u take any pics robert?
Pics of the wires...??? No, waste of time,,,, When we saw what they were we threw them away and put my factory wires back on... There are tons of pics of the turbo debacle and over 100 witnesses as to how it happened... Lots of it is in my build thread... We did keep the little heat shield socks he uses to disguise the crappy wires... Best part of the whole wire set... They were cut and assemble wires... buy in bulk and cut to fit... then cover them to sell as high dollar wires... I bet I could build the entire set for 25% or less of what he charges for them...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #30
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,188
I just put Granatelli rotors on my 2011 SS RS with Hawk pads. The rear bracket is rubbing on the rotors and making noise while driving and get worse when braking. The front ones are fine. It looks like the rotors might be slightly bigger than stock and causing this. After reading this post I'm wondering what kind of BS I'm going to have to go trough to return these. I did get them through Summit so maybe I will be ok. What a pain in the ass though..
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #31
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 7,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Pics of the wires...??? No, waste of time,,,, When we saw what they were we threw them away and put my factory wires back on... There are tons of pics of the turbo debacle and over 100 witnesses as to how it happened... Lots of it is in my build thread... We did keep the little heat shield socks he uses to disguise the crappy wires... Best part of the whole wire set... They were cut and assemble wires... buy in bulk and cut to fit... then cover them to sell as high dollar wires... I bet I could build the entire set for 25% or less of what he charges for them...
You have the largest build thread in the history of build threads...
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:27 AM   #32
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,085
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
You have the largest build thread in the history of build threads...
Most of the witness comments are on page 33... Lots of funny reading in addition as well.

Page 33 if your page count is 25 posts per page...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #33
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 7,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Most of the witness comments are on page 33... Lots of funny reading in addition as well.

Page 33 if your page count is 25 posts per page...
Ok I'll go check it out. I liked Doug's comments about poop
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #34
JoeyB
 
JoeyB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 217
Update: I talked to JR on the phone last week, and he started whinning because I posted what he did on a bunch of threads, etc.
He seriously makes stuff up (complete lies) when he recalls what he or his guys supposedly said or did. Not sure if that has anything to due with that head injury or he's just always been like this, but it is extremely fustrating when you're trying to get to the bottom of an issue or trying to explain to him whats wrong and he just completely feeds you BS that never happened.
Bottom line is he tells me he thinks it's a turned cam bearing and that it's a common problem with camaros that put out my kinda HP. So I asked him why then when my motor was out and they were upgrading everything why didn't he suggest that we pin it ? His response was cause it was fine. But he realizes he should have suggested it.
So now he wants to charge me close to $5,000. to pull the motor and pin it. What a joke ! I own my own construction co. and would be out of business in a week if I ran my company like he does. F'n scum bag !
__________________
60'- 1.699 1/4- 11.086 @ 126.28

Last edited by JoeyB; 05-28-2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: spelling
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #35
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 7,777
Wow. He is a piece of shit if he actually said that to a custom.
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #36
sweasey
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 SS RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 10
At the cost of being the next person banned for sticking up for Granatelli, here it goes. I am 56 and can finally afford the car I always wanted. While I did have a 1969 Z28 in a past life prior to marriage and kids. My 2010 is the first nice car I have had for "me". Meaning not a 4 door to chauffeur my family around.

I researched all my options and in fact did see that SSE 4 2SS started a link about adding Granatelli twin turbos. The fact that Granatelli, Paxton, Whipple, Vortech, Turbonetics and Magnusson are all basically local companies, I sorta had my pick.

I made a trip to Granatelli, Paxton, Vortech, Turbonetics and Magnusson all in the same day as they are only a few miles apart. Far and away Granatelli was the easy choice for me. They make you feel like you are one of their own. I will add that darn near every time I was at Granatelli Joey B and his famous blue bass ass Camaro was there getting more work. So, needless to say I have had several conversations with him. He has always been very complementary to J.R. Granatelli and this is the first time I have heard him say he was not happy and I can tell you his car did not break down every time they worked on it or he would not keep coming back. Its too bad he had to resort to a slam tactic rather then speak with GMS.

My Twin turbo kit and all the suspension came direct from Granatelli and I have been driving it likes it stolen for over a year. I even remember once when Joey B was there I was showing off and bounced my car off a curb and Granatelli in typical fashion bent over backwards to make sure I was OK and help me get my car repaired at no profit to himself. I have been there countless times and seen him do work for Joey B, GMG69, myself and several others for free. Like installing a billet grill in Joey B's car before he left for a car show at a moments notice. He installed my 1G suspension while i waited and let me watch the entire process.

I can't say much more than that but I can say Granatelli has ALWAYS been happy to take my call and happy to help. They offer pick up and delivery and I know they have been to Joey B's house several times at no charge to him.

There was a comment made about parts being made in China - more hearsay. I watch Granatelli and his staff make every suspension part that is on my car right there in house. There are videos out there that show that.

If this gets me banned then so be it but Joey B I think you know Joe would do anything for you if you asked nicely and explained your concerns. In your comment above you say you spun a cam bearing and that when Granatelli worked on your engine the bearings were good. If he installed your camshaft and it eat the bearings there must be a reason. I saw your car make 740rwhp on the dyno with the huge Vortech and Cog drive and then I saw you drive it away like it was stock. It was awesome.

Hope everything works out for you.

adding more:

I re-re-read this thread. Granatelli wires have had so many great things said about them and so many dyno tests from all over the country. They are American made and not cheap crap at indicated by SSE 4 2SS. Sir I know you have tons of pull around here and your voice is well respected. I read your thread and you probably don't recall speaking with me in the parking lot at the motel outside of AZ during CamaroFest. You told me then that you though Granatelli was a stand up guy because he gave you the turbos off his own engine and helped you change them in his trailer in 100-degree weather inside his trailer right there at the event. You told me you were especially impressed because didn't even buy the turbo kit from him. Now you are inferring otherwise. If you recall you talked me out of journal bearing turbos and said that was your mistake - having a big engine set up to race and not just going with ball bearing turbos right out of the box. That is why when I purchased mine I just opted upfront for the biggest baddest turbos Granatelli offered. Did you purchase your turbo kit from Granatelli? Or am I misspoken?

Last edited by sweasey; 05-28-2013 at 09:44 PM.
sweasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #37
JoeyB
 
JoeyB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 217
I knew it wouldn't be long before JR started getting you and others to respond. Just like he asked us to write a good review for him on Yelp. (Chris should I share the email ?)
#1 you are full of sh*t and I will have no problem telling you that to your face, I talked to you ONCE at their shop, and did see you drive your Camaro into a curb. Maybe you should go back to the 4-door family car.
#2 All the stuff you are quoting you would have no idea about except JR is obviously pulling your strings and telling you what to write.
#3 yes they have been to my house to pick up and drop off my car/truck 2-3 times and thats ONLY because I gave JR tons of shit for me ALWAYS bringing my car back to him when I got it back due to his work and poor follow thru. Also he installed a new air induction on my F150 and 4 shops wouldn't smog it so I told him he better get it smogged ! So he did at his "buddies" shop.
#4 The grill he "helped" with I did 80% of the work on his shop floor using his tools and paid him $100. cash
#5 READ THE ABOVE POST, I DID TALK TO HIM AND HE QUOTED ME ANOTHER $5,000. ON TOP OF THE $1,300. I PAID A HOT ROD SHOP UP HERE TO DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM (and yes this shop was in constant contact with JR during the work, per my request) Oh yea and since I have my $100,000. lawn ornament here in Big Bear I'll have to pay hundreds to get it towed to JR's.
So Chris share this with JR and get him to feed you some more half thruths and then go ahead and respond tomorrow...
__________________
60'- 1.699 1/4- 11.086 @ 126.28
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #38
JoeyB
 
JoeyB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 217
And one more thing I have TONS of emails that document all the BS I went thru with JR and his staff.
I'd be more than happy to share if anyone wants to email me.
I will be sharing them with "B.A.R." so it's no problem.
__________________
60'- 1.699 1/4- 11.086 @ 126.28
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #39
JoeyB
 
JoeyB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 217
See below, looks like they had the same problem with my car last year !!
Just found this email.


-----Original Message-----
From: Nick <nick@granatellimotorsports.com>
To: seaviewconstr <seaviewconstr@aol.com>
Sent: Sat, Aug 18, 2012 11:52 am
Subject: Re: oil pump


I will definitely shoot you more info as I get it. Its hotter than the surface of the sun out here today, you are not missing much besides heat stroke!

seaviewconstr@aol.com wrote:

Shit, keep me informed have a good weekend


Thanks, Joey
Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID



Nick <nick@granatellimotorsports.com> wrote:

Sorry Joe, just saw your email. The oil pump was rebuilt and installed but the mains still had low oil pressure. The lifters had a full 60 pounds. We still have people on it trying to figure out the issue. I will get you more information as it comes to me.

Joey <seaviewconstr@aol.com> wrote:

Hey Nick,
did the oil pump arrive yesterday ? has it been installed yet ?


Thanks,

Joey Basile
President
SeaView Construction, Inc.
Lic.#770877


__________________
60'- 1.699 1/4- 11.086 @ 126.28
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #40
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,085
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweasey View Post
At the cost of being the next person banned for sticking up for Granatelli, here it goes. I am 56 and can finally afford the car I always wanted. While I did have a 1969 Z28 in a past life prior to marriage and kids. My 2010 is the first nice car I have had for "me". Meaning not a 4 door to chauffeur my family around.

I researched all my options and in fact did see that SSE 4 2SS started a link about adding Granatelli twin turbos. The fact that Granatelli, Paxton, Whipple, Vortech, Turbonetics and Magnusson are all basically local companies, I sorta had my pick.

I made a trip to Granatelli, Paxton, Vortech, Turbonetics and Magnusson all in the same day as they are only a few miles apart. Far and away Granatelli was the easy choice for me. They make you feel like you are one of their own. I will add that darn near every time I was at Granatelli Joey B and his famous blue bass ass Camaro was there getting more work. So, needless to say I have had several conversations with him. He has always been very complementary to J.R. Granatelli and this is the first time I have heard him say he was not happy and I can tell you his car did not break down every time they worked on it or he would not keep coming back. Its too bad he had to resort to a slam tactic rather then speak with GMS.

My Twin turbo kit and all the suspension came direct from Granatelli and I have been driving it likes it stolen for over a year. I even remember once when Joey B was there I was showing off and bounced my car off a curb and Granatelli in typical fashion bent over backwards to make sure I was OK and help me get my car repaired at no profit to himself. I have been there countless times and seen him do work for Joey B, GMG69, myself and several others for free. Like installing a billet grill in Joey B's car before he left for a car show at a moments notice. He installed my 1G suspension while i waited and let me watch the entire process.

I can't say much more than that but I can say Granatelli has ALWAYS been happy to take my call and happy to help. They offer pick up and delivery and I know they have been to Joey B's house several times at no charge to him.

There was a comment made about parts being made in China - more hearsay. I watch Granatelli and his staff make every suspension part that is on my car right there in house. There are videos out there that show that.

If this gets me banned then so be it but Joey B I think you know Joe would do anything for you if you asked nicely and explained your concerns. In your comment above you say you spun a cam bearing and that when Granatelli worked on your engine the bearings were good. If he installed your camshaft and it eat the bearings there must be a reason. I saw your car make 740rwhp on the dyno with the huge Vortech and Cog drive and then I saw you drive it away like it was stock. It was awesome.

Hope everything works out for you.

adding more:

I re-re-read this thread. Granatelli wires have had so many great things said about them and so many dyno tests from all over the country. They are American made and not cheap crap at indicated by SSE 4 2SS. Sir I know you have tons of pull around here and your voice is well respected. I read your thread and you probably don't recall speaking with me in the parking lot at the motel outside of AZ during CamaroFest. You told me then that you though Granatelli was a stand up guy because he gave you the turbos off his own engine and helped you change them in his trailer in 100-degree weather inside his trailer right there at the event. You told me you were especially impressed because didn't even buy the turbo kit from him. Now you are inferring otherwise. If you recall you talked me out of journal bearing turbos and said that was your mistake - having a big engine set up to race and not just going with ball bearing turbos right out of the box. That is why when I purchased mine I just opted upfront for the biggest baddest turbos Granatelli offered. Did you purchase your turbo kit from Granatelli? Or am I misspoken?
Sir,

Posting like this will most assuredly not get you banned. I respect your opinion and you are certainly entitled to one.

We all have opinions based on our personal experiences and this is how we base our choices.

I'm glad it has all worked out for you. My experience hasn't been so pleasant. It might have something to do with the fact that I can't drive right down the road and walk into their shop...

I do know that the wires I received were junk.

I was left with no option but to buy two new turbos after having the originals on my car for one week. A good vendor would have apologized and offered up the turbos off the display motor, helped me install them, or do it himself, and I would have happily paid the difference for the upgrade.

I can promise you after the comment he made to my wife, about refusing to take a check, I didn't speak highly of him to anyone... and that occurred the first night I arrived....

I didn't outright trash talk him due to him basically holding hostage 3200 dollars worth of my turbo's that he charged me 3600 for. The only people I talked down about him to were close friends of mine... They were way more pissed at him than I was....

He sent MY turbos back to Precision for repair and upgrade and made damn sure they were mailed back to him, so he retained control of them, and then credited my acct for a sum of money of his choosing...

I already had a buyer for them.

He informed you correctly, my kit was bought directly from TTI, due to repeated calls to GMS that consistently got a cue card voice on the phone that couldn't answer questions for my builder, an engineer... So, I got ahold of George at TTI and got the two of them on the phone together... TTI set my builder up as a preferred vendor installer and my builder bought the kit. My builder will no longer work with anything associated with GMS...

I hear this pissed JR off.. I'm sorry but that's between them.... I guess JR was pissed that he didn't get his profit margin... That's between he and George, and should never affect the customer.... This should never even be known by the customer... Keep your dirty laundry at home....

JR was pleased to tell me at the Fest in Phoenix that he had sold 85 of these kits, witnessed statement by many, and that of all of them, I was the only one talking about the kit... WHY... and why screw the best word of mouth he had going.... That just doesn't make sense to me...

JR knew way ahead of time through discussion on the boards that I was going with a 427 CI motor, yet he never mentioned that the turbos with the kit were going to be too small... He seems to be full of facts and so analytical yet he never picked up on this... I certainly wasn't aware of it being a problem at the time...

I have to ask, if you had turbo installed for one week and they crapped the bed, would you want to have to go in an buy two new turbos or drag your car 1000 miles home... How it I had to pay 3600 dollars for two turbos that JR told me retailed for 1600... and he paid substantially less than that for them... I have a price sheet directly from Precision.

This is my opinion, and like you, I am entitled to it based on the way I was treated...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #41
JoeyB
 
JoeyB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Sir,

Posting like this will most assuredly not get you banned. I respect your opinion and you are certainly entitled to one.

We all have opinions based on our personal experiences and this is how we base our choices.

I'm glad it has all worked out for you. My experience hasn't been so pleasant. It might have something to do with the fact that I can't drive right down the road and walk into their shop...

I do know that the wires I received were junk.

I was left with no option but to buy two new turbos after having the originals on my car for one week. A good vendor would have apologized and offered up the turbos off the display motor, helped me install them, or do it himself, and I would have happily paid the difference for the upgrade.

I can promise you after the comment he made to my wife, about refusing to take a check, I didn't speak highly of him to anyone... and that occurred the first night I arrived....

I didn't outright trash talk him due to him basically holding hostage 3200 dollars worth of my turbo's that he charged me 3600 for. The only people I talked down about him to were close friends of mine... They were way more pissed at him than I was....

He sent MY turbos back to Precision for repair and upgrade and made damn sure they were mailed back to him, so he retained control of them, and then credited my acct for a sum of money of his choosing...

I already had a buyer for them.

He informed you correctly, my kit was bought directly from TTI, due to repeated calls to GMS that consistently got a cue card voice on the phone that couldn't answer questions for my builder, an engineer... So, I got ahold of George at TTI and got the two of them on the phone together... TTI set my builder up as a preferred vendor installer and my builder bought the kit. My builder will no longer work with anything associated with GMS...

I hear this pissed JR off.. I'm sorry but that's between them.... I guess JR was pissed that he didn't get his profit margin... That's between he and George, and should never affect the customer.... This should never even be known by the customer... Keep your dirty laundry at home....

JR was pleased to tell me at the Fest in Phoenix that he had sold 85 of these kits, witnessed statement by many, and that of all of them, I was the only one talking about the kit... WHY... and why screw the best word of mouth he had going.... That just doesn't make sense to me...

JR knew way ahead of time through discussion on the boards that I was going with a 427 CI motor, yet he never mentioned that the turbos with the kit were going to be too small... He seems to be full of facts and so analytical yet he never picked up on this... I certainly wasn't aware of it being a problem at the time...

I have to ask, if you had turbo installed for one week and they crapped the bed, would you want to have to go in an buy two new turbos or drag your car 1000 miles home... How it I had to pay 3600 dollars for two turbos that JR told me retailed for 1600... and he paid substantially less than that for them... I have a price sheet directly from Precision.

This is my opinion, and like you, I am entitled to it based on the way I was treated...
Funny you mention that, when JR pulled and upgraded my engine, not once did he mention I was also going to have to upgrade to a NEW Super Charger another $4,700. that I had NO IDEA i had to spend to get my car to preform the way he promised. Guess thats his M.O. Like I said before scum bag !!

__________________
60'- 1.699 1/4- 11.086 @ 126.28
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #42
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
Funny you mention that, when JR pulled and upgraded my engine, not once did he mention I was also going to have to upgrade to a NEW Super Charger another $4,700. that I had NO IDEA i had to spend to get my car to preform the way he promised. Guess thats his M.O. Like I said before scum bag !!
Why did you need a new supercharger?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #43
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,085
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Why did you need a new supercharger?
That might be a question for JR.... He may have seen someone like me, uneducated at that time... and saw dollar signs

I certainly didn't know much about turbos when I started this.... and was looking for guidance... JR had a great line of BS... but no follow up or stayin power... He was off to greener pastures to screw...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #44
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
That might be a question for JR.... He may have seen someone like me, uneducated at that time... and saw dollar signs

I certainly didn't know much about turbos when I started this.... and was looking for guidance... JR had a great line of BS... but no follow up or stayin power... He was off to greener pastures to screw...
I've never heard of a blower just going bad. Seems like a bunch of vendors have chosen poor practices lately. I'm thankful I'm Teds neighbor. His honesty is priceless.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #45
JoeyB
 
JoeyB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 217
Here's the exchange between me and Nick , JR. A lot of BS was talked on over the phone per JR reA: the new SC

From: Joey [mailto:seaviewconstr@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:41 PM
To: jrgranatelli@granatellimotorsports.com; nick@granatellimotorsports.com
Subject: Re: Blower upgrade and support parts




Joe & Nick,

I have a question, When I told you I wanted to go faster and get into the 10's what could I do , you guys suggested this work to be done. I made it clear since day one that I was not a car guy and trusted what you suggested.

I originally ok'd the work below in RED, then of course the broken timing cover which none of us saw so I ok'd the second part of the bid in Blue.

As you can see the said End Result says 650 RWHP, so why was this never told to me that I would need to upgrade the Supercharger or even it might be a possibility. Below when I asked to give me a price to upgrade to the V-7 you guys quoted $2500. now it's almost double ??

I have been EXTREMELY nice and patient regarding this work that has taken over 2 months and still isn't done. But I am starting to loose pertinence.



And please have Nick send me a statement showing me what I have into it now and payments that I've made to date.





-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Sorensen <
nick@granatellimotorsports.com>
To: 'Joey' <
seaviewconstr@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Jun 26, 2012 4:43 pm
Subject: 2010 Camaro Service Quote

  1. <LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>MSD 2 Step – Fix/adjust/fine tune – free<LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Posi – inspect for damage/wear – labor free + parts if needed<LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>CNC ported heads and high performance valves, springs, retainers and locks - $1800 parts + $2000 Labor<LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Overdrive pulley - $300<LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Nitrous intercooler spray bar system - $550 parts + $300 labor<LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Tow hook - $300 parts and labor<LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Custom fabricated air intake for Vortech supercharger – (time + material) $400 estimate<LI style="COLOR: black; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Dyno pulls, B< mile simulation and data log $180
  2. Custom dyno tune $600


End result – 650 rear wheel horsepower - $6500 total



Rebuild your current engine with forged connecting rods, forged pistons, all ARP hardware including ARP 2000 rod bolts, balance rotating assembly and custom camshaft/lifters - $6000



427ci RHS block complete turn key engine replacement - $27,450



Vortech supercharger upgrade - $2500



Let me know how you want to proceed, we are ready whenever you are!



Thank you,

Nick Sorensen

Granatelli Motor Sports

805-486-6644 x 15





Thanks,



Joey Basile
President
SeaView Construction, Inc.
Lic.#770877
805-680-9247
805-884-0719 fax





-----Original Message-----
From: Joey Granatelli <jrgranatelli@granatellimotorsports.com>
To: 'Joey' <seaviewconstr@aol.com>; nick <nick@granatellimotorsports.com>
Sent: Wed, Sep 5, 2012 11:22 am
Subject: Blower upgrade and support parts


Qty
Part Number
Description
Each
Total
1
YSI Supercharger

S/C

3,518.00
3,518.00
1
4FA130 – 036

Oil Drain

39.95
39.95
1
4GE130-026

Oil Feed

79.95
79.95
1
4GE155-020

Support items Ysi

169.00
169.00
1
4FD017-011

Pilot - $6.00

9.95
9.95
1
4FP116-020

50mm Idler

134.95
134.95
1
4GE017-031

Idler Spacer

20.95
20.95
1
4PFA010-031

Idler Adj Bracket

52.95
52.95
2
7A250-100

Allen bolt

1.95
3.90
3
7A375-325

Bolt

5.95
17.85
1
7B375-200

Bolt

$1.95
1.95
1
7B500-325

Arbor

$46.95
46.95
2
7C010-057

Retainer

$12.95
25.90
1
7F500-200

Jam Nut

$3.95
3.95
1
7K375-040

Washer

3.95
3.95
2
7K437-001

sub retainers

3.95
7.90
1
7PA375-500

Idler Adj Screw

24.95
24.95


















$4,163.00


Joey – This is the quote direct from Vortech to upgrade your car to a Ysi blower plus the oil feed and drain parts. It will require about a days worth of work to get it all installed and converted over as well. Everything is on order and should be here in 5 days. The hold up is the blower configured to the Gen 5 Camaro application. The trade in on your blower is only $750 but I think if you want to shop it you can get $1000 to $1200 on ebay. Let me know about the trade in or if you want it back








JR's response:

I understand what you are asking me. When changing your engine we came across other things that needed immediate attention and we addressed them for you, using your analogy. If you quote me $2000 to put a 4 x 8 window in the center of my wall and then find out after the fact that I have central vacuuming in my house when you remove the drywall, I would expect you to charge me extra to replumb the tubing – I don’t think that should be included

We can speak in the morning. If you wish to cancel the blower upgrade – let me know as I already gave them a deposit.


__________________
60'- 1.699 1/4- 11.086 @ 126.28
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #46
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,025
You still pay $600 for dyno tuning? After everything you've bought from him? Craziness. I hope you get this taken care of.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #47
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,085
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
You still pay $600 for dyno tuning? After everything you've bought from him? Craziness. I hope you get this taken care of.
Agreed....
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #48
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,085
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
This was never an option for me...

Let me know about the trade in or if you want it back
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #49
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Just in case anyone felt like sharing their experience - here's a link to Granatelli's BBB page: http://www.bbb.org/santa-barbara/bus...d-ca-92000345/

Yeaaa - their rating is a little too high in my opinion.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #50
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!
 
Blk-Ice's Avatar
 
Drives: Blk 2SS with Gun metal Gray Stripes
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern VA & NC
Posts: 1,716
Ive got their Tow Links on my car.....any issues with those that anyone know of?!
__________________
"Life is a warzone...Adapt, Evolve, Never surrender!"
Fear the LMR Twisted Reaper Brotherhood!

Blk-Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
gms crooks, granatelli sucks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.